N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 335i '07 Manual
Default Recommend brake setup for 335i (time attack racing) - 03-24-2019, 10:56 AM

I daily drive my E92 335i but ocassionally I like to track it as well

I have ST XT (KW V2) suspension & EBC turbo grooved discs with Ferodo Racing DS2500 pads (& motul RBF660 + SS brake lines).

My issues is that the cars apparently is heavy and goes through pads at insane levels (like 150kms / 100 miles).

What options do I have to upgrade the brakes and increase their life? Before I used to have E46 330i which I use the same way and its pad survive 3 times longer...

Any suggestions for good discs/pads combo? Maybe also for some reasonable upgrade (maybe BBK) but not in the 5k $ zone?

Currently I'm considering to try the next set of pads to be DS3000 which are not entire street pads but I have a friend with them and they seems to be fine on the street as well. Their downside is that I've read they go through set of discs pretty quickly (operation temperature from 200 degrees while on the DS2500 is from 50).

E92 335i, 2007, manual
Mfactory helical LSD, ST XA Coilovers, EBC Grooved Discs + Yellowstuff pads + Goodridge lines, 313 Performance wheels, OEM turbos
JB4 + Rev3, MHD JB4 BEF, BMS Clutch stop, Custom ©atless dоwnpipes, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF CP + Tial BOV, VRSF OEM Silicone inlets + OCC, Yokohama AD08R, BMS CDV
396 whp, 639 wnm (471 ft lb) 93-95 Pump gas, no meth, no ethanol