N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default Fuel Wire for 2.0L - 09-24-2020, 07:12 PM

Hey guys, I know which wire I need to connect to on the O2 sensor side but my jb4 didnít come prewired with the fuel wire. Which pin does the fuel wire connect to on the jb4? Also,does it need the resistor?
(#2)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 09-26-2020, 05:25 AM

Where did you get your JB4 from?

The Hyundai/Kia use the same JB4 SKU

Two connectors, OBD-II connector and two wires. The short black wire is not currently used, the long black wire is for the o2 sensor.

Why would need a resistor?

As usual this post is useless without pictures, tech support can't help you without pictures.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-26-2020, 07:05 AM

My bad let me be specific. The wire Iím trying to connect to my jb4 is the fuel tap wire. For the Kia 3.3t the fuel wire connects to both o2 sensors to control the fuel ratio. Since the 2.0L only has one o2 sensor I needed to know if the tap wire Follows back to port 21 or 20 on the jb4. The resistor was mentioned in a forum I believe itís on the short wire.

I purchased my jb4 used so there is no short and long wires. Only the two pigtails that go to the two sensors on the intake side. Iím assuming according to what you are saying that I need to run my wire back to the port where your long wire goes on your jb4. Which port is the long one going to? 20 or 21?
Attached Images

(#4)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 09-26-2020, 11:40 AM

I don't remember which port is on the connector sorry and I just had my JB4 out of the car.

Email tech support Ando or Terry do reply on weekends.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2020, 11:47 AM

You only need to attach the longer wire for the 2L. See the fuel control wire install video for what position that long wire attaches to. Not at my desk to check.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 09-26-2020, 12:07 PM

Does the long wire need the 1k resistor?
Thanks Terry!
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula19
Does the long wire need the 1k resistor?
Thanks Terry!
No as long as it's in the right spot on the JB4 harness, the board has a resistor on that output already.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 09-26-2020, 01:45 PM

I put it in 20, anything I need to do or is my jb4 going to already adjust my afr? I made sure to update firmware.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2015 Kia Optima turbo
Default 10-01-2020, 12:00 PM

Jb4 will lean it out a bit. Without fuel wire I was at 10.6 afr and with it on I'm at 11.4 11.7

2015 Kia Optima SX-T
Mods: ultimate racing strut bar, JB4 set at map3, HKS
M40XL plugs, cpe bellmouth, injen intake ,Forge BOV, catch can. Continental extreme contact DWS tires