Tuner

Default 04-09-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Q50
Hey Terry, can you take a look at these 2 runs running on E30 map 4
Seems OK to me
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbowling42
Here is ff =70, map 2.

curious why the timing doesn't drop to zero like it typically does during a shift?
Not much improvement so ff = 60 is probably best for you. Timing always drops during shifts for a moment. Sometimes too quickly for logging to pick it up.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 04-09-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not much improvement so ff = 60 is probably best for you. Timing always drops during shifts for a moment. Sometimes too quickly for logging to pick it up.
Here is ff=70 on map 1. Just for kicks to see what’s better.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200408_185402_runs(1).csv (11.9 KB, 59 views)
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2020, 09:32 AM

You probably need a dragy to see what is giving the best real world performance but I'd guess map2 FF = 60.

Burger Motorsports

(#55)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-10-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Seems OK to me

Here's a run on map 5 from a dig.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200410_081819_runs(1).csv (8.7 KB, 52 views)
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Here's a run on map 5 from a dig.
What is the fuel mix here?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old
JB4

Car: Q60 Redsport
Default 04-10-2020, 12:52 PM

Terry, here are a couple of runs with across the board duty bias and FF set to 55 on a Q60rs and 93 octane. See any issues here?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200409_1640_runs(2).csv (29.9 KB, 52 views)
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajcopeland
Terry, here are a couple of runs with across the board duty bias and FF set to 55 on a Q60rs and 93 octane. See any issues here?
Looks fine to me. With the RS models we don't have the same low end fueling limitations we do on the SS models so you should be fine at FF = 60 or 65 too. See what feels the most responsive to you.

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Default 04-10-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
What is the fuel mix here?
E30
(#60)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t
Default 04-11-2020, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
I've been refreshing so many times a day trying to purchase the EWG connectors lol
Same here. I noticed the price went up from $60 to $80 too.
(#61)
Old

Default 04-11-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
E30
Same map and E30 but from 3rd gear at 40mph saw target drop from 7-0...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200411_082111_runs(1).csv (8.4 KB, 59 views)
(#62)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default Additional install instructions??? - 04-12-2020, 07:59 PM

Is this all that is available for install instructions? I looked for a video and could not find anything. And the link from BMS takes you to the Stinger install. Am I missing something?
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2020, 08:09 PM

Just what's in the first post currently, hopefully some users will share additional photos in the thread we can use to develop a VR30 specific install guide. Our car has a development harness on it so isn't very photo worthy at the moment.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-13-2020, 02:45 PM

This site is so annoying with the image upload limit. I'm trying to post from the phone and upload pics directly but it exceeds the limit.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2020, 04:42 PM

Sorry our weak server can only handle so much. Resize down below 250k or maybe use a 3rd party host?

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old
JB4

Car: Q60 Redsport
Default 04-13-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Just what's in the first post currently, hopefully some users will share additional photos in the thread we can use to develop a VR30 specific install guide. Our car has a development harness on it so isn't very photo worthy at the moment.
Terry, here are some photos from my install. The driver side is pretty easy to connect. Passenger side is a little more difficult if you have fat hands! I routed passenger-side connector around back of engine bay.
Attached Images

(#67)
Old

Car: Q50 RedSport
Default Couple of pulls - 04-14-2020, 12:19 AM

Can you check my log. Fw off. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200413_111534_runs(1). 140mph.csv (14.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: csv 20200413_112644_runs(1).csv (18.7 KB, 53 views)
(#68)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 04-15-2020, 10:30 AM

EWG connectors are back on sale, just placed my order.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#69)
Old

Car: 16 Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD
Default 04-15-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
EWG connectors are back on sale, just placed my order.
Me too!

2020 BMW M340ix Portimao Blue
K&N drop in, JB+, Intake muffler delete

2016 Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD (GONE)
K&N drop ins
Megan Racing Lowers
Megan Racing Y p!p3
BMS Heat Exchanger
JB4 W/fuel wires Map 6 custom
E20ish mix made 413whp 410wtq (17-18psi peak)
(#70)
Old

Car: infiniti
Default 04-15-2020, 03:20 PM

ordered mine as well yesterday.
any one else do a dyne with these on yet?
and how much HP is this looking to help you gain?
(#71)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issaStockQ
ordered mine as well yesterday.
any one else do a dyne with these on yet?
and how much HP is this looking to help you gain?
I plan on doing a delta dyno session. 1st pull JB4 only, 2nd pull JB4 and fuel wires enabled, 3rd pull JB4 fuel wires and EWG connectors

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#72)
Old

Car: infiniti
Default 04-15-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I plan on doing a delta dyno session. 1st pull JB4 only, 2nd pull JB4 and fuel wires enabled, 3rd pull JB4 fuel wires and EWG connectors
wow may i ask when
that IS GREAT!
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a recipe for disappointing results to me. The fuel wires and EWG wires just allow additional tuning options. The power gained by each is entirely dependent on the settings used to optimize the vehicles overall tuning.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a recipe for disappointing results to me. The fuel wires and EWG wires just allow additional tuning options. The power gained by each is entirely dependent on the settings used to optimize the vehicles overall tuning.
Won't be disappointing for me. I had some extreme lean conditions the 1st time around on the dyno. With some logs and experience I now believe I have dialed in a good Map 6 for the car, so my dyno time will be used to see the power across the band, not an attempt to see a better peak WHP number. The deltas I'll be looking for are significant difference along the curve. With the EWG connectors, I hope to see some power gains on the low end if I understand correctly. Most importantly I hope my curve is smoother than before, with better power delivery due to the 1 psi tapered steps I set up on the map

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#75)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issaStockQ
wow may i ask when
that IS GREAT!
Going to wait until the COVID quarantine is lifted, so sometime in May if the date holds

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46