Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
You can't online...
https://www.burgertuning.com/product...31406336376947

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 03-11-2020, 06:19 PM

Ok I have to say with my setup the EWG wiring has made a huge difference. My setup including WMI it is awesome!! Who else weigh this setup thinks the same thing?
(#54)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 03-11-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytiptoe
Ok I have to say with my setup the EWG wiring has made a huge difference. My setup including WMI it is awesome!! Who else weigh this setup thinks the same thing?
How do you set it?
My car is faster too.
(#55)
Old

Default 03-11-2020, 08:56 PM

Just got these installed, did a quick test drive and something is definitely not right...feels way under powered. Using v14 firmware set bit 3 on, duty bias 50, ff 50, pid 20, auto shift 60.

BMS Intakes, Arc Secondary *********, MBRP Exhaust, Ultimate Perf Intercooler

What would u like from me? I assume some logs, but anything special about the run, gear, speed, etc?

2019 GT2 AWD - Panthera Metal
JB4 - Fuel Wires - EWG Wires - Ultimate Performance Intercooler - BMS Intakes - ARK Secondaires - MBRP Exhaust
(#56)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-11-2020, 09:42 PM

Normal log should be fine. If you have another log to compare from previous firmware that would be great too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Car: kia stinger
Default Ewg dyno test - 03-12-2020, 06:14 AM

I connected the ewg connector and did a Dyno test. We'll reach 500 hp in a few days. Joyful challenges always make me happy.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-12 ewg test_Map-8.csv (6.8 KB, 67 views)
(#58)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdap2
I connected the ewg connector and did a Dyno test. We'll reach 500 hp in a few days. Joyful challenges always make me happy.
Nice graph. Does your car overboost during partial throttle?
(#59)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 07:28 AM

No, we don't have a load to worry about. If it's too much boost, we can change the settings.
(#60)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 07:48 AM

<font class="papago-parent"><font class="papago-source" style="display:none;">
Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
</font>
Quote:
Originally Posted by att1
</font> <font class="papago-parent"><font class="papago-source" style="display:none;">Nice graph.</font>그래프가 좋네요. </font> <font class="papago-parent"><font class="papago-source" style="display:none;">Does your car overboost during partial throttle?</font>당신의 차는 부분적인 가속 중에 과열됩니까? </font> <font class="papago-parent"><font class="papago-source" style="display:none;">
</font>
</font>

No, we don't have a load to worry about. If it's too much boost, we can change the settings.
(#61)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Normal log should be fine. If you have another log to compare from previous firmware that would be great too.
No logs yet, but when I jumped in the car this morning I got some codes but can't find anything online about what they mean:

25A1
259E

Is there anyway in the app to ensure that I have everything wired up right? I checked and double checked everything before I put it all back together but...

JB4 - Fuel Wires - EWG Wires - Ultimate Performance Intercooler - BMS Intakes - ARK Secondaires - MBRP Exhaust
(#62)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNStinger
No logs yet, but when I jumped in the car this morning I got some codes but can't find anything online about what they mean:

25A1
259E

Is there anyway in the app to ensure that I have everything wired up right? I checked and double checked everything before I put it all back together but...
I've had both of them.

Here are the codes that I encountered so far.
259E 25A1 2564 2588
None seem critical but sometimes they are related to the settings.

Did you check the DTML WMI Input bit?
What are your duty bias values? Have you filled all values?
(#63)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I've had both of them.

Here are the codes that I encountered so far.
259E 25A1 2564 2588
None seem critical but sometimes they are related to the settings.

Did you check the DTML WMI Input bit?
What are your duty bias values? Have you filled all values?
Firmware: v14
DTML WMI (Bit 3): On
Duty Bias: 50 from 1500 - 7000
PID Gain: 20
Auto Shift Boost Redux: 60
FF/Wastegate Adaption: 50

I'm currently running Map 3 with a mix of 93 and e85.

Car has been running really good, unfortunately I don't have any "real" logs other than some random logs from daily driving.

Once I got it all back together, took it out for a quick drive and it felt really sluggish, not anywhere near the power/acceleration I'm used to feeling.

No codes when I shut the car off, but this morning when I started it up the codes were there...

I'll clear the codes and then get some logs over the lunch hour.

(#64)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 12:30 PM

Here are some logs, hopefully they have what you need.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-12 13_57_17_Map-3.csv (9.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-12 14_06_56_Map-3.csv (11.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-12 14_09_40_Map-3.csv (12.0 KB, 58 views)

(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:

25A1
259E

Usually people mix up one of the wires or plug them in the wrong spot. You can post some photos if you want us to double check the work. The JB4 settings seem fine to me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdap2
Yes there is a lot of potential here, we'll need to see exactly where the factory turbos stop adding power for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 01:40 PM

I'll take it apart tonight and let you know what I find. Does it matter which plug goes to which side (i.e. - driver/passenger) or can either plug go to either side?

(#68)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
How do you set it?
My car is faster too.
As it is Beta, I am just following Terry's suggestions and as far as setup I am talking about my bolt ons; Intake, WMI, Fuel-it, JB4.
(#69)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Here are some logs, hopefully they have what you need.
You have boost pre trottle but very low boost past the throttle (boost2). I am not sure why. It did something like that when I didn't have the DTML WMI Input bit set to 1. If all the settings are correct there may be something wrong with the install.

What does the FF/Wastegate adaptation 50 do?
(#70)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Luxe
Default 03-12-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
First order of business is those cars with modified exhaust that over boost, and of course large turbo cars who need more WGDC.
I'm going to be installing a full exhaust and Z1 catted *****. Will the EWG update control over boost issues?

Djavier

2017 Q60 AWD Luxe
JB4 w fuel wires
AMS Intakes
BMS HX
BMS Pedal Tuner
HKS BOVs
Megan Downs
(#71)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 06:26 PM

Ok, took things apart and turns out I had swapped the purple pins...doh! Put it back together and I'm back in business...here are a couple logs. I did notice that it must have gone into safety mode cause the last log was map 0 which I didn't change.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-12 19_50_39_Map-3.csv (8.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-12 19_55_05_Map-3.csv (13.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-12 19_59_00_Map-0.csv (11.4 KB, 63 views)

(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2020, 07:33 PM

Fuel pressure is tanking! What's the fuel mix?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Ok, took things apart and turns out I had swapped the purple pins...doh! Put it back together and I'm back in business...here are a couple logs. I did notice that it must have gone into safety mode cause the last log was map 0 which I didn't change.
Glad to know that you found the problem
(#74)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fuel pressure is tanking! What's the fuel mix?
It's 93 octane with about 4 gal of e85.

(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
It's 93 octane with about 4 gal of e85.
Strange that it's dropping with so little E85. First thing I'd try doing is leaning it out more using the custom fuel bias settings at 130 across the board.

Burger Motorsports