Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra GT - NLine
Default 09-02-2020, 06:17 PM

Bump...
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2020, 07:33 PM

Sorry missed the thread.

Log looks fine to me! Let's compare with map2. You can go heavier on the E85 mix too if you want, 5 gallons E85, rest 93.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Exclamation Map 3 + 5 Gals E85 - Log Check Please! - 09-03-2020, 03:26 PM

Okay... Since I had to fill up anyway I put in 5 gals of E85 and topped it off with Shell 93.

Since I normally run around on Map 2 I decided to try Map 3. As you will see I probably should have staid at Map 2....

So.

Map = 3
Fuel = 5 Gallons E85 + top off with Shell 93
Gear = 3
Fuel Wires = Installed
Temp = 85 F. Ambient
Transmission = DCT
BOV = GFB
DPW = 0 (for Terry. Was not testing the 85)

Took off hard from a standstill and shifted to 3rd as quickly as I could while "trying" to keep the pedal at 100 percent.

Something "popped", (BOV sounded totally strange), and revs dropped to 4000 and staid there so I shifted to 4th.

Couldn't accelerate above 4000 rpm.

No smoke and "normal" throttle response, (so no boost hose separation).

Got home, shutdown and opened the hood and nothing seems to be out of sorts. No hoses blown off and the BOV sound has returned to normal upon release of throttle after starting up again.

No codes

Pardon the abbreviated log. I started it right before accelerating and shut it off after shifting to 4th when I noticed the 4000 rpm limit.

Any thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200903_172847.csv (39.3 KB, 11 views)
(#8)
Old

Default Map 2 + 5 Gals E85 - Log Check Please! - 09-03-2020, 04:58 PM

Went out to make sure I hadn't blown anything up with the Map 3 run and decided to just log a normal drive without too many shenanigans...

Map = 2
Fuel Wires = Installed
Temp = 82 F. Ambient
Transmission = DCT
BOV = GFB
DPW = 0 (for Terry. Was not testing the 85)

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200903_194940.csv (375.5 KB, 10 views)
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2020, 05:11 PM

JB4 went to map0 due to boost exceeding the 24psi limit you set, which is probably too low for this car. But then boost didn't drop down as it should on map0. Maybe issue with your BOV? In any event raise the safety up to 28psi.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Talking 9/6/2020 Map 3 Log - Now with more VRrrrom... - 09-06-2020, 12:44 PM

Ok...

So finally got a chance to try this after changing the boost limit, (I had not changed it. It was at the default 24 previously).

Map = 3
Gear = 3
Boost = 28
Fuel Wires = Installed
Temp = 80ish F. Ambient
Transmission = DCT
BOV = GFB

First log was paddle shifting 1, 2, 3 (not sport mode), running out of RPM and I had to end it because the Civic in front of me wouldn't move.

2nd log was shorter as I was running out of road...

Clean runs. No codes. No loss of RPM. No loss of boost.

Learning how to read these graphs to me they look good! Any dissenting opinions?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200906_132134.csv (48.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200906_132303.csv (19.7 KB, 10 views)
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2020, 01:28 PM

Seems good to me. On the firmware could get 21_T1 and set DWP = 80 or 100 to see if that improves boost response fro you. We've had some good feedback from other 1.6 customers on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 09-06-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Seems good to me. On the firmware could get 21_T1 and set DWP = 80 or 100 to see if that improves boost response fro you. We've had some good feedback from other 1.6 customers on it.
Downloaded and installed 21_T1. Set DWP to 100. First impressions are that the pedal feels more responsive. Have to wait until the morning to test the first cold start hesitation.
(#13)
Old

Thumbs up DWP = 100 - 09-09-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occams_Razor
Downloaded and installed 21_T1. Set DWP to 100. First impressions are that the pedal feels more responsive. Have to wait until the morning to test the first cold start hesitation.
Okay. A couple of days testing with Map 3 and DWP = 100. Pedal response in default mode feels like the original response in "Sport" mode, (this is a DCT). "Sport" mode feels a bit better but really not much.

Unless I want to really nail it I just leave it in default mode when I used to always change it to "Sport", (really wish there was a way to make "Sport" mode "stick" to whatever it was upon shutdown but not as necessary now).

I haven't backed off DWP to see if I can recreate the hesitation but at DWP = 100 and Ambient Temp = 67 - 70 F in the morning I have not felt it, (where before it was noticeable).
(#14)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster turbo
Default 09-09-2020, 10:13 PM

I have been just leaving my dwp @100. My car has never pulled harder when I'm feeding the throttle and not just mashing it. I think having Dragy would be beneficial too see what the difference really is instead of the "placebo" effect. I mean my car (1.6t dct) hits soooo hard in second and third gear it feels like it's going to break something lol.... Poor engine mounts haha