N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: X1
Default JB4--2012 E84 X1(N20B20A) - 03-12-2020, 09:00 AM

I am the X1 - N20 engine of E84. After replacing the large turbine, I hope to get a higher boost value when installing jb4. However, in map6, I can only set 25psi, and I hope to have new special firmware to make me reach the set value of 30psi.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2013 Z4 20i
Default 05-16-2020, 09:08 AM

Is your X1 20i or 28i?

JB4 has +10PSI stock ecu limit for the N20 version.

If you got a 20i, the max ecu psi is around 9 to 10. You will get max 9 to 10 +10=19 to 20 psi no matter on which map.

If you got a 28i, the max ecu is around 15 to 16. You will get max 15 to 16 +10=25 to 26 psi. Even if you set 30 PSI in map6, you still get 25-26 psi max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby88
I am the X1 - N20 engine of E84. After replacing the large turbine, I hope to get a higher boost value when installing jb4. However, in map6, I can only set 25psi, and I hope to have new special firmware to make me reach the set value of 30psi.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby88
For the X1 we'd need to rescale the system to allow up to 36psi. But are you running a flash tune? Meth system? It will take more than just JB4 to safely tune the N20 to those power levels.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-17-2020, 06:27 AM

Hello Terry,

Hope all is well.

Is it possible to overwrite the +10 PSI limit over stock ECU for Z4 E89 N20 PWG 20i?

The stock ecu is around 8 PSI. It seems possible with TMAP=1. I did a pull to 3rd gear. The ECU PSI is 8.9, actual boost is 20.2. The Ign isn't good due to the bad fuel(91oct/95ron) and hot weather though.

Is it correct to set TMAP=1 on a PWG N20 with a PWG firmware?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the X1 we'd need to rescale the system to allow up to 36psi. But are you running a flash tune? Meth system? It will take more than just JB4 to safely tune the N20 to those power levels.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv MAP6 TMAP=1 6cly=0.csv (7.1 KB, 57 views)
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2020, 08:08 AM

It's just not safe to change that safety at this time. For higher boost levels get a lower boost flash loaded. We'd write one but MHD has not released tools yet for it.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Smile 05-17-2020, 09:35 AM

Well noted. Thanks a lot for the reply.

Have a nice weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's just not safe to change that safety at this time. For higher boost levels get a lower boost flash run. We'd write one but MHD has not released tools yet for it.
(#7)
Old

Car: X1
Default 05-28-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notebookboy
Is your X1 20i or 28i?

JB4 has +10PSI stock ecu limit for the N20 version.

If you got a 20i, the max ecu psi is around 9 to 10. You will get max 9 to 10 +10=19 to 20 psi no matter on which map.

If you got a 28i, the max ecu is around 15 to 16. You will get max 15 to 16 +10=25 to 26 psi. Even if you set 30 PSI in map6, you still get 25-26 psi max.
Hello Terry,
Hope all is well.
I am 20i, but I have changed the big turbine. How can I set the pressure to 36psi? In map6, the maximum setting is 25.5psi
Also, which new version of X1 firmware of E84 can be updated?