N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 04-06-2020, 06:48 PM

so just curious but why dont we have a actual target PSI, without doing the addition in excel of ecu_PSI and target. i would think it would be useful considering we are looking at a PID control to try and keep boost from leading or lagging target right?
(#27)
Old
JB4

Car: Q60 Redsport
Default 04-07-2020, 07:14 AM

Hi Terry. I flashed to v8 t8 and raised duty bias and FF to 60 on my Q60 RS. The boost felt inconsistent so I backed down to 55 which was a little better, but on my car 50 seems to be the sweet spot. I'm on 93 octane. Sorry did not capture a log this time.
(#28)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajcopeland
Hi Terry. I flashed to v8 t8 and raised duty bias and FF to 60 on my Q60 RS. The boost felt inconsistent so I backed down to 55 which was a little better, but on my car 50 seems to be the sweet spot. I'm on 93 octane. Sorry did not capture a log this time.
if there were no codes displayed then i would say double check the settings and then do a pull with a log. so we can really see whats going on and get you to lol. im sure Terry will help as well, he is great.
(#29)
Old
JB4

Default 04-07-2020, 07:47 AM

Yeah I've been watching what your car is doing as a road map. I don't run any ethanol and I have my boost turned up a little higher. I might need to dial it back a little now that we have EWC. When I have an opportunity I'll catch a log soon.
(#30)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah I've been watching what your car is doing as a road map. I don't run any ethanol and I have my boost turned up a little higher. I might need to dial it back a little now that we have EWC. When I have an opportunity I'll catch a log soon.
yeah i would start with a tapered +4 map on 93 fuel, and EWG connectors will cause the boost to come in sooner so depending on how good the 93 is and what your car likes you might have to do some tweeking. but to start i would bump down the boost some and log to go from there. if its happy then we can always turn it back up

Here are the default map 1 settings:
3.0 '1500
3.5 '2000
4.0 '2500
4.0 '3000
4.0 '3500
4.0 '4000
4.0 '4500
4.0 '5000
3.5 '5500
3.0 '6000
2.5 '6500
2.0 '7000
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbowling42
Itís a E15 mix. Should be 94 octane.
OK let's see a log on map2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I use this photo a lot.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#33)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 04-07-2020, 10:25 AM

I've been refreshing so many times a day trying to purchase the EWG connectors lol

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#34)
Old

Default Map 2 log - 04-07-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
OK let's see a log on map2.
Here is a map2 log. still following targetAcc well with afr staying 12 or below. thoughts on circle? knock or still timing drop until peek boost?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200407_140627_runs(1).csv (11.1 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by jsbowling42; 04-07-2020 at 12:40 PM..
(#35)
Old
JB4

Default 04-07-2020, 01:49 PM

Terry, I had a little time over lunch to grab a few logs. Two short runs, a highway run, and one while manual shifting. Bumpy road on the short runs so had a little difficulty staying on the pedal. Hopefully enough there between four runs to give you a nice overview. This is on Map 6 with duty bias set to 50 across the board. 93 octane.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200407_1225_runs(4).csv (34.7 KB, 71 views)
(#36)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Terry, I had a little time over lunch to grab a few logs. Two short runs, a highway run, and one while manual shifting. Bumpy road on the short runs so had a little difficulty staying on the pedal. Hopefully enough there between four runs to give you a nice overview. This is on Map 6 with duty bias set to 50 across the board. 93 octane.
we will wait to see what Terry says since he is the tuner, but this circled area could be knock. again im not a professional lol just someone trying to learn and help
Attached Images

(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
we will wait to see what Terry says since he is the tuner, but this circled area could be knock. again im not a professional lol just someone trying to learn and help
Could be a minor timing correction but isn't the usual pattern of a sharp drop.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Here is a map2 log. still following targetAcc well with afr staying 12 or below. thoughts on circle? knock or still timing drop until peek boost?
Looks more like a mapped timing change since boost is also increasing at that same instance.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Looks more like a mapped timing change since boost is also increasing at that same instance.
Anything you want me to try?
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Anything you want me to try?
Don't see your latest CSV on this page. I think I said log map2 next?

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Don't see your latest CSV on this page. I think I said log map2 next?
its post #34
N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 VR30 EWG Connectors
(#42)
Old
JB4

Default 04-07-2020, 05:08 PM

Terry, do you recommend I stick with 50 as my duty bias?
(#43)
Old

Car: 16 Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD
Default 04-07-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
I've been refreshing so many times a day trying to purchase the EWG connectors lol
You and me both!

2020 BMW M340ix Portimao Blue
K&N drop in, JB+, Intake muffler delete

2016 Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD (GONE)
K&N drop ins
Megan Racing Lowers
Megan Racing Y p!p3
BMS Heat Exchanger
JB4 W/fuel wires Map 6 custom
E20ish mix made 413whp 410wtq (17-18psi peak)
(#44)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-08-2020, 04:18 AM

I must have just timed it right when I ordered. It was still about a 2 week wait but I managed to get a set sent right before we had the lock down. Best part was going WOT the first time after the install.....and had ZERO boost. Looked back through the documentation and realized what was the WMI map was now the Valet Mode map. Switched to the new WMI map and the car was immediately an animal. Now its pretty much no traction 40 or below

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#45)
Old

Default 04-08-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I must have just timed it right when I ordered. It was still about a 2 week wait but I managed to get a set sent right before we had the lock down. Best part was going WOT the first time after the install.....and had ZERO boost. Looked back through the documentation and realized what was the WMI map was now the Valet Mode map. Switched to the new WMI map and the car was immediately an animal. Now its pretty much no traction 40 or below
yeah, i just happen to refresh the page and saw they were is stock.... so i was like buy buy buy lol ddnspider what settings/setup you currently running?
(#46)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
yeah, i just happen to refresh the page and saw they were is stock.... so i was like buy buy buy lol ddnspider what settings/setup you currently running?
I think I have it set for around 55 across the board. I'm also on WMI so can run higher boost, but haven't really felt the need to mess with it.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Looks good to me overall. For kicks you can do the same run FF = 70 next for comparison.

On timing maybe a minor drop, hard to tell.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2020, 10:13 AM

Could use some more VR30 install photos for the first post so if you've installed them feel free to post photos here.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-08-2020, 11:46 AM

Hey Terry, can you take a look at these 2 runs running on E30 map 4
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200407_173844_runs(1).csv (7.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 20200407_085326_runs(1).csv (5.5 KB, 59 views)
(#50)
Old

Default 04-08-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Looks good to me overall. For kicks you can do the same run FF = 70 next for comparison.

On timing maybe a minor drop, hard to tell.
Here is ff =70, map 2.

curious why the timing doesn't drop to zero like it typically does during a shift?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200408_141541_runs(1).csv (9.1 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by jsbowling42; 04-08-2020 at 04:26 PM..