N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: m140i
Default b58 error codes - 08-26-2020, 08:56 AM

evening guys and girls.

I've been directed to this forum in search for some help.
ive recently installed the jb4 onto my m140i / b58 for me to run wmi.
ive installed the wmi etc etc and all is good! (nice and easy to install!)
(just to add, my AIT's are never stable, flapping from 0-15+ continuously)
now ive had the car back from the garage for a couple of days now since having a turbo upgrade installed and which I was left with these codes -
1A2803
1B5101 terminal 15_3 line by CAS, electrical: short circuit to positive
10890C
12152F.

now I wanted to get these resolved before sending the car off for mapping.
so ive been in contact with a technician at my local Bmw garage and he's pretty stumped too, especially with the 1B5101 code.

so I disconnected the jb4 connections to double check that all the pins was clean and was securely connected. now since doing that, im getting more and nothing is clearing.

1B5101
10890C
121532 - boost pressure sensor, plausibility: pressure upstream from throttle at motor stand.
108b0a
12152F
160504 crankcase ventilation heating control : linebreak (I checked the sensor on the intake to turbo pipe, but now it won't clear)

any help would be great..

thanks!
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2020, 12:36 PM

Sounds like something is wrong but I can't tell what from the info. JB4 log with it installed?

Maybe they shorted out a MAP sensor ground doing the meth install?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: m140i
Default 08-26-2020, 12:40 PM

Hey Terry, thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve literally just walked back through the doors after spending some
Time on it.

I’m currently at a point with 0 codes! I stripped everything, compressed air all of the sensors and reconnected. A little bit of cable management and a good 30 minute spirited drive and they have all cleared!

But; let’s not talk too soon.
I will update further tomorrow after work.