N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old

Car: 2020 Honda Accord 2.0t
Default 05-27-2020, 05:01 AM

Terry can you please review this log from map 3. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200324_1206_runs(1).csv (1.7 KB, 59 views)
(#602)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 08:02 AM

Nothing stored in this one

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#603)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 10:39 AM

please review this log thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv map3 5-25.csv (4.9 KB, 59 views)
(#604)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 11:04 AM

Really short run but don't see any obvious issues.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#605)
Old

Car: Honda 2.0T Sport
Default 05-30-2020, 04:11 PM

Terry any news on what version 6 of the new firmware brings?
(#606)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2020, 04:41 PM

Whatever we listed in notes. Main change to to add support for v3.7 JB4 mobile.

Burger Motorsports

(#607)
Old

Default 06-05-2020, 06:18 AM

Terry i am looking to build a custom tune on map 6 for my 2.0 accord. who can help me with that? Thanks again!
(#608)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2020, 02:01 PM

We haven't seen a lot of benefit, I'd run one of our preset maps based on the octane/fuel quality being used.

Burger Motorsports

(#609)
Old

Default 06-07-2020, 03:02 PM

Do you guys update the maps from time to time??
(#610)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2020, 04:20 PM

We do although the current lineup has been pretty solid

Burger Motorsports

(#611)
Old

Car: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe
Default 06-13-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We do although the current lineup has been pretty solid
Hi, Terry. What's the latest firmware for FK8? Mine is 92/1//5 , is that current?
(#612)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 01:02 PM

The latest TypeR firmware is v2, but the only change from v1 was adding full support for JB4 mobile v3.7 adapters.

Burger Motorsports

(#613)
Old

Car: Honda accord 1.5t 2018.
Default tried to use invalid map - 06-26-2020, 06:18 AM

HI.I HAVE A HONDA ACCORD1.5T WITH INTAKE,DP,BLOW OFF VALVE AND UPGRADE INTER COOLER. GENERALY I HAVE THE APPLICATION STAND BY RUNNING ON STOCK WHEN I WANT USE MAP 1 OR 2.I HAVE NOTICE THAT THE APPLICATION SHOWS THE MESSAGE TRIED TO USE INVALID MAP AN DISPLAY IN A GAUGE THAT IS SUPPOSE TO DISPLAY THE MAP THAT I AM USING DISPLAY CRAZY NUMBER LIKE 189 .THIA HAPPENED SEVERAL TIME WHEN I DECIDE TO CHECK THE USER ADJUSMENT THE SYSTEM CHANGE MY BOOST FAILSAFE PSI FROM 24 TO 22 AND MY FUEL OPEN LOOP FROM 45 TO 0 . OCCASIONING THAT THAT THE SYSTEM TRIGGED AFR LEAN .IWOULD LIKE THAT SOME TUNER SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I THINK THAT MAYBE IS THE INTERNET LOST CONNECTION THAT COULD DO THAT THIS HAPPENED,BUT IM NOT SURE.
(#614)
Old

Car: 2013 335is
Default 08-01-2020, 03:28 PM

I'm installing the JB4 on a 2020 Type R right now.

What do I do with this black wire?
Is my JB4 Connect Kit supposed to have a blue wire coming out of it like in the JB4 Mobile how-to video?
Attached Images

2013 335is N54 / 6MT / JB4 G5 ISO "E85" BEF map 5 / Fuel: E40 / Phoenix Racing charge pipe / Diff lockdown / 70K miles

I'm addicted to meth but E85 gets me by...
(#615)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2020, 06:37 PM

Black wire is for future use. No blue wire on new systems.

Burger Motorsports

(#616)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 08-16-2020, 12:11 PM

Guys

Just saw the inter cooler for the civic, has anyone tried to test fit it on a crv yet?
(#617)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2020, 12:43 PM

We've only tested it on Civics so far. Not sure on CRV, does it use same part number factory as the Civic?

