N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 535i xDrive
Default Flex Fuel Sensor with XDI-35 HPFP Installed. - 05-29-2020, 11:52 AM

2013 535iXdrive

Has anyone install the Fuel-It flex fuel sensor that has an XDI-35 HPFP?

These pumps come with their own soft line from the pump to the hard line in the engine bay, because it uses an AN fitting.

Is there another solution to Fuel-It, because Steve at BMS says that you have to use the lines that come with it and you can't use the stock lines. A reached out to Fuel-It to see if there was a solution, because of what Steve told me. Fuel-It basically said no be saying....Do you think Steve would pull your leg? 😉

So who has put a flex fuel system in that can connect to the JB4 that's is compatible, since Fuel-It isn't with an XDI-35.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 06-01-2020, 07:11 AM

You may have to do something custom. I have the same issue with my FX-150 HPFP, but haven't solved it yet. Custom lines aren't too difficult.

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 06-01-2020, 04:43 PM

Yeah you'll have to make custom lines. But the best thing about the spool performance pumps are the fact that they are AN based so no need to look for stupid push lock fittings online, and thus making a custom fuel line is easy. If not spool has a stainless AN line with flexfuel sensor for sale.

For OP maybe you can purchase fuel line hoses from a vendor online like improved racing, and use oteker clamps to clamp down the fitting from the supplied short line once you cut it out.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#4)
Old

Car: F25
Default 06-03-2020, 07:21 AM

I'm running that setup in my X3, which is essentially your car made into an "SAV". I've had port injection in the past, too. Each setup was done with custom AN fittings, filter and push lock hose ends from Russell. Like everyone has said, they're pretty easy to do. Plus, they look baller and are potentially safer and easier to work on.

F25 X3 35i M Sport | Pure Stage 2 turbo + inlet | UR de-catted thingy | VRSF Race IC | FTP full thingies | BM3 PTF tuned | XDI-35 HPFP | Stage 2 LPFP | Ethanol mixed | WMI | Oil cooler | xHP | 50iX brakes
(#5)
Old

Car: 2013 535i xDrive
Default 06-06-2020, 05:36 PM

Ok, I got the fuel- it f series flex fuel kit. The fuel line is 1 continuous line with a stock size quick connect on it. Since i had my xdi-35 E85 grade fuel line in, I ended up cutting the head off the side the plugged into my hard fuel line in my engine bay.

The kit comes with 2 larger quick connect fittings that fit the larger receivers on the sensor. OD of sensor receiver is about .3735" stock line about .3140".

I pressed on 1 connector to my cutoff line from the hpfp and installed to the sensor. The long line that came with the kit, I ran from the engine bay to the fuel tank along the stock fuel line. The head that came on this line is not useful to me, so I cut it off and installed a supplied right angle stock size quick connect to the end that plugs into the fuel pump. The other side of the fuel line in the engine bay requires the second large quick connect to be pressed on. I hose clamped all lines. This side goes to the other side of the flex fuel sensor.

Since I followed and zip tied the supplied fuel line to my old stock line, there really wasn't extra length to make a long enough second line to reach my hpfp, so I'm glad that I was able to keep and use my xdi-35 fuel line and just change the head on one side.

Last edited by cmcacmca75; 06-06-2020 at 05:44 PM..