N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#876)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-17-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCupra
Hi George,

Just wondering if you got my email response back to your request for more 3rd gear and a little 4th gear logging - timmixture@btinternet.com

Only reason I ask is my response to you seems to have changed your email ID to George \@ BMS which seems weird.

Many thanks
Tim
Responded


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#877)
Old
julian2292 julian2292 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 17
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: bmw 1m
Default 09-22-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Responded
Hi George,

When Alpha 8_8.hex firmware will be complete ?
I am still using 8_5_1 since last year and I want to upgrade to a complete finish firmware
Reply With Quote
(#878)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-23-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian2292
Hi George,

When Alpha 8_8.hex firmware will be complete ?
I am still using 8_5_1 since last year and I want to upgrade to a complete finish firmware
You can load it. Its ready to use and will be the new Stable. All shipped unit have that already now for the past two months.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#879)
Old
thewanted thewanted is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: BMW F21 125i
Default 09-23-2020, 08:29 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone have this JB4 running on an OPF-equipped Macan 2.0T (245PS)?

Just wondering how it's been performing for you if you have.
Reply With Quote
(#880)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-23-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewanted
Hi all,

Does anyone have this JB4 running on an OPF-equipped Macan 2.0T (245PS)?

Just wondering how it's been performing for you if you have.
I am not sure about OPF Macan but we have a lot of A4's with OPF and there is no compatibility issue so the same will apply for the Macan which has the identical motor.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#881)
Old
thewanted thewanted is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: BMW F21 125i
Default 09-23-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
I am not sure about OPF Macan but we have a lot of A4's with OPF and there is no compatibility issue so the same will apply for the Macan which has the identical motor.
Thank you George

This page says that the "Future Use D Value" needs to be set to 1 before the JB4 is installed. Is that still the case?
Reply With Quote
(#882)
Old
eric81 eric81 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2020
Car: Golf 7 PP opf
Smile 09-23-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
They get shipments often so it would be hard to know which one is yours but generally get large volumes of the Gen3 units.
The shipping went quickly now. Arrived at the JB4 shop in Germany today and immediately sent to me with DHL. She is there on Thursday or Friday. I'm really excited. Now I just wait for Fuel Wire + Plug D and the installation can start
Reply With Quote
(#883)
Old
TimCupra TimCupra is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2020
Car: MY20 Cupra 290 GPF
Default 09-25-2020, 01:10 AM

Hello George,

I have responded with my latest logs for 'additive mode' (low boost values).

Many thanks
Tim
Reply With Quote
(#884)
Old
blackgti blackgti is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: M235I
Default 09-25-2020, 05:24 AM

Is it possible to to install one of the IS38 hybrid kits out there (Littco, EQT, etc) with just a JB4 or is a flash tune necessary? I’m not looking for a big power increase over the stock turbo, just a bit of a bump.
Reply With Quote
(#885)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-25-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCupra
Hello George,

I have responded with my latest logs for 'additive mode' (low boost values).

Many thanks
Tim
Responded.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#886)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-25-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgti
Is it possible to to install one of the IS38 hybrid kits out there (Littco, EQT, etc) with just a JB4 or is a flash tune necessary? Iím not looking for a big power increase over the stock turbo, just a bit of a bump.
A flash tune is needed. Fueling gets maxed out with a normal IS38.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#887)
Old
eric81 eric81 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2020
Car: Golf 7 PP opf
Default 09-28-2020, 09:06 AM

Hi George

JB4 with Bluetooth 3.7 arrived today. Does the Bluetooth adapter no longer need power?
https://ibb.co/P9FwPvT
Reply With Quote
(#888)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-28-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81
Hi George

JB4 with Bluetooth 3.7 arrived today. Does the Bluetooth adapter no longer need power?
https://ibb.co/P9FwPvT
The new versions have a integrated power wire so no extra steps needed.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#889)
Old
thewanted thewanted is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: BMW F21 125i
Default 10-06-2020, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
I am not sure about OPF Macan but we have a lot of A4's with OPF and there is no compatibility issue so the same will apply for the Macan which has the identical motor.
Hey George,

Is there a forum thread somewhere (I assume it's not on this forum) where I can read about other EA888 Gen3 245PS users' experiences with the JB4? I couldn't really find one one specifically for the 245PS (OPF) engine on audiworld.com.
Reply With Quote
(#890)
Old
blackout1231 blackout1231 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 2014 Jetta GLI Edition 30
Default 10-06-2020, 06:37 AM

Does anyone know what the error code "3B54" is by any chance?

