N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default Map 7 log - 08-24-2020, 07:02 PM

First few pulls in Map 7 since I got the Meth installed. I *think it's OK. Meth was flowing at 100% and I don't see any anomalies but I can use a second opinion. This log was with Boost additive at 65% in the app. ***I posted this identical thread on Stingerforum*** One of the things I'm not sure how to decipher is the waste gate duty cycle. I have the cables but I'm not sure if there's a need to tweak or adjust anything....
Intakes, FMIC, fuel wires, E30, catbacks
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M7_R1_ds_65%-additive.csv (12.1 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by AWDGT2; 08-24-2020 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Addition
(#2)
Old

Default 08-27-2020, 09:56 AM

Anyone?
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2020, 01:17 PM

Sorry missed your post above. Log looks great to me, no changes needed. If you want to try going a little more aggressive on the additive you could go up to 70 for example.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 08-27-2020, 01:44 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time Terry, I know you're a busy guy! Between inventing new stuff, updating apps, writing how to's, making cars faster and still checking forums. I appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sorry missed your post above. Log looks great to me, no changes needed. If you want to try going a little more aggressive on the additive you could go up to 70 for example.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 09-01-2020, 12:17 AM

I'd like to see your IAT's to see if they increase with RPM.
(#6)
Old

Default 09-01-2020, 08:53 AM

My original post has the .csv file, They drop significantly as the 1/4 run progressed. I'm definately impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
(#7)
Old

Default 09-02-2020, 03:08 PM

I just brought up my logs from that night. My last run which was a 12.010 the IAT temp was 122 deg., by the 1/4 mile mark it dropped to 96 deg. The curve dropped steady regardless of boost or RPM. Most of the others averaged 118 starting and dropping to the mid 90's
Quote:
(#8)
Old

Default 09-03-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
I just brought up my logs from that night. My last run which was a 12.010 the IAT temp was 122 deg., by the 1/4 mile mark it dropped to 96 deg. The curve dropped steady regardless of boost or RPM. Most of the others averaged 118 starting and dropping to the mid 90's
Looks good.

Seems to me you can inject more or as Rodney at Pro Meth likes to say keep injecting until the engine bogs and then back it down.

Quote:
For example, it is not uncommon for air to increase up to 50ļ F. passing through the radiator and air conditioning condenser on a late model vehicle. The general rule of thumb is that for every 10ļ of temperature drop, the density (and oxygen content) increases 1 percent. Itís actually more like 1.8 percent. Similarly, power increases by an equal amount. So, in this example, if you have intake air that hasnít been heated, you can gain as much as 5 to 9 percent more power.
From my travels around the web, you can get down to 65F without bogging the engine, maybe more. The cooler the day it becomes harder to lower the temp.

But dropping from 96 degrees down to 66 degrees would make for a sizable increase in power.
(#9)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 12:58 PM

I agree on adding more. Next Test and tune I'm going to run the full 75% additive on the app and mix more Meth with the destilled water. It was 50/50 but I'm going to lean towards an 80/20 mix. Temps at the track were brutal too, never under 85 so far. With cooler temps I should be deep in the 11's..... If not I'm going to experiment with Map 6 though I have no idea where to start and there's little info on these forums...
(#10)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I agree on adding more. Next Test and tune I'm going to run the full 75% additive on the app and mix more Meth with the destilled water. It was 50/50 but I'm going to lean towards an 80/20 mix. Temps at the track were brutal too, never under 85 so far. With cooler temps I should be deep in the 11's..... If not I'm going to experiment with Map 6 though I have no idea where to start and there's little info on these forums...
I didn't say more methanol... More methanol won't increase the cooling unless you double the overall flow IE move up in nozzle size.

Gale Banks: Get MAD About Boost

That said moving up in nozzle size might cause distribution problems. I would recommend going direct port. It doesn't look that complicated, the intake manifold lower is plastic and easy to drill into. It's also fairly inexpensive to replace, a new one is $257.

But that would ensure you have even distribution and maximize the in-cylinder cooling of water-methanol injection. You can keep the single nozzle setup, likely step down in nozzle size because it's only needed for cooling.

I'd start at (6) 180cc CM2 nozzles direct port and one CM3 in the original map sensor adapter position.

That would be 1350cc of flow 200 psi 50/50 mix; I really don't think the engine would bog.

Look at this way, there is a reason why people wait until the late winter months to try to set personal best or break platform records because the air density is higher, the car will make more power.

With WMI you can create your own "perfect day" no matter what the outside temp is because that is what the engine sees as being optimal for making power with zero ignition pull and maximum timing.
(#11)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 03:35 PM

I like your thinking! Lol. I'm certainly willing to be a test dummy for this, car is not a daily driver. Do you know if anyone else has tried something similar? Terry@BMS any thoughts on dumping more Meth in that manner? I would think a simple manifold block with 6 outputs would do the trick.
(#12)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I like your thinking! Lol. I'm certainly willing to be a test dummy for this, car is not a daily driver. Do you know if anyone else has tried something similar? Terry@BMS any thoughts on dumping more Meth in that manner? I would think a simple manifold block with 6 outputs would do the trick.
Not sure what not being a daily driver has anything to do with it.

You can buy direct port kits from Cooling Mist, Snow, Pro Meth, Aquamist, etc.

Snow will even drill, tap and runs the lines for you at a reasonable price. Call them up, buy a lower from your local Kia dealer or any dealer giving you the best price.

Pro meth also offers that service. Then all you have to do is swap manifolds and plumb the system. It will reduce line pressure a bit but the benefits outweigh the small negatives.

Thr JB4 can handle it no problem it's no different than using a large single nozzle, but vastly more effective.
(#13)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 08:00 PM

I was under the assumption this was new ground, from your response it's obviously been done and there are kits out there for it. With that said my anxiety and fear of losing the car for a few days due to a mistake is all but diminished. Thanks! I'll check out those companies out for sure.
Quote:
Not sure what not being a daily driver has anything to do with it.