N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW e92 n55
Default Firmware update 5_18_t2.hex Car Running Horrible! - 08-27-2020, 08:44 PM

After updating my firmware to the 5_18_t2 my car is running like completely s***! I tried different maps(0,2,1,5,6). Feels like bad misfires codes 281A & 281B keep putting me in limp mode. Hereís a log from today.
Mods: JB4 with MHD back end flash, xHP stage 3, ********, AFI intake, BMW performance exhaust.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M0_R1_mhd_bef_xHP_200827_131316.csv (11.6 KB, 19 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-30-2020, 07:05 AM

Hey,

Just to rule out a firmware issue- have you reverted back to the old firmware / does the car behave normal?

Settings also sometimes get reverted when making a firmware change, it would be worth a user adjustment / setting check to make sure.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 08-31-2020, 12:41 PM

Yes I have. Multiple times & every time I go back the car runs great again. Settings all look the same as far as I can tell.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-31-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicknick530
Yes I have. Multiple times & every time I go back the car runs great again. Settings all look the same as far as I can tell.
double check settings to make sure.

But something has to be up if everything works on the old firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2013 E92 335i xDrive
Default 09-01-2020, 09:17 AM

I had a similar issue forever. I think they might be related. It occurs for me if the car has been turned off for a few minutes, but it would run fine as long as it was left for 15 minutes or so. I even replaced my jb4 board and still had the same issue.

Are you running the E85 BEF? My issue seems to have gone away (finally, this week after months of getting stranded) after switching to the pump gas flash.

This had been called out as an issue by a handful of people in the main thread (E Chassis N55 JB4 - Page 108 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion) but Terry refused to do anything without a log. Problem is that it's impossible to take a log when you can barely even start the car.

2013 E92 335i XDrive
JB4, MHD E85 BEF, EOS PI, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, XHP Stage 3, XDelete Sport, 3.5 Bar TMAP, VRSF 7 HD IC, GFB DV+, VRSF D/P, VRSF CP, PE Mod, ST V1 Suspension.
(#6)
Old

Default 09-01-2020, 09:38 AM

Iím running the 98gob pump tune. My car runs & drives but feels like itís misfiring very bad. I was able to log a run. Did you go back to the 5_17 firmware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews013
I had a similar issue forever. I think they might be related. It occurs for me if the car has been turned off for a few minutes, but it would run fine as long as it was left for 15 minutes or so. I even replaced my jb4 board and still had the same issue.

Are you running the E85 BEF? My issue seems to have gone away (finally, this week after months of getting stranded) after switching to the pump gas flash.

This had been called out as an issue by a handful of people in the main thread (E Chassis N55 JB4 - Page 108 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion) but Terry refused to do anything without a log. Problem is that it's impossible to take a log when you can barely even start the car.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-01-2020, 09:45 AM

When Iím updating firmware and have mhd bef installed do I have to flash mhd back to stock before updating JB4? Or reinstall mhd after I update JB4? I have menu 4 set to 2 for bef mode & JB4 set to my normal map I use (map 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hey,

Just to rule out a firmware issue- have you reverted back to the old firmware / does the car behave normal?

Settings also sometimes get reverted when making a firmware change, it would be worth a user adjustment / setting check to make sure.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-01-2020, 01:46 PM

No you can update your JB4 firmware with the BEF flashed

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 11:20 AM

Ok then I guess Iíll have to update firmware 1 more time and send a screenshot of my settings?
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-09-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicknick530
Ok then I guess Iíll have to update firmware 1 more time and send a screenshot of my settings?
Letís give it a shot.

You can run the older firmware

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 09-11-2020, 08:23 PM

These are my settings with 5_17 firmware
Duty Bias all read zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Let’s give it a shot.

You can run the older firmware
Attached Images

Last edited by sicknick530; 09-11-2020 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Attachment was missing
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-12-2020, 06:50 PM

log?

Burger Motorsports