N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Audi A3 1.4 TFSI
Default Audi A3 1.4 TFSI 2015 Aut EA211 - new install - 08-04-2020, 08:32 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a Audi A3 1.4 TFSI 2015 automatic 7 speed Stronic. The only mod was K&N inbox filter.

Just received my JB4, group 10, specific for my engine. The unit is a little different from those designed for MK7 2.0 motors. It has 2 cables, instead of 3, which has same shape so you need to read the manual carefully to avoid swapping the cables.

One additional detail is there is one red wire to connect to the fuse box and supply 12v for the unit. This step was not on the manual, but George quickly replied my e-mail, sending a pic of where I should connect.

Other than that, my engine bay is a little simple than the 2.0 models, so the JB4 unit fit next to the battery. There is no need to tap any wire on the vehicle, which makes easier to remove.

When I finished connecting everything, I turned on the engine and no errors or lights appeared on the dashboard. The map 1 was already selected. I usually drive on D or S when I want to go a little faster and with JB4, even on regular D, for sure the car's HP increased.

I could not get a long free street to properly test WOT, but even driving to work, you can feel the difference.

I'm going to put some pictures of the engine bay, were I connected the cables, etc.. to try to help some future users.

As soon as possible, I'll add down pipe and run the car on a dyno to measure the difference..

So far, loving JB4..

Take care,
Everton

Last edited by evertonp; 08-04-2020 at 08:53 AM..
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 08-04-2020, 11:55 AM

Happy you enjoying it.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo