N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3351)
Old

Car: bmw 2018 440i Grand Coupe
Default 10-16-2017, 11:52 AM

Hello I need some help pretty please.

Bought a 2018 BMW 440i Grand Coupe, with jb4 installed.

the menu items for tach meter has me confused...

when i click over to tach from maps, the first thing shows is just beneath 20mph. which would be

the sound(20mph) right?
next would be boost gauge? (40mph)
then after would be angel eyes (60mph)
when i mess with these settings and change the boost gauge off. still comes on.

So i believe my map menu is either different from the video or maybe I am not doing it right.

if you want to lend a hand, I would really appreciate your help.

danielortiz20@gmail.com

thank you!
(#3352)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 10-16-2017, 11:55 AM

'0 map menu, map shown on tach. Note map guide above.
'1 Not used for this model
'2 Boost gauge on fuel, boost is shown in the fuel gauge under heavy throttle with empty being 0psi boost and full being whatever you've assigned to your boost failsafe PSI on the user adjustment page. Default is 18psi. (OFF tach = 0, ON tach = 1000)
'3 LED MAX brightness mode. For those with factory LED headlights this option brightens HALO during nighttime operation. (OFF tach = 0, ON tach = 1000)
'4 Delete Fault Codes.
'5 1st gear boost limit setting. 0-7000rpm = 0-20psi.
'6 2nd gear boost limiter
'7 3rd gear boost limiter

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#3353)
Old

Car: bmw 2018 440i Grand Coupe
Default 10-16-2017, 12:01 PM

I have the same menu but unfortunately it does not let me turn it off unless I am not correctly going through the menu.

0 map menu, map shown on tach. Note map guide above.
(20mph on tach is this CORRECT?)'1 Not used for this model
(40mph on tach is this CORRECT?)'2 Boost gauge on fuel, boost is shown in the fuel gauge under heavy throttle with empty being 0psi boost and full being whatever you've assigned to your boost failsafe PSI on the user adjustment page. Default is 18psi. (OFF tach = 0, ON tach = 1000)
(60mph correct?)'3 LED MAX brightness mode. For those with factory LED headlights this option brightens HALO during nighttime operation. (OFF tach = 0, ON tach = 1000)
'4 Delete Fault Codes.
'5 1st gear boost limit setting. 0-7000rpm = 0-20psi.
'6 2nd gear boost limiter
'7 3rd gear boost limiter

and so on and so fourth you get my drift.

Thank you for replying
(#3354)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 10-16-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikiton
the CEL came on as soon as you updated to EWG12 but more is the update for JB4 Mobile app.
I had EWG11 for months and didnt update my jb4 mobile app until recently to confirm this. But I have Bootmod3 flash so I dont worry about CEL i was just testing some stuff on stock map
if you dont mind me asking, how do you like the combined bootmod3 flash with the jb4 combined? worth it?
(#3355)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActorDanielOrtiz
Hello I need some help pretty please.

Bought a 2018 BMW 440i Grand Coupe, with jb4 installed.

the menu items for tach meter has me confused...

when i click over to tach from maps, the first thing shows is just beneath 20mph. which would be

Starts at menu0 and you count the clicks to determine what menu you are on. The boost gauge would be 2 clicks up and if its enabled tach will jump to 1000rpm on that menu.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3356)
Old

Car: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe
Default Board Reset - 10-18-2017, 01:31 PM

I inadvertently started a "board reset" with the unlabeled button in the software, with the car running. I didn't know if it would be worse to unplug it or leave it, so I left it; at the end the blinkers flashed and the car shut off.

Nothing seems wrong, but did it do anything?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread, it's an E series!
(#3357)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2017, 01:58 PM

I don't know what that is, but if the car is running fine, sounds fine to me.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3358)
Old

Default 10-18-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't know what that is, but if the car is running fine, sounds fine to me.
Under the Settings tab, lower right, little gray button with no text. Click on it and it says

"Board Reset

To enter boot mode, unplug JB4 box from harness, press OK, connect grey USB cable to JB4 box, connect JB4 box to vehicle harness, then turn on the vehicle ignition. If successful, the JB4 will request firmware to be uploaded."

I don't think I hit "OK", but X to close, and it started doing its thing.
(#3359)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2017, 04:29 PM

Got it, it used to be called "disaster recovery". That only takes effect if you disconnect the board and plug it back in while that process is running. So you're good to go.

Burger Motorsports

(#3360)
Old

Default 10-18-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Got it, it used to be called "disaster recovery". That only takes effect if you disconnect the board and plug it back in while that process is running. So you're good to go.
Thanks!
(#3361)
Old

Car: m135i
Default 10-21-2017, 03:42 AM

HI

i am looking for some help with my f21 m135i with JB4 bms intake ***** and mpe.

i recently have been getting some errors on the jb4 about valvetronic being disabled .

can anyone tell me what valvetronic is and what it does?

thanks
(#3362)
Old

Car: 2014 435i x drive
Default max boost 14.8 psi? - 10-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Hi guys new to everything here. I drive a 2014 435i with a jb4 (map) with a bms intake and a ER ********. Recently got the jb4 connect kit and did a log. Max boost was 14.8 psi. does that sound right? also if you guys can take a look at the other stuff.I just want my car to be running well
2017-10-26 22_38_28.csv.2017-10-26 22_38_28.csv
(#3363)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 10-30-2017, 03:24 AM

can you register battery with n55 jb4?

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#3364)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwan35
can you register battery with n55 jb4?
Not an F series, yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#3365)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 11-10-2017, 07:02 PM

For rhd n55 f10. Where do i put the cable thru for me to access the firewall? I tried to find a whole or something but i couldnt find it. Its difficult when i had to open up the hood everytime i want to connect with the jb4.

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#3366)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2017, 11:15 PM

Get the blue tooth, or run it along with the OBDII cable.

Burger Motorsports

(#3367)
Old

Car: AW135/E30M3 Junglegym
Default 11-12-2017, 03:51 PM

All, quick question, is there and auto clear for fault codes related to ******* down pipe? I have JB4 on my N54 and it auto clears. On the F30 N55 I keep getting a “******* down pipe detected” code. I can clear the code using the steering wheel controls or when connected to my laptop. It would be great if it did this and I just don’t know how to activate. Thanks!

Sam
(#3368)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 11-12-2017, 04:49 PM

The auto clear has been removed from all JB4s.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i xDrive
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
(#3369)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRNTHVY
All, quick question, is there and auto clear for fault codes related to ******* down pipe? I have JB4 on my N54 and it auto clears. On the F30 N55 I keep getting a “******* down pipe detected” code. I can clear the code using the steering wheel controls or when connected to my laptop. It would be great if it did this and I just don’t know how to activate. Thanks!

Sam
If outside the USA there is a passive delete option on the WMI page. Inside the USA, that option is blocked.

Burger Motorsports

(#3370)
Old

Car: 335i Xdrive M sport 2013
Default 11-14-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4zzy
HI

i am looking for some help with my f21 m135i with JB4 bms intake ***** and mpe.

i recently have been getting some errors on the jb4 about valvetronic being disabled .

can anyone tell me what valvetronic is and what it does?

thanks
hi I have the same problem, my valvetronic is disabled, I haven't updated jb4 .. could this be the problem, please some one help us!?
(#3371)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 335ix
Default 11-18-2017, 10:05 PM

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere. Having trouble using the search tool bc it keeps omitting popular words like 'jb4' and 'turbo'.

If you install fbo and a turbo kit like speedtech, which map should you use? Should you get a custom tune? Is there a way to have multiple maps for different max hp outputs? Like one at about 400 and one at about 500?
(#3372)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 335ix
Default 11-18-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostplz
hi I have the same problem, my valvetronic is disabled, I haven't updated jb4 .. could this be the problem, please some one help us!?
Is there a way to have multiple custom maps to align with with different boost levela of a speedtech kit?
(#3373)
Old

Car: BMW F11 535i
Default 11-19-2017, 06:29 AM

Was driving today and noticed that the car was "jerking" when i accelerated. Then i did read the error codes with my jb4 and got "121002 MAP sensor,short to ground" anyone else have had the same issue? Or is my MAP sensor just going nuts and need to buy a new one. Thnx!
(#3374)
Old

Car: 2013 335ix
Default 11-20-2017, 02:24 PM

Hello everyone,
(#3375)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55Frank
Hello everyone,
If you need technical support you can email or make a thread in the support area. We'll want to see installation photos, maybe a JB4 log, and any other information you can provide.

Burger Motorsports