N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default UK MOT - Need Advice / Help If Running A C'less DP - 01-30-2016, 05:39 AM

Car - As per signature

So, I'm looking at replacing the stock DP with a c'less version and was wondering what potential issues this may cause. The 3 which immediately spring to mind are:-

1. Appearance - does the car look like it has a c'ted DP?
2. Passing emission test(s)
3. Car will throw a CEL

One thing I'm not sure about though is does the UK have any tests similar to some other countries where, during the MOT, they test for readiness / codes. If Y then point 3 above is a problem, if N then 3 is OK. Does anyone know if we have some type for readiness / code test as part of the UK MOT?

For point 1 I'm thinking a c'less DP could be purchased which looks v similar to a c'ted DP so I'm hoping visually it will be OK but was wondering if I'm missing anything when considering this?

The big one, I think, is point 2 . A couple of ideas spring to mind - load the car up with Bioethanol. Running a v high % (as it burns leaner than fuel) will hopefully lower emissions plus, load a BEF with fuel banks / scalars adjusted to run super lean at idle and 2500 rpm (which I think is the rpm used to perform the test) may help. Obviously the car would not be run / pushed with this map and it would simply be used for MOT purposes. Will this work??????

Would really appreciate some thoughts / input as the only other option looks like it could be swopping out the c'less DP whenever the MOT is due - bit of a pita

[SIZE="2"]UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT
[B]
JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s | KW3 Coilovers
(#2)
Old

Car: 2015 f30 335 xDrive | Pure Stage 2 | jB4 | Enzo Performance tuned |
Default 01-30-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
Car - As per signature

So, I'm looking at replacing the stock DP with a c'less version and was wondering what potential issues this may cause. The 3 which immediately spring to mind are:-

1. Appearance - does the car look like it has a c'ted DP?
2. Passing emission test(s)
3. Car will throw a CEL

One thing I'm not sure about though is does the UK have any tests similar to some other countries where, during the MOT, they test for readiness / codes. If Y then point 3 above is a problem, if N then 3 is OK. Does anyone know if we have some type for readiness / code test as part of the UK MOT?

For point 1 I'm thinking a c'less DP could be purchased which looks v similar to a c'ted DP so I'm hoping visually it will be OK but was wondering if I'm missing anything when considering this?

The big one, I think, is point 2 . A couple of ideas spring to mind - load the car up with Bioethanol. Running a v high % (as it burns leaner than fuel) will hopefully lower emissions plus, load a BEF with fuel banks / scalars adjusted to run super lean at idle and 2500 rpm (which I think is the rpm used to perform the test) may help. Obviously the car would not be run / pushed with this map and it would simply be used for MOT purposes. Will this work??????

Would really appreciate some thoughts / input as the only other option looks like it could be swopping out the c'less DP whenever the MOT is due - bit of a pita
It looks stock. No way to tell you deleted ***.
You may or may not pass emissions depending on location. Chances are you will not due to the much much stronger smell of gas coming from your exhaust.
It will definitely throw a check engine light. If you get it cleared it will come back. Only way to avoid it is a flash or a jb4

2015 f30 335 xDrive | Pure Stage 2 | DV+ upgrade | custom inlet | BMS meth injection | FBO w/ custom intake | M performance exhaust| jB4 boost/meth control | Stage 2 Lpfp
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 11-06-2016, 05:02 AM

Thought it was worth updating the post as the car's just had it's MOT and passed with a c'less DP.

Here's the readings Vs last year:-

Natural Idle

CO: 0.01

Fast Idle

CO: 0.01
HC: 56ppm
Lambda: 1.00

Natural Idle

CO: 0.00

Fast Idle

CO: 0.17
HC: 129ppm
Lambda: 0.99

Not sure if it made a difference, but I flashed a BEF which had the car running super lean at the test RPMs and upped the E to 84%

[SIZE="2"]UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT
[B]
JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s | KW3 Coilovers