Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Is this a Stinger or Hyundai?
Stinger 3.3
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2020, 01:28 PM

Looks like you have fewer timing corrections under meth flow at 20psi than you do without at 14psi.

If you're trying to tune for no timing corrections you'll be leaving power on the table but just lower the WMI additive as needed.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Car: kia stringer
Default 10-16-2020, 08:25 PM

Going into first winter with Meth.

Anything I should be aware of any additional risks?

I assume you lose much of the IAT benefit but retain knock reduction due to added octane?

Meth is more than just an IAT reducer right? It is added fuel for added boost?

Thanks
(#154)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2020, 12:51 PM

Run at least a 50/50 mix to avoid freezing other than that works basically the same. Turbos still generate plenty of heat in the winter.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 10-19-2020, 08:27 AM

I have a WMI question, On multiple 1/4 mile runs testing map 7 @ 75 additive 50/50 mix (just boost Juice for now) The car consistently trapped 109 MPH speeds over and over again on multiple test days at the track at various temps ranging from 88 to 53 outside. That's nice from a consistency stand point but, what's stumping me is running map 3 when the car is cooled off will trap 110 mph + on the same day with the 91 + E85 E30 mix.

What gives ? I really like the cooling WMI provides I can see the IAT drops in the logs but why is it coming up short on power compared to non meth maps ?
Im sure I ironed out WMI flow issues/ bubbles in the line etc.
Do I have to go onto higher mixes of Meth to water ?
Dial down additive or set meth trigger 1 and use on map 3 for example ?
Attached Files
File Type: xls P21_M7_R2_201016_0758.xls (40.9 KB, 4 views)
(#156)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt
Default 10-19-2020, 09:05 AM

I also am seeing similar things, what are the mods you are currently running, highest I've trapped is 112?
(#157)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
I have a WMI question
Can't do anything with this log. Need the original JB4 CSV to open in the JB4 software.

Burger Motorsports

(#158)
Old

Default 10-19-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardyl36
I also am seeing similar things, what are the mods you are currently running, highest I've trapped is 112?
Just the brake snip, JB4 With WMI- fuel wires & AEM panel filters.
The car can trap solid 112s on map 3 on a nice cold day on the draggy and on WMI map 7 in the same conditions after that run its 109.XX everytime.

CSV files fixed attached wrong files before.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R4_201019_1223.csv (55.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv P21_M7_R2_201016_0758.csv (40.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by bbrillon998; 10-19-2020 at 04:46 PM..
(#159)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
Just the brake snip, JB4 With WMI- fuel wires & AEM panel filters.
The car can trap solid 112s on map 3 on a nice cold day on the draggy and on WMI map 7 in the same conditions after that run its 109.XX everytime.

CSV files fixed attached wrong files before.
Looks like high elevation? That explains why traps speeds are down overall from what we'd expect.

What fluid are you injecting? Trims are not dropping under WMI flow as I'd expect. Since timing is solid on map3 already, and IAT looks good, there would be minimal benefit for WMI for you in this situation.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#160)
Old

Default 10-20-2020, 08:14 AM

Mine are all high altitude 5,800 ft above sea level and about 7,700 DA. WMI fluid is just straight boost juice.

" Trims are not dropping under WMI flow as I'd expect". Since timing is solid on map3 already, and IAT looks good, there would be minimal benefit for WMI for you in this situation".
Would the trims indicate another problem is present ?
The WMI is of more benefit to me during the summer months when sitting in line at the track heat soaks the car, or during stupid hot days and a little more consistency is needed. Im just surprised that no mater if it was hot or cold outside, heat soaked or first run: testing wmi map 7 always produced a 109.xx trap speeds.

For Fall / winter ill stick to map 3 for higher for power with high oct fuels.
(#161)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default Two WMI questions - 10-21-2020, 05:08 PM

1. Does anybody know of a safe dye or color you can add to your meth mix so you can see it flow through your tube?
2. I had to disassemble a NEW nozzle and carrier to clean out some machining flakes. I noticed if I screw the nozzle all the way down into the carrier it restricts the flow considerably compared to backing if off a 1/2 turn or so. Is there a set distance that they come with backed off? (I didn't notice when I unscrewed it)