I've recently been getting an EPC light when accelerating (mainly in sport mode), and when the light comes on I lose power.
Reply With Quote
(#891)
Old
IanCH IanCH is offline
Too many cars!
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2020 GTI
Default 10-06-2020, 07:10 AM

Hi was wondering if I can get some advice for Map 6 settings based on this log and mods.

Installed Baun FMIC and went out for some logs. Good temps - 64F, 40% humidity. Map 2, 93 Octane

Other mods - Drop in AFe, 034 Hose, Leyo TIP

IAT's were superb and consistent. Wondering what I should try next with Map6? Feel like there's probably a lot of headroom here.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P60_M2_R15_201004_1220.csv (20.8 KB, 8 views)


2020 GTI
Reply With Quote
(#892)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-06-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewanted
Hey George,

Is there a forum thread somewhere (I assume it's not on this forum) where I can read about other EA888 Gen3 245PS users' experiences with the JB4? I couldn't really find one one specifically for the 245PS (OPF) engine on audiworld.com.
Most of the user base has moved to Facebook pages from forums. Try search the VAG - JB4 community page and I am sure there are users there that can give you feedback.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#893)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-06-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout1231
Does anyone know what the error code "3B54" is by any chance?

I've recently been getting an EPC light when accelerating (mainly in sport mode), and when the light comes on I lose power.
It translate to Oil pressure switch malfunction. Not sure if you getting the oil light as well on the dash?


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#894)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-06-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCH
Hi was wondering if I can get some advice for Map 6 settings based on this log and mods.

Installed Baun FMIC and went out for some logs. Good temps - 64F, 40% humidity. Map 2, 93 Octane

Other mods - Drop in AFe, 034 Hose, Leyo TIP

IAT's were superb and consistent. Wondering what I should try next with Map6? Feel like there's probably a lot of headroom here.
In this log it looks like you can add more from 4500 and higher.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#895)
Old
thewanted thewanted is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: BMW F21 125i
Default 10-07-2020, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Most of the user base has moved to Facebook pages from forums. Try search the VAG - JB4 community page and I am sure there are users there that can give you feedback.
Thanks George. I joined the group and it certainly is quite lively in there!
Reply With Quote
(#896)
Old
Majiic86 Majiic86 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2020
Car: Leon Cupra 4drive 19' GPF
Default 10-08-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian2292
wow! nice results.
Could you please post your map 6?
what fuel ?
please dm me, fuel Ron 98 ,
Reply With Quote
(#897)
Old
Wrighty79 Wrighty79 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2020
Car: golf gti performance 7.5
Default 10-10-2020, 07:45 AM

Hi just installed my jb4 with Bluetooth to my 7.5 golf gti performance. been out on a run on map 1 and feels great!
Can I use any of the other maps at all?
Only mods I have are ramair intake with turbo elbow
Reply With Quote
(#898)
Old
eric81 eric81 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2020
Car: Golf 7 PP opf
Default 10-10-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty79
Hi just installed my jb4 with Bluetooth to my 7.5 golf gti performance. been out on a run on map 1 and feels great!
Can I use any of the other maps at all?
Only mods I have are ramair intake with turbo elbow
Try the set the boost safety value to 5.0 for Map1 / George told me, I installed the JB4 in my Gti PP 245ps mj 2020 today. On Monday I have to pick up the D plug extension and afr cable set from the post office. Then I'll test it out too
Reply With Quote
(#899)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-10-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty79
Hi just installed my jb4 with Bluetooth to my 7.5 golf gti performance. been out on a run on map 1 and feels great!
Can I use any of the other maps at all?
Only mods I have are ramair intake with turbo elbow
What octane are you on and manual or DSG?


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#900)
Old
Wrighty79 Wrighty79 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2020
Car: golf gti performance 7.5
Default 10-10-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81
Try the set the boost safety value to 5.0 for Map1 / George told me, I installed the JB4 in my Gti PP 245ps mj 2020 today. On Monday I have to pick up the D plug extension and afr cable set from the post office. Then I'll test it out too
Nice one pal will try that! I assume the d extension is so u don't have to get under car each time u wanna disconnect it? Whats the air cable set tho? N where did u get them in case I wanna order? 😀
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com