N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default Map 2, 3 and 5 logs - 09-12-2020, 02:27 PM

Hey Terry (or anyone else that could help me review them),

Any chance you can help check over my logs? I ran all three maps back to back-ish because I don't have many opportunities to test them out, so maximized this one lol.

Maps 2 and 3 were with launch control, and Map 5 was a rolling launch. Apologies that they're all in one log - I thought starting and stopping logging would create separate CSV's, but it didn't seem to be the case.

I ran with PetroCan 94 and a full bottle of VP Octanium, and also running fuel wires and EWG connectors.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R4_200912_1542.csv (136.2 KB, 17 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 09-12-2020, 02:43 PM

Uncheck the block that combines them. Then theres another option to auto log at a threshold, 90% throttle works well. I'll take a look once I'm on a computer.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-12-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Uncheck the block that combines them. Then theres another option to auto log at a threshold, 90% throttle works well. I'll take a look once I'm on a computer.
Really appreciate the tip! Still quite unfamiliar with the app, but I'll get the hang of it.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-13-2020, 02:22 PM

I'll say what I always say, I'm not an expert but I enjoy analyzing logs, yours look OK to me. Trims were normal, ign timing looked good, even on Map5. over 22 psi of boost is terrific. If you going to run 5, ensure you keep that octane up in or near the triple digits.
Attached Images

(#5)
Old

Default 09-13-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I'll say what I always say, I'm not an expert but I enjoy analyzing logs, yours look OK to me. Trims were normal, ign timing looked good, even on Map5. over 22 psi of boost is terrific. If you going to run 5, ensure you keep that octane up in or near the triple digits.
Really appreciate the feedback! I was thinking the logs looked okay too after comparing mine to a few others that have been OK'ed, but I'm glad to get an unbiased opinion. Granted, hopefully Terry can drop by and give his official blessing And yes, planning on using map 5 only with boostane/octanium. Otherwise, it's map 2 for me, or even map 3 if I get a chance to do another log without octane boost and I don't notice any significant changes in timing from this log (if it's officially OK'ed).

One oddity I noticed is that my ignition timings seem to be improving as I pick a higher map. Not sure if it's just my ecu getting used to the fuel, or if I'm just reading them wrong. Also noticed that there seems to be a pretty noticeable difference between trims and trims2, though my afr's seem to be fine, so again, maybe I'm just interpreting them wrong.

I must say I might get hooked into reading logs as much as you haha - it's pretty interesting stuff. Thanks again for checking them over!
(#6)
Old

Default 09-14-2020, 09:34 AM

You are correct and good catch. I didn't think to turn on the second one. I've looked at several other logs and there's minor differences between the two but yours seem a bit more separated. First thought is a wire tap on the fuel wires isn't making good connection. Double check that.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-14-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
You are correct and good catch. I didn't think to turn on the second one. I've looked at several other logs and there's minor differences between the two but yours seem a bit more separated. First thought is a wire tap on the fuel wires isn't making good connection. Double check that.
Will do - just out of curiosity, would trims2 be the passenger side or driver side? I'll check both, but just want to see if there's one that I should play closer attention to
(#8)
Old

Default 09-14-2020, 03:28 PM

If I was a betting man, Trim1 would be passenger side. That's where cylinder 1,3 and 5 are. Trim 2 would be drivers side cylinder 2, 4 and 6 are. Just a guess though
(#9)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster turbo
Default 09-14-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw907
Really appreciate the feedback! I was thinking the logs looked okay too after comparing mine to a few others that have been OK'ed, but I'm glad to get an unbiased opinion. Granted, hopefully Terry can drop by and give his official blessing And yes, planning on using map 5 only with boostane/octanium. Otherwise, it's map 2 for me, or even map 3 if I get a chance to do another log without octane boost and I don't notice any significant changes in timing from this log (if it's officially OK'ed).

One oddity I noticed is that my ignition timings seem to be improving as I pick a higher map. Not sure if it's just my ecu getting used to the fuel, or if I'm just reading them wrong. Also noticed that there seems to be a pretty noticeable difference between trims and trims2, though my afr's seem to be fine, so again, maybe I'm just interpreting them wrong.

I must say I might get hooked into reading logs as much as you haha - it's pretty interesting stuff. Thanks again for checking them over!

I believe maps 3,4,5 obviously apply more boost and more base timing is added hence why you need better fuel as you go up in maps.
(#10)
Old

Default 09-15-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Ripper
I believe maps 3,4,5 obviously apply more boost and more base timing is added hence why you need better fuel as you go up in maps.
Appreciate the input! I did say I could very well be looking at them wrong, and would be grateful to be corrected nonetheless. Very much aware that a higher map will require better fuel, so keeping it at a lower map until I get the official OK.

In terms of the trims discrepancy, I double checked the fuel wires, and made sure that they're all clipped in fully, the positaps were tightened, and the wires are secure. I didn't really find anything that could point to a poor connection... Hopefully Terry can chime in sometime and verify if there's anything else I should check out.