N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5476)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 06-27-2020, 05:28 PM

After seeing another video of a stock Q with an insane Map 6, I cracked and made a video.

YouTube

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5477)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS400 AWD
Default 06-27-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
After seeing another video of a stock Q with an insane Map 6, I cracked and made a video.

YouTube
Thx for the video, I believe I've been using boostinmotion's map 6 recommendation blindly. Granted I did log and come here asking for help. Been using Map 1 since.

One thing that wasn't quite clear to me is the mapping dor a redsport. You said there is a difference of 5 psi between non red vs red sport, what would that mean when converting your map on anything under 5? I.e. at 6k rpm you taper to 3.5, would that mean I should be at 0 on a redsport?

Anyways, appreciate the help and time. Would love to see a clear recommended map 6 setting for a stock redsport (btw I have ordered FI CBE, should be getting it next month plus FI Full ******** with Highflow cars that should be ready by September).
(#5478)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 RS AWD
Default New to me 2016 Q50 RS400 AWD - 06-27-2020, 09:51 PM

Hi everyone.

Just got my Q50 and just installed my JB4 with fuel wires.

Wanted to post my logs and see if anyone saw any concerns with the results.
This is bone stock with just the JB4 and Fuel wires 93 pump gas from Mobil 50% of the tank.. assuming dealer also had 93 in the tank when purchased.P50_M3_R3_200628_0018.csv

I have Lower down pipe and EWG wires ordered. On the fence about y pipe right now.

Thanks for any and all feedback
(#5479)
Old

Car: q50
Default 06-29-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:

YouTube
Nice video, thanks for the shout out.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#5480)
Old

Car: Q60 Red Sport 400
Default Q60 RS Data logs - 06-29-2020, 08:28 AM

Just ran this data log please let me know if everything looks good and what I should be looking for. Thanks!!!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_200629_0510.csv (17.7 KB, 25 views)
(#5481)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekb24
Just ran this data log please let me know if everything looks good and what I should be looking for. Thanks!!!
Nothing attached!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5482)
Old

Default 06-29-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nothing attached!
I just edited it itís up now
(#5483)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2020, 08:40 AM

The log is fine but it's a really mild map6 lol.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5484)
Old

Smile 06-29-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
The log is fine but it's a really mild map6 lol.
Baby steps this is my first turbo car and I’m scared to break **** lol but what specific parameters should I be looking at as far AFR and knock or timing being pulled ... also it been disconnecting a lot what could be the cause ?

Last edited by Peekb24; 06-29-2020 at 09:00 AM..
(#5485)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S 3.0t Silver Sport
Default 06-29-2020, 09:04 AM

I'm a SS awd on map 6 and i had a question for Terry...what does enabling bit7 do? I heard it can help our SS build boost faster? but I don't see any documentation or find anything by searching any info on it.
(#5486)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS400 AWD
Default Map 1 analysis - 06-29-2020, 10:58 AM

Did some map 1 pulls plus a few map 0 pulls at the end for comparison purposes.

It looks like it was pulling timing, not sure yet how to read the graph properly but I see the ignition1 dropping too much I think - dont the see same drop on map 0.

The other thing I'm concerned is I dont see any values on ignition 2 and 4 on most pulls (saw some data on ignition 4 on one of the pulls only). Is that just not logged on our JB4? Also ignition 6 barely moving?

All in all, just looking for some feedback on a map 1 run

Thanks so much!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M1_R5_200628_1748.csv (30.3 KB, 25 views)
(#5487)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Premium RWD
Default 06-29-2020, 12:58 PM

Anybody know what could be causing me to get p0101? I just installed Fuel Wires and EWG and I only get the CEL at higher RPMS but no performance loss and logs still look good
(#5488)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshg
I'm a SS awd on map 6 and i had a question for Terry...what does enabling bit7 do? I heard it can help our SS build boost faster? but I don't see any documentation or find anything by searching any info on it.
It makes the gas pedal input more linear, so if anything, might feel slower behind the wheel.

Burger Motorsports

(#5489)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_VR3
Anybody know what could be causing me to get p0101? I just installed Fuel Wires and EWG and I only get the CEL at higher RPMS but no performance loss and logs still look good
Could be a JB4 connection on one of the MAP sensors or could be something with the MAF sensor like airleak or oil contamination. Log of it coming up?

