N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 01-29-2020, 12:00 AM

As terry said, if the octane is there map 2 can be an option- logs will tell.

Map 6- let’s see how map 2 looks first.

The more supporting mods generally the easier / less stress on components

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2012 135i DCT
Default 02-02-2020, 10:00 PM

I was able to only get one quick one in today on map 2, duty bias 50 across the board, and new BMS intake:
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-02 12_39_24_Map-2.csv (16.3 KB, 50 views)
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-03-2020, 09:43 AM

Ideally we want to see a bit longer of a pull.

Bump your FOL up by 10 & try to get a better pull

2k to redline, 3rd gear, traction off.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Default 02-16-2020, 07:46 PM

Only one I could get today in between the rains:
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-16 15_32_08_Map-2.csv (6.5 KB, 49 views)
(#30)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-16-2020, 11:11 PM

This looks okay. Timing starts to drop off a bit up top & you can start to see some
Cylinder corrections too.

How does the car feel?

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Default 02-20-2020, 10:15 PM

Not bad at all. I never push it to redline during normal driving anyway, so I'm happy with your assessment.
So by timing dropping off a bit, you mean that avg ign dips below the 1.2 it started with? And by corrections, what should I be looking for?
(#32)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-22-2020, 09:34 AM

I generally tell people to look for big drops in timing (ign_1) - 2-3* drops and do the same when looking at cyl 2-6.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Exclamation 03-05-2020, 10:31 PM

I was just messing around on some twisties today and changed menu 11 from its 1000 position to 2500 and 3000, which is where the problems began.

With all else unchanged from earlier settings, switching from 1 to 3 on menu 11 pushed me way over the boost safety. I was seeing 21psi and feeling it cut out. I obviously couldn't/wouldn't get a good log of this, but I've attached a quick one to show.

I'd been using 1 on menu 11 for more linear boost, which is probably good for the track, but I think I'd like to bump that one up to 2.5 or 3 simply to increase the useable fun factor. What changes should I make right now until I can get some real pulls done?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-05 16_24_23_Map-2.csv (6.0 KB, 45 views)
(#34)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-08-2020, 11:07 AM

I’d just make the changes you prefer / car likes & tweak from there.

I personally never messed much with menu 11, but it’s all user preference and application

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Default 08-17-2020, 10:33 AM

Hey Dave, it's been a few months and I wanted to check in on logs.

I've got a couple from Map 1 and just a single Map 2, and I'm still seeing some boost weirdness from 3200-3800 RPM. I've reduced Menu 11 back down to 11 because I don't want to deal with overboosting.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M1_R1_200816_171235-MAP_1.csv (9.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv P5_M1_R1_200816_173331-MAP_1.csv (10.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv P5_M2_R1_200816_173918-MAP_2.csv (8.5 KB, 17 views)
(#36)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-17-2020, 07:25 PM

How does the car feel?

Which map do you drive the car on more, 1?

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 11:06 AM

I can feel the dip in power and it correcting itself down low. I saw another n55 owner in the BEF thread having the same issues.
1.) Any thoughts as to what's happening?
2.) How does the rest of the log look to you?

I had been using Map 2 but have recently gotten a little spooked about clutch wear on the DCT at those power levels, so I backed down to Map 1.

3.) Can you speak to line pressure and calculated torque on the BMS BEF 9E60B_PUMP for my car? I don't *think* I've felt any slipping but from what I've read, once you've glazed those clutches -- you're done.

I ran half a tank with zero e85 (just Shell 92oct) and Map 1, but the car felt like complete ****. Now I'm back to about e25.
(#38)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-20-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoPsam
I can feel the dip in power and it correcting itself down low. I saw another n55 owner in the BEF thread having the same issues.
1.) Any thoughts as to what's happening?
2.) How does the rest of the log look to you?

I had been using Map 2 but have recently gotten a little spooked about clutch wear on the DCT at those power levels, so I backed down to Map 1.

3.) Can you speak to line pressure and calculated torque on the BMS BEF 9E60B_PUMP for my car? I don't *think* I've felt any slipping but from what I've read, once you've glazed those clutches -- you're done.

I ran half a tank with zero e85 (just Shell 92oct) and Map 1, but the car felt like complete ****. Now I'm back to about e25.
TBH your logs looked pretty clean.

I believe X-HP offers something for DCT guys / trans flashing options- it might be worth looking into or at least an email to see what type of support there is.

I'd stick w. the better fuel.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Default 08-23-2020, 02:01 PM

Yeah, xHP released a DCT tune, but it's like $500 all in. What I'm asking for is your thoughts on calc_torque and line pressure in my JB4 logs, and the relation to the BEF provided by BMS.

Also, you haven't said anything about the boost dip and subsequent correction at lower RPM. What's the deal with that?
(#40)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-24-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Yeah, xHP released a DCT tune, but it's like $500 all in. What I'm asking for is your thoughts on calc_torque and line pressure in my JB4 logs, and the relation to the BEF provided by BMS.

Also, you haven't said anything about the boost dip and subsequent correction at lower RPM. What's the deal with that?
Still using just 93?

I see the dip in timing on onset, but I also see a drop in timing in the 5-6 & 6k+ rpm range as well.

Do you have access to any e85? I'm thinking if you just have 93- 1 -1.5 gallons of e85 may help clean up both the low end correction & the issue up top.

As far as our BEF / maps- they're all open, if you are comfortable go into tunerpro & you can modify torque any tables you see fit.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 08-24-2020, 11:32 AM

Never ran 93. Straight 92 on map 1 felt bad enough that I wouldn't feel comfortable logging. These recent logs are from e20-25 (10ish gallons 92 octane + 2ish gal e85)
(#42)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-26-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Never ran 93. Straight 92 on map 1 felt bad enough that I wouldn't feel comfortable logging. These recent logs are from e20-25 (10ish gallons 92 octane + 2ish gal e85)
Any idea on the ethanol content at the pump?

Burger Motorsports