Burger Motorsports

(#618)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 08-16-2020, 04:41 PM

nope :-( the Crv intercooler is a bit wider the bolt threads don't line up on the drivers side, just checked with a guy who put a custom inter cooler in a crv.
(#619)
Old

Car: Civic 1.5T
Default Civic 1.5T - 08-25-2020, 12:10 AM

Dear Terry, can you check my log. i cant feel anything new
thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-08-22 06_10_23.csv (8.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2020-08-22 06_11_10.csv (6.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv 2020-08-22 06_11_17.csv (4.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2020-08-22 06_11_44.csv (4.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv 2020-08-22 06_20_55.csv (5.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 2020-08-22 06_21_17.csv (7.4 KB, 16 views)
(#620)
Old

Car: 2020 Civic Si
Default Limp mode or boost safety mode? - 09-17-2020, 08:18 AM

Hey guys quick question. So today I did a WOT pull in 3rd gear overtaking a car on the road but as soon as I hit the top of third gear and the made the audible shift noise I failed to hear it as I wasn't fully awake and the car bounced off the limiter once before shifting into third followed immediately by a flashing check engine light and what I felt was like a Limp mode with severely limited engine power and rpms... No booms bangs smoke anything just heavily reduced engine and rpm power with a flashing Check engine light. I immediately coasted off the road turned off the car and then restarted it after 5 seconds or so and it started right up no codes no issues and was back to normal! Is this the boost safety mode doing its thing??? Looking for any help or feedback but the car is perfect and all readings are fine!

Car is 2020 SI short ram intake and the JB4 map3 on 93 octane nothing else.

Last edited by Shane060; 09-17-2020 at 08:33 AM..
(#621)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosjustine
Dear Terry, can you check my log. i cant feel anything new
thanks!
Didn't see your post but if you still need help just email in to support@burgertuning.com with the logs and details.

Burger Motorsports

(#622)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane060
Hey guys quick question. So today I did a WOT pull in 3rd gear overtaking a car on the road but as soon as I hit the top of third gear and the made the audible shift noise I failed to hear it as I wasn't fully awake and the car bounced off the limiter once before shifting into third followed immediately by a flashing check engine light and what I felt was like a Limp mode with severely limited engine power and rpms... No booms bangs smoke anything just heavily reduced engine and rpm power with a flashing Check engine light. I immediately coasted off the road turned off the car and then restarted it after 5 seconds or so and it started right up no codes no issues and was back to normal! Is this the boost safety mode doing its thing??? Looking for any help or feedback but the car is perfect and all readings are fine!

Car is 2020 SI short ram intake and the JB4 map3 on 93 octane nothing else.
Sounds like a misfire fault, should be a code stored though so you know what cylinder, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#623)
Old

Car: 2020 Civic Si
Default engine light flashing after 3rd gear WOT limiter bounce - 09-17-2020, 02:18 PM

would this be picked up by the JB4 and mobile app? I tried scanning and it says no codes so not sure if I need a different tool to scan deeper. as soon as the car was on the side of the road I turned it off and it started back up perfectly! also while doing the WOT 3rd gear pull and missing the shift into 4th I didn't hear and misfire sounds pops or bangs?? maybe ill do a log on the way home tonight and do another pull... hopefully not the same issue again but if so it will be logged and I can submit it for review. Anyone else ever have this issue as I really thought it was some time of safety feature within the JB4 like over boost protection or something.
(#624)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2020, 04:01 PM

Codes should be stored if triggered, unless the ECU cleared them for some reason.

The JB4 safety systems would switch the JB4 to map0 but not flash the SES, flashing SES is usually misfire. If it comes back could be as simple as faulty plug or coil, plug gap too large, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#625)
Old

Car: Accord Sport 2.0t 10AT
Default 10-09-2020, 12:34 PM

Can you please review my 2 logs.
I seem to be getting some inconsistent boost on my Accord 2.0t with catted ********, here are two logs in map5 on e30 one is the lower boost around 21psi log the other is the higher boost around 25psi huge difference in feel. Not sue of the cause
Attached Files
File Type: csv P90_M5_R1_201009_121749.csv (6.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv P90_M5_R1_201009_121630.csv (9.0 KB, 6 views)