N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 09-24-2020, 04:09 AM

It wont slip out of beast mode, that light will blink until you cycle the engine. Just repeat the process, start, drive, wait while pressing brake for a minute or so and it will blink again. I believe the inconsistencies come from two things.
1. They leave traction control stability control on.
2. They boost too long. I've done it for over 2 sec and the car didn't like it, it pulled throttle, dropped boost, ect. I have no scientific way to record how long its building other than reviewing logs. For me, 1st light full pedal, 3rd go. Without getting into the math of a standard tree and human reaction time it equals about 1 sec of full car throttle and boost.
(#202)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 09-24-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
It wont slip out of beast mode, that light will blink until you cycle the engine. Just repeat the process, start, drive, wait while pressing brake for a minute or so and it will blink again. I believe the inconsistencies come from two things.
1. They leave traction control stability control on.
2. They boost too long. I've done it for over 2 sec and the car didn't like it, it pulled throttle, dropped boost, ect. I have no scientific way to record how long its building other than reviewing logs. For me, 1st light full pedal, 3rd go. Without getting into the math of a standard tree and human reaction time it equals about 1 sec of full car throttle and boost.
Thanks again for all the info. One last question:
When you refer to "cycle the engine", how much does it take to lose beast mode and need to restart the process? I'm thinking of it in terms of staging at a drag strip, and are you saying you have to sit without moving at all for a minute or so, or can I get into this mode before even pre-stage, and then role up? If so, I would assume it's not feasible to do at a typical track, and you just use the mild mode?
(#203)
Old

Default 09-24-2020, 09:19 AM

Cycle meaning turn off the motor, then start again. Your switch should just stay open on the brake snip the whole time at the track, no drama. You'll never lose the blinking light unless you shut off the engine.
After my time slip I park and shut the motor off and let it cool. I check logs and BS with folks. When I'm ready, I start the car, and before I get in line I leave it in drive with the foot brake on. I wait, and wait, and within a minute or so that auto off light will start blinking. No matter what you do after that point it will always blink (unless you shut the car off)
If you don't wait and try to stage chances are unlikely it will blink. The reason is you are bumping up, stopping, bumping up, stopping. The care needs to sit in gear with no movement for it to activate.
(#204)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 09-24-2020, 11:51 AM

Does auto-hold work with the brake-snip? Can that be used instead of holding your foot on the brake for 1-2 minutes? I've used auto-hold in reverse to check that my upgraded reverse LEDs were working. Great feature! :-)

Also, dgascho, just be aware, there have been 2-3 reports of people destroying their transmissions using "beast mode" to launch and holding boost for more than ~2-3 seconds (guesstimate). Not saying it's guaranteed to break, but you're taking all the safeties off and in a spot where you might break things. I'm not a 1/4 mile guy, so this doesn't really matter to me - but even if I was, I wouldn't do the brake snip unless I could afford to replace the transmission if Kia denies the warranty.
(#205)
Old

Default 09-24-2020, 01:09 PM

According to Terry there's only been 2 reports but only one was confirmed, and that one admitted to holding it for over 4 seconds. There's been dozens, if not 100's of owners now with the snip that have countless launches with no issues. Look at the top 20 list of 1/4 mile runs. Fastest is Kato with an 11.2 something. He, and everyone below him have the BMS snip done as listed. The torq and hp it requires to launch a 4,000 lbs vehicle in the low 11's is phenominal yet no issues with the snip.
As far as auto hold, I have no idea. I never use it so I don't know if that would trigger the auto off feature. Give it a shot and let us know, I don't think it's been tried yet.
(#206)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT
Default Brake switch - 10-14-2020, 11:40 AM

The brake switch is needed to get a good 60ft time, the factory launch control can't even come close to the brake switch. I have gone 1.44 60ft with an 11.72 in the 1/4 mile in a rwd stinger gt. The best I could do with the factory launch control was a 1.83 60ft at 12.01, granted I do a lot of racing if you don't then I wouldn't recommend doing it. If you get an issue and have a nosey technician I'm pretty sure they can use it to get out of warranty work. That being said I've never had any issue with using the brake switch mod , only thing I have found is if you don't disable the start/stop while using the switch it will flash the start/stop light in the cluster until you restart the car.
(#207)
Old

Default 10-14-2020, 02:42 PM

If you have a Stinger and have slips for those times then you have the record I believe for the 60'!! You would also be in the top 10 on the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman70741
The brake switch is needed to get a good 60ft time, the factory launch control can't even come close to the brake switch. I have gone 1.44 60ft with an 11.72 in the 1/4 mile in a rwd stinger gt. The best I could do with the factory launch control was a 1.83 60ft at 12.01, granted I do a lot of racing if you don't then I wouldn't recommend doing it. If you get an issue and have a nosey technician I'm pretty sure they can use it to get out of warranty work. That being said I've never had any issue with using the brake switch mod , only thing I have found is if you don't disable the start/stop while using the switch it will flash the start/stop light in the cluster until you restart the car.
(#208)
Old

Default 10-14-2020, 04:40 PM

Here is the time slip,
Attached Images

(#209)
Old

Default 10-14-2020, 05:45 PM

You need to go to Stingerforum.org and submit that! You'd be #8 on the list and will bump me down one, LOL
(#210)
Old

Default 10-14-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
You need to go to Stingerforum.org and submit that! You'd be #8 on the list and will bump me down one, LOL
Made an account , have to wait to post on the list thread.
(#211)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-22-2020, 02:25 PM

Follow these instructions on page one for a g70 3.3? I donít have start stop, so want to make sure I cut the same wire (green and black) however I wonít getting a flashing (A). Thanks for any help. In this case do I need a (switch) or just cut the wire?
(#212)
Old

Default 10-22-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwood
Follow these instructions on page one for a g70 3.3? I donít have start stop, so want to make sure I cut the same wire (green and black) however I wonít getting a flashing (A). Thanks for any help. In this case do I need a (switch) or just cut the wire?
I would ask Terry, yes you need a switch. In the stinger the start/stop feature runs off that signal thats why we get the flashing A on the dash.