Burger Motorsports

(#5490)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S 3.0t Silver Sport
Default 06-29-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
It makes the gas pedal input more linear, so if anything, might feel slower behind the wheel.
Thanks
(#5491)
Old

Default 06-29-2020, 09:04 PM

Hey everyone. I did 4 pulls in 3rd gear. Pulled a rookie mistake and did my original log from a stop in Drive.

4 Pulls:
2 Map 6 and 2 Map 3.

Can someone check it out and see if there is any concern?

Map 6: 1.0 going to 3.5 at 3000 tapering off at 5000 to 0

2016 Redsport AWD Stock 93 Oct

Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R5_200629_2328.csv (134.7 KB, 21 views)
(#5492)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzja
Hey everyone. I did 4 pulls in 3rd gear. Pulled a rookie mistake and did my original log from a stop in Drive.

4 Pulls:
2 Map 6 and 2 Map 3.

Can someone check it out and see if there is any concern?

Map 6: 1.0 going to 3.5 at 3000 tapering off at 5000 to 0

2016 Redsport AWD Stock 93 Oct

Thanks again.
I would stick to map 6 and not run map 3, too much boost.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#5493)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I would stick to map 6 and not run map 3, too much boost.
Thanks for the info! MAP 6 it is!
(#5494)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 06-30-2020, 09:45 AM

Try adding the fuel wires. I noticed your AFR is at low 11's at high RPM. After fuel wires you should see more consistency and bottom out in low 12's instead.
(#5495)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Premium RWD
Default 06-30-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Could be a JB4 connection on one of the MAP sensors or could be something with the MAF sensor like airleak or oil contamination. Log of it coming up?
Nothing I can see I attached 2 logs if you can check them out
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M4_R6_200627_2148.csv (56.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: csv P50_M5_R3_200630_0905.csv (29.4 KB, 23 views)
(#5496)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
When i was adding in my fuel wires the car started acting strange.. after looking again i noticed one of the pins on the JB4 was slightly pulled out.. check that harness and make sure all the wires are in that connector on the JB4 tightly!
(#5497)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
No obvious issue in the log, although you're not pressing the gas pedal 100% down.

Burger Motorsports

(#5498)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default What an intro...:) - 06-30-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:

YouTube
Soooo, I'm pretty sure I made the video that made Serstylz2 crack...

Anyways, call it not looking up the latest info, or what you thought was good research, but indeed, it looks like I made quite the map 6, and tested it for the world to see. Luckily, it was on a rental Q50, so I didn't do any damage to my personal vehicle, a 2018 Q50 RS AWD.

And as you can see, I've been trying to start a fledgling YouTube channel (another story) - the video turned out to be popular, but the last thing I want to do is spread bad info anywhere - I'll go ahead and post a link to the video in question below, have everyone gasp and laugh in response, update the video description to tell everyone to not do what I did, post what I think are the logs from the video in question, and again duck the bottles being thrown at me.

I'm also getting ready to test the RS, but I'll clear the map 1st on here before any other testing, to avoid any more headbashing.

Thanks everyone, and hopefully the comments aren't too harsh...hopefully...

Video link - YouTube

-Boon
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200407_1920_runs(4).csv (13.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv 20200408_2002_runs(2).csv (6.8 KB, 22 views)
(#5499)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 07-01-2020, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonsgarage

Anyways, call it not looking up the latest info, or what you thought was good research, but indeed, it looks like I made quite the map 6, and tested it for the world to see. Luckily, it was on a rental Q50, so I didn't do any damage to my personal vehicle, a 2018 Q50 RS AWD.

And as you can see, I've been trying to start a fledgling YouTube channel (another story) - the video turned out to be popular, but the last thing I want to do is spread bad info anywhere - I'll go ahead and post a link to the video in question below, have everyone gasp and laugh in response, update the video description to tell everyone to not do what I did, post what I think are the logs from the video in question, and again duck the bottles being thrown at me.

I'm also getting ready to test the RS, but I'll clear the map 1st on here before any other testing, to avoid any more headbashing.

Video link - YouTube

-Boon
Hey Boon, it wasnt you per se, it was FACEBOOK. There's some people on there giving out bad info and swearing it's the gospel. You didn't do that at all, no worries and I apologize if I offended you at all.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5500)
Old

Default 07-01-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonsgarage

Video link - YouTube

-Boon
That's pretty crappy to hook up a jb4 with fuel wires and dump a bunch of boost into a loaner car.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD

Last edited by ddnspider; 07-01-2020 at 03:21 PM..