N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: Accord Sport 2.0t 10AT
Default 03-29-2020, 06:16 AM

I don't usually launch this car but if I do it kicks out maps 2 and 3 and god to map 0. I don't believe it will do it in map 1. Any suggestions? Im starting to get frustrated with this and dont like the inconsistency I'm getting.
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2020, 03:37 PM

Would need to see a log of it for tuning advice.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Default 03-29-2020, 04:00 PM

This should be some of them.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-16 17_15_50_Map-3.csv (6.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-02 18_03_15_Map-3.csv (6.4 KB, 49 views)
(#54)
Old

Default 03-30-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would need to see a log of it for tuning advice.
Posted logs. Still awaiting a response
(#55)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-31-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Villa
Posted logs. Still awaiting a response
You're hitting boost safety. Raise it to 26 psi and get another log.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Default 03-31-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You're hitting boost safety. Raise it to 26 psi and get another log.
It keeps going to map0 still raise it to 26psi?
(#57)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-31-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
It keeps going to map0 still raise it to 26psi?
Do you have the log?

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Default 03-31-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Do you have the log?
I thought one of those 2 were them bc the following log was map0. Ill post 3 more hope fully it's one of these it happens a lot. Im not sure what to look for in the log. Thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-02 18_03_15_Map-3(1).csv (6.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-16 17_15_50_Map-3(1).csv (6.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-16 17_14_19_Map-3.csv (7.5 KB, 49 views)
(#59)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-31-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I thought one of those 2 were them bc the following log was map0. Ill post 3 more hope fully it's one of these it happens a lot. Im not sure what to look for in the log. Thanks for the help!
I saw those logs, and replied.

Please raise boost safety to 26 psi and get another log.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Default 03-31-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I saw those logs, and replied.

Please raise boost safety to 26 psi and get another log.
Sorry I misread your first post... will do have to run down my tank of regular before I test again. I'll report back as soon as I put 93 back in. PS I only run 93 when tuned, running stock atm.
(#61)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-01-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Sorry I misread your first post... will do have to run down my tank of regular before I test again. I'll report back as soon as I put 93 back in. PS I only run 93 when tuned, running stock atm.
You got it, no worries!

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 05:04 PM

Finally got those logs for you
For some reason logs being combined?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200407_1935_runs(4).csv (24.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: csv 20200407_1935_runs(5).csv (32.0 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by Dan Villa; 04-07-2020 at 05:14 PM..
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2020, 10:24 AM

Knock count is moving up so map3 is probably too much for the octane. I'd roll down to map2.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 04-08-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Knock count is moving up so map3 is probably too much for the octane. I'd roll down to map2.
Thanks I appreciate it running 93 too, although ando told me I could move to map4 on e30? Makes me worried that I have 2 totally different responses on the same logs. Im not looking to blow this thing up...Unfortunately I guess map 2 it is.

As far as knock count goes thats ign1 or 2? What should I be monitoring? I prefer to be educated on how this all works.
(#65)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-09-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate it running 93 too, although ando told me I could move to map4 on e30? Makes me worried that I have 2 totally different responses on the same logs. Im not looking to blow this thing up...Unfortunately I guess map 2 it is.

As far as knock count goes thats ign1 or 2? What should I be monitoring? I prefer to be educated on how this all works.
E30 and 93 are different octane levels. So with the higher octane on e30, you should be safe to use a higher map.

Ign 1, you can see 2-3 counts in that one pull.

Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Default 04-09-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
E30 and 93 are different octane levels. So with the higher octane on e30, you should be safe to use a higher map.

Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
understood. Should I try e30 on map3 or map4 and then log?
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:

The Honda stuff is a little different than other models. Ign2 is history knock sensor activity and ranges from 0.49 = no knock up to 1.0 = getting noisy.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 04-09-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The Honda stuff is a little different than other models. Ign2 is history knock sensor activity and ranges from 0.49 = no knock up to 1.0 = getting noisy.
So Terry what would you advise on using e30? I'd like to get the most out of it but still remaining pretty safe. Or should I just stay away and be happy with map2?
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2020, 02:53 PM

Log map2 and map3 on E30.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-10-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Ah, just read the post now. So it's an average knock, between all cylinders.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Ah, just read the post now. So it's an average knock, between all cylinders.
Basically yes it's an average historic knock count. Sort of like avg_ign we setup in the BMW firmware. We also have it mapped out to avg_ign in Honda firmware in an easier to read 0-100% format.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 06:32 PM

Got the logs of Map 2 and 3 running e30...might I say, what a difference!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200422_2107_runs(1).csv (9.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv 20200422_2110_runs(1).csv (8.3 KB, 51 views)
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2020, 08:16 PM

Looks much better!

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 08:42 PM

Glad to hear thanks for reviewing it! If you can, please check this one on map4. Fingers crossed...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200422_2114_runs(1).csv (9.1 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Dan Villa; 04-22-2020 at 09:28 PM..
(#75)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 07:06 PM

^The suspense is killing me...