N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 535i
Default Log Review: F10 N55 - Map 5 - 91 Oct - 08-24-2020, 09:12 PM

Hello guys. I just installed a pre-owned JB4 on Friday and I am trying to get the hang of reviewing these logs. Can someone please let me know how these look and if there are any settings I need to adjust?

2011 535i N55 PWG roughly 139k miles
- Chargepipe
- 91 octane
- Eldor Ignition coils - Installed in June
- Stock Bosch Spark plugs - Installed in August of 2019 roughly 8,000 miles
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3 gear wot manual and sport on.csv (6.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 3rd gear Manual Sport+ .csv (10.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: csv highway wot comfort 82320.csv (33.0 KB, 14 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2020, 04:17 PM

Runs look pretty good to me. I'd change FF to 100, duty bias to 30 across the board, to speed up the WGDC adaption process.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 08-25-2020, 05:43 PM

So, it you don't think I have anything to worry about? I was looking over the logs with a friend and we thought the Ignition timing looked like the DME was retarding the timing pretty bad.

Also, it looks like in the the Third Gear Manual Sport + log the engine over boosted pretty good. Is that normal? Sorry, I am learning.

Attached is another log, but on Map 2. I got scared after looking at the logs yesterday and the timing.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 2 wot sport +.csv (9.1 KB, 15 views)

Checkout my YouTube channel, Like and Subscribe. I am trying to grow the channel so I can bring more F10 content.
Coming soon: MHD BEF, M-Sport Front Conversion, New Wheels, 6wb Cluster, fmic, Strut Bar..........
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-26-2020, 06:57 AM

I see the drop in timing around the 5k mark.

Still just 91 octane?

After setting & map changes, it does take a few WOT adaptation pulls for things to start to fall in line.

likely smooth the boost curve out with some duty bias tuning & the timing drops, in most users cases is due to lack of octane, or tired plugs. I'd assume based on your modifications the timing corrections are stemming from the 91 octane fuel.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-26-2020, 07:37 AM

Ok, so would you recommend going back to Map 5 and adjusting the duty bias and FF?
Yes, I am still only running the 91 octane. I plane to add some E85 at the next fill up. Planing on a E30 blend.

Also, can you please advise what I should expect to see in Ignition Timing numbers?
Should I be concerned with the Over boost that occurred?

My plugs aren't crazy old, but I plan to upgrade them to 1 step colder NGK's as soon as possible.

Checkout my YouTube channel, Like and Subscribe. I am trying to grow the channel so I can bring more F10 content.
Coming soon: MHD BEF, M-Sport Front Conversion, New Wheels, 6wb Cluster, fmic, Strut Bar..........
(#6)
Old

Default 08-26-2020, 08:10 AM

Attached are my current User Settings. Please let me know if you notice anything else that needs to be adjusted.
Attached Images

(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-26-2020, 12:45 PM

I think you can stick to map 1 or 2.

Manually lower your FF from 150, down to 70

I’d try adding a gallon of 85 to your current tank (assuming you aren’t on e) and relog map 2

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 08-26-2020, 02:37 PM

Ok, I will make some changes and re-log as soon as possible.

(#9)
Old

Default 08-26-2020, 07:30 PM

Ok, made the changes recommended above and got a quick log. FYI, apparently my jb4 app was setup to combine the logs, so the first wot is in comfort mode and the second wot is Sport +.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map2 91 oct comfort & sport combined log.csv (10.1 KB, 17 views)

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-28-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjohnson7771
Ok, made the changes recommended above and got a quick log. FYI, apparently my jb4 app was setup to combine the logs, so the first wot is in comfort mode and the second wot is Sport +.
Hi,

So for future only log in sport + with traction fully off.

Duty bias settings, those look really off- set those to default & relog in sport+

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 08-28-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hi,

So for future only log in sport + with traction fully off.

Duty bias settings, those look really off- set those to default & relog in sport+
Thanks for the info. I will make sure to log in Sport + only.

As far as the Duty bias is concerned. In the post above, Terry has suggested to change Duty bias to 30 across the board. Was that incorrect or was that only for Map 5?

Thanks

(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-30-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will make sure to log in Sport + only.

As far as the Duty bias is concerned. In the post above, Terry has suggested to change Duty bias to 30 across the board. Was that incorrect or was that only for Map 5?

Thanks
30 works, but I think i saw some values like 29 or something in there.

At any rate, double check them, ensure all at 30 & relog

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 08-31-2020, 03:28 PM

Ok, hereís a new log on E30. I double checked and all my duty bias are set to 30 and I did a few wot pulls before this log. Log is on Map 5.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3rd gear sport++ E30.csv (8.6 KB, 13 views)

(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-31-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, hereís a new log on E30. I double checked and all my duty bias are set to 30 and I did a few wot pulls before this log. Log is on Map 5.
overboosting a bit on tip in & timing doesn't look that great, drops across multiple cylinders.

How sure are you that your mix is e30? Did you measure the content at the pump?

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 09-01-2020, 05:54 AM

Well, it looks like we will have to try the review again in a few days. I just downloaded a new, more detailed E85 calculator and it looks like I am only running around E15 at the moment.

(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-01-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Well, it looks like we will have to try the review again in a few days. I just downloaded a new, more detailed E85 calculator and it looks like I am only running around E15 at the moment.
Okay, thatís not necessarily a bad thing, as that now tells me why timing didnít look great.

Letís get your content up to e25-30 range & see if that timing cleans up

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 09-06-2020, 06:31 PM

Ok, attached is an updated log with E-85. I should now be close to a E30 blend. I can definitely see on the logs that my IAT’s are really creeping up. Looks like the FMIC is moving up the priority list. Well atleast we have a cool front coming in next week, temps are supposed to drop from the 90’s to low 70’s.
Attached Files
File Type: csv E30 3rd gear Sport+ 09062020.csv (8.4 KB, 16 views)

(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-09-2020, 07:33 PM

This looks overall decent

Cyl 5 lags a bit, but that is usually always a noisy cyl.

How does the car feel?

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 07:50 PM

The car feels good and strong. Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect though. My last car build was a LS swapped 240sx which had I completely different feel to the power band.

Currently, I plan to upgrade to a FMIC, but I'm not sure if there is anything else I should be considering as a priority.

(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-11-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
The car feels good and strong. Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect though. My last car build was a LS swapped 240sx which had I completely different feel to the power band.

Currently, I plan to upgrade to a FMIC, but I'm not sure if there is anything else I should be considering as a priority.
I am assuming a very linear/ flat powerband on the LS swapped 240?

I'd for sure upgrade the FMIC, as the IAT's creeping up isn't helping timing.

Burger Motorsports