N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#751)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2020, 09:07 AM

Feed Forward. It's a component of the PID boost control system used in conjunction with duty bias for the "fixed" or predicted component of the PID output to the wastegates.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#752)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2020, 12:53 PM

Working on v9 firmware with change to the map numbering. We're going to eliminate map3 the 25psi fixed boost target, move map2 the aggressive additive map up to map3, and then add a revised map2 that better splits the gap between the general use map1 and more aggressive map2 currently in the firmware.

Also making some adjustments to the FF settings. Generally speaking we've found better performance with lower FF values allowing boost to slightly under target. So in v9 we've adjusted the defaults so that FF = 50 behaves like FF = 40 was behaving previously. As such you'll want to increase your FF back up to 40 on those maps that you lowered it on.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#753)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2020, 02:41 PM

Let's see those v9 logs!

Burger Motorsports

(#754)
Old

Car: M5 F90
Default 3 LOG FIRMWARE V9 - 08-02-2020, 08:12 AM

3 RUN 1/4 MILES

SETUP : DP / Air Intake / 96 Oct
MAP 3: VP 109.

Just added some MAP0 and MAP1

I think i got some timming problem ... and high iat.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M2_R1_MTHX_200731_201516 1-4 MILES MAP 2.csv (12.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv P24_M2_R1_MTHX_200731_204240 1-4 MILES MAP2.csv (12.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv P24_M3_R1_MTHX_200731_204941 1-4MILES - MAP3.csv (11.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv P24_M0_R1_200802_220246.csv (5.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv P24_M1_R1_200802_173214.csv (3.9 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by MTHX; 08-11-2020 at 02:36 PM..
(#755)
Old

Default 08-09-2020, 02:23 PM

I have a question. Until which map on v9 is safe to go without DP? And the people using DP and JB4, are they mostly using catted DP because of the no flash?
(#756)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquinom13
I have a question. Until which map on v9 is safe to go without DP? And the people using DP and JB4, are they mostly using catted DP because of the no flash?
I'm not a fan of DP for the platform and wouldn't suggest it. THe map has more to do with the octane level being used. 91, 93, 91+E85 mix, 93+E85 mix, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#757)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHX
3 RUN 1/4 MILES
Helped you out via email I believe!

Burger Motorsports

(#758)
Old

Default 08-11-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Helped you out via email I believe!
Hi Terry

i did not receive any email yet.

FYI .. i posted some new log on the support forum. F90M5 - LOG REVIEW - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Probably i didn't use the good thread to post this information...
(#759)
Old

Default 08-15-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm not a fan of DP for the platform and wouldn't suggest it. THe map has more to do with the octane level being used. 91, 93, 91+E85 mix, 93+E85 mix, etc.
Thanks for the answer. Which map do you recommend for MS109 fuel, Map3? I only have BMC filters on my 2019 F90 no comp.
(#760)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2020, 04:13 PM

I'd start with map3 and log it. From there probably will be OK on map4. But map3 may out perform it.

Burger Motorsports

(#761)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2020, 08:30 AM

How's v10 BETA going for everyone? Any more of those annoying 120719 faults coming up or is that finally resolved?

Burger Motorsports

(#762)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 08-19-2020, 05:50 PM

I currently have BMW F90 M5 ECU Tuning - STAGE 1 (+84HP / 120TRQ),
best 1/4 10.43
0-60 2.75
60-130 7.08
Temp 80F DA 3500
Gas 93 15 Gallons e85 5 Gallons

Mods Remus catback, secondary *******, charcoal delete and Kn&n drop in.

Now my question is will JB4 help me further combined with the tune or even by itself. I don’t know what pSI I’m set to. I have used JB4 on n54 back in the day with auto tune map 5 and loved it.

Last edited by Gtatx; 08-19-2020 at 05:59 PM..
(#763)
Old

Car: 2020 bmw m5comp
Default 08-22-2020, 07:32 AM

I did get the 120719 fault from standing launch (not launch control)
runnig map 2 with ewg connected. only get it on map 2
2020 m5 comp
no other mods
93oct
(#764)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by map3215.9
I did get the 120719 fault from standing launch (not launch control)
runnig map 2 with ewg connected. only get it on map 2
2020 m5 comp
no other mods
93oct
Interesting have a log of when it came up?

Burger Motorsports

(#765)
Old

Default 08-22-2020, 08:25 AM

no log ran map one for about 1 week no problems with out ewg.
connected ewg did some pulls with map 2 no issue until launch from stop.
current firm ware is v9
what do you suggest now?

Last edited by map3215.9; 08-22-2020 at 08:32 AM..
(#766)
Old

Default 08-22-2020, 12:06 PM

just tried v10 firmware
problem is gone
pm me is you need log
Only problem now is every time I turn the car off then on it keeps going back to map0

Last edited by map3215.9; 08-22-2020 at 03:37 PM..
(#767)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by map3215.9
just tried v10 firmware
problem is gone
pm me is you need log
Only problem now is every time I turn the car off then on it keeps going back to map0
Is it going to map0 or just app showing map0 when you reconnect? Do a log next time without changing map.

Burger Motorsports

(#768)
Old

Default 08-29-2020, 06:18 AM

I believe the problem is gone
Can you look at the attached log to see if all is ok thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M2_R2_200829_0901.csv (13.0 KB, 46 views)
(#769)
Old

Default My log F90 no comp - 09-07-2020, 05:38 AM

@terry Can you check on this log v9? I also attached the drag of this log. I let off at the end. Thanks!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P24-M1-R1-200905-094125.csv (9.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Aquinom13; 09-07-2020 at 07:49 AM..
(#770)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2020, 03:09 PM

Looks fine to me. I'd change duty bias to 50 across the board and give map2 a whirl. May also want to update to v10 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#771)
Old

Car: 2020 M5 competition
Default JB4 issue with bluetooth - 09-12-2020, 09:20 PM

recently got a new 2020 m5 comp. did the jb4 and cannot get the bluetooth hooked up to my phone to change maps and data log. I get a error for kit not owned. anyone had this issue and what you did to solve this issue. New to this platform. I am also running *********. what map should it be on for this. Is the map change still used with the BC on the dash to switch. I do not have the EWG sensors plugged in as well. run 93 primarily.

Last edited by BigChiefM5comp; 09-12-2020 at 09:26 PM..
(#772)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefM5comp
recently got a new 2020 m5 comp. did the jb4 and cannot get the bluetooth hooked up to my phone to change maps and data log. I get a error for kit not owned. anyone had this issue and what you did to solve this issue. New to this platform. I am also running *********. what map should it be on for this. Is the map change still used with the BC on the dash to switch. I do not have the EWG sensors plugged in as well. run 93 primarily.
Is it a new or used system? If used it needs to be unlocked by following message in screen.

Start with map2. The BC map should be active but another customer mentioned he had an issue with it. So we may have broken it at some point in the recent development.

Burger Motorsports

(#773)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2020, 08:54 AM

Just posted v11 firmware in the alpha channel and could use a few logs. Main change is to maps 1-3, rescaling how the additive is factored in. I'm hoping people find it smoother/better. But logs and feedback are appreciated!

Burger Motorsports

(#774)
Old

Default new log - 09-13-2020, 03:03 PM

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/attac...3&d=1598707036
(#775)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2020, 09:56 AM

Don't see a log there.

Burger Motorsports