N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#6176)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 10-21-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSU
finally got fuel wires installed and did a map 2 log.

let me know how it looks, thanks again guys!
Timing looks good on all the pulls. On the map 5 pulls your trims are maxed for much of the pull and AFR is slightly on the lean side. Maybe back down to map 4 and see if trims/AFR looks better.
(#6177)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-21-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
Timing looks good on all the pulls. On the map 5 pulls your trims are maxed for much of the pull and AFR is slightly on the lean side. Maybe back down to map 4 and see if trims/AFR looks better.
map 5? i did a few map 5 pulls but they werent showing up on the app. where do you see that? sorry i know thats a dumb question but where i normally see my logs on the app it showed 1 for map 2

2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
(#6178)
Old

Default 10-21-2021, 11:37 AM

I open the csv file in excel so the entire log is easy to review. You switched to Map 5 at time stamp 198.25.
(#6179)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-21-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
I open the csv file in excel so the entire log is easy to review. You switched to Map 5 at time stamp 198.25.
wow im an idiot LOL. thanks JCB.

map 2 and 3 feel really good! i'll try a map 4 log soon as well. those fuel wires...i wasnt expecting a difference but was pleasantly surprised.

2019 Q50 Silver Sport
JB4
(#6180)
Old

Default 10-21-2021, 12:36 PM

You are new to this and just learning the app and how to read the logs. I was in the same place a year or so ago. Hell I even asked what settings would give me the best gas mileage on here. Users at the time politely told me that I was in the wrong place if that was my concern!
(#6181)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50S
Default 10-21-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Lewis
Are you referring to the log I posted?
Yes, that chart
(#6182)
Old

Car: 18 Q50 RS
Default 10-22-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentQ
Yes, that chart
I email myself the logs and open in Excel. Once in Excel, I just shift around the columns in the order I want them in, hide or delete rows/columns I don't care about, and add some conditional formatting for the coloring. I feel like the coloring really makes it easy on the eyes and it also helps illustrate any sudden spikes or dips.

I would be happy to format any logs if anyone ever wants them done, just reach out, either on here, or the Q50 forums!
(#6183)
Old

Car: 2019 INFINITI Q60 Luxe
Default 10-22-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
The Map 0 log looked great except for one anomaly - at time stamp 37 the timing goes to 0.5 from 11 in the previous time stamp. It immediately goes back to looking great. Have not seen that before so hope that is just a fluke.

Map 2 log - Timing looks great to me. Concern is that fuel trim is maxed for much of the pull. In 3rd gear AFR looked a little lean. Later in the pull, AFR richened to what is normal to see without fuel wires.

Map 3 log - Timing looks good. Trims are not maxed as much as the map 2. The AFR is still a little lean in 3rd gear but it catches up to "normal" faster than the map 2 pull.

2nd Map 3 pull - looks great except for another timing anomaly at timestamp 638.75. Ign1 value dropped from 15 all the way down to 5.5. Usually a big sudden drop like that would indicate a knock event. The 15 seemed high to me though and 5.5 is not necessarily a bad number to see in the middle of a pull. Its just the sudden change in the value that is throwing me. The timing recovered quickly to 9.5 and looked normal to me the rest of the pull. Trims were high again but maxed less and AFR looks improved further.

I don't know what to recommend to you at this point. My novice advice would be to back down the E content slightly to help with the trims/AFR. Hope someone from BMS looks at this and can tell you if you should be concerned about the couple of timing anomalies.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I really appreciate the insights you offered. I am going to do another round of pulls next week when it's time to fill up go with more of an E30 mix. The E85 at my place is at 85% so I will get a better gauge of what I'm really running. Then when I do the pulls I'll make sure the ETC is off. I seem to remember Terry commenting that this makes a difference as it affects the ECU map. I might be wrong but lets see what they look like when the pulls are done properly.

Thanks for the feedback. I love my Q60! Coming from the FRS/BRZ/86 platform it is BRILLIANT to get that pushed into your seat feeling.