N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: E90 335i n55
Default 04-29-2020, 11:34 AM

Your advice is to stick with map2 and map5?, with a little ethanol for better timings?

2011 e90 n55, vrsf down pipe,cp,fmic jb4,AT xhp stage3
(#27)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 04-30-2020, 07:17 AM

I’d add ethanol regardless of map to help smooth out timing & to give yourself a bit of wiggle room

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Default 04-30-2020, 10:13 AM

Thanks Dave, I'll try ethanol and put a log here. And what should I do with Map6, drive it, change it, or switch to Map2 or Map5?

(#29)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-01-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choyo_n55
Thanks Dave, I'll try ethanol and put a log here. And what should I do with Map6, drive it, change it, or switch to Map2 or Map5?
Id add a little more e85, and lower your boost target a bit past 5k if you plan on continuing to use map 6

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Default 05-01-2020, 07:54 AM

thanks Dave, I wish you all the best!

(#31)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-01-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
thanks Dave, I wish you all the best!
No worries or need to thank me

Enjoy the weekend & stay safe

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 06-25-2020, 03:18 AM

Hi guys, I hope you are healthy. these days I made BEF via MHD, I chose pump bef. I made several logs on 2 and 5 maps .... my car seems slower than before, the timings look pretty bad, the strange thing is that always at the first log the timings of 2 of the cylinders fall to 0 on the same rpm, then they are better,, the fuel is 100 ron, the car is fbo ... xhp stage 3....advice?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200625_1241.csv (7.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: csv беф мап 2.csv (9.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv 200625_1232.csv (7.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv 200625_1228.csv (7.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: csv 200625_1223.csv (6.4 KB, 31 views)

(#33)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-25-2020, 12:44 PM

After a map change, the car needs to adapt a bit, so if you’re jumping back n forth between maps & immediately logging- that could be an issue.

I don’t see anything crazy in the logs, what are the goals now for the car?

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Default 06-25-2020, 09:56 PM

I drive the car on map 2 about a week before I logged in with the logs, before I log on map 5 I also did 4 runs to adapt .... I just saw much better timings, so I decidrd to ask., if you don't see a problem then everything is OK. I'm thinking of switching to turbo stage 1 in a month.

(#35)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-26-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I drive the car on map 2 about a week before I logged in with the logs, before I log on map 5 I also did 4 runs to adapt .... I just saw much better timings, so I decidrd to ask., if you don't see a problem then everything is OK. I'm thinking of switching to turbo stage 1 in a month.
Go Stage 2

Heat as well can zap timing. Its getting pretty hot now

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Default 06-27-2020, 02:47 AM

Dave, in a perfect world stage 2 would be wonderful but in the real world, I think I will only succeed with stage 1. After all, the car is family and I want to stick to the original idea. For timings, maybe you're right and it's hot in here. Be healthy.

(#37)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-28-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Dave, in a perfect world stage 2 would be wonderful but in the real world, I think I will only succeed with stage 1. After all, the car is family and I want to stick to the original idea. For timings, maybe you're right and it's hot in here. Be healthy.
Most guys I speak with that are in the same situation as you, those that go Stage 1, after 3-4 weeks all have said, I should have gone Stage 2. Not some, all.

Dont need to Max the turbo out, in fact I never Rec that. Just think about it

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 06-28-2020, 01:29 PM

Dave, whatever we talk about, it's always a matter of money )) yes you're 100% right, for stage 2, but it's just far from my budget, I wish you all the best, and when I put stage 1, of course I'll ask again here

(#39)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-30-2020, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Dave, whatever we talk about, it's always a matter of money )) yes you're 100% right, for stage 2, but it's just far from my budget, I wish you all the best, and when I put stage 1, of course I'll ask again here

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 08-18-2020, 01:52 AM

Hello, I set up menu 11-2000, and the car starts to run at high levels on boost, I have 2 logs .... of course, exactly when I didn't log in, I received codes 2c56 and 2c58, after that I got menu 11-1500 and it doesn't happen anymore, can these settings lead to overboost?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200817_1224.csv (6.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 200817_1217.csv (6.9 KB, 15 views)

(#41)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-18-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Hello, I set up menu 11-2000, and the car starts to run at high levels on boost, I have 2 logs .... of course, exactly when I didn't log in, I received codes 2c56 and 2c58, after that I got menu 11-1500 and it doesn't happen anymore, can these settings lead to overboost?
Much like a map change, it may take a few adaption pulls for the car to like the menu changes.

Is it still doing it?

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 08-18-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Much like a map change, it may take a few adaption pulls for the car to like the menu changes.

Is it still doing it?
I've been driving for 2 months on map 5, otherwise I changed menu 11 1-2 days ago ... since I returned menu 11 to 1500 I haven't had a problem, the solenoid may be wrong but, the only change is menu 11 ... for that I asked if it could cause overboost, and I have never seen such boost levels in my logs ... oh, it's quite warm here 35 degrees Celsius

Last edited by Choyo_n55; 08-18-2020 at 09:53 PM..
(#43)
Old

Car: 2011 Bmw 535 xdrive
Default 08-19-2020, 09:23 PM

Okey this my be the wrong post to reply on but i need some help im new to this i bought a fbo 2011 535 with the jb4 on it car ran fine and all of a sudden its acing ip low boost then over boost and bunch of random crap and i keep geting lil to no help from burger anyways so after they sent me new settings everything went to **** im running rich and whole lota other things im currently on map 0 as soon as i get to map 2 its hell it wont even let me ipdate the tune
(#44)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-20-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10Sam
Okey this my be the wrong post to reply on but i need some help im new to this i bought a fbo 2011 535 with the jb4 on it car ran fine and all of a sudden its acing ip low boost then over boost and bunch of random crap and i keep geting lil to no help from burger anyways so after they sent me new settings everything went to **** im running rich and whole lota other things im currently on map 0 as soon as i get to map 2 its hell it wont even let me ipdate the tune
Hey Sam,

Make your own thread, and provide any pertinent info.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Default 08-20-2020, 10:02 AM

Dave, a with my problem, can menu 11 cause this ...

(#46)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-21-2020, 05:41 AM

Generally speaking, it can. Do I see it often, not really

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 08-21-2020, 06:56 AM

and I, I saw it only once and no more, but I really like the levels of boost, obviously I will try again and if it happens again, I will know that it is from this, if not I will enjoy the boost.Thanks,enjoy the weekend

(#48)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-22-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
and I, I saw it only once and no more, but I really like the levels of boost, obviously I will try again and if it happens again, I will know that it is from this, if not I will enjoy the boost.Thanks,enjoy the weekend
Keep me posted my inbox is always open for you guys

Burger Motorsports