N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default Boost 0 please help - 09-07-2021, 03:04 AM

Hi,I have stinger 3.3 rwd, I installed new intercooler, after few race, on next day I was going to my work on stinger,
And did few acceleration , turbo was ok saw about 17.8 19 psi on jb4, after this I continue ride,
And on next crossroads tried to accelerate I saw some 2k rmp to 6 k with no boost and turbo stop working,
I write some log, after restart car everything is ok, but it's happened about 3 time today, please help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R6_210907_1228.csv (405.0 KB, 37 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 09-07-2021, 03:12 AM

Forgot about one thing, few days after install new intercooler, I got error 0049 and check engine light.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-07-2021, 10:43 AM

Near the end of your log, you're hitting boost of about 15psi on map 0.

Make sure all errors are cleared and then do a proper log on map 0 and 1, lets see how those look.

For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2K rpms to redline at wide open throttle.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-08-2021, 01:17 AM

Check engine light again 0049, got few logs, please suggest what's wrong
Idk how it's write the log but it's about 3 different times or 4, with map 0 1 2 with restart car after check engine with turbo off or low psi
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R15_210908_1001.csv (283.8 KB, 41 views)
(#5)
Old

Default 09-08-2021, 03:46 AM

As I saw when boost was about 0.2 bar it's was 6999 rmp but can't see it on log, and I think it's not ok if I have 3+ - 7k rmp and boost only 0.2, I'm abit scared about engine now after this heppend few times
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-08-2021, 10:28 AM

Most of the log looks normal but you are having the random issue of no boost on map 0 and 1. Were you clearing the error between each pull? The only thing I can suggest is to check your connections and JB4 board. Make sure there is no moisture and the connections are tight.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-08-2021, 11:40 AM

Only with map 0 got chech engine, after remove no check,
On map 2 it's feels like car can run much more acceleration ,but not doing it's feels so. Is it possible to run some adaptation for jb4 ?
And any way to do log with out manual shift ?

Last edited by Denys_Flexer; 09-08-2021 at 02:24 PM..
(#8)
Old

Default 09-09-2021, 04:56 AM

So it's repeat again I'm map 2 got pedal 100% down, got boost about 16 18psi, after it's feels like boost got cut off and something like breaker pedal pushed, and turbo go off no errors, continue ride with no boost on any rmp, I got blow off maybe there is some problem or new Wagner intercooler. Some auto log writed I think before it
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R3_210909_1405.csv (15.5 KB, 37 views)
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2021, 07:58 AM

Looks like a p0049 overboost fault, what mods? You'll likely need JB4 EWG connectors to dial down WGDC.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 09-09-2021, 08:07 AM

Rwd stinger 3.3 gt2, Down pipe, borla exhaust,turbosmart blow off, jb4 map2, Wagner intercooler, bsm intakes, diff brace, and alloy wheels with 285/35
(#11)
Old

Default 09-18-2021, 03:12 AM

Hello today installed ewg did few runs, turned on bit 6, got overboosted with default value ff, 2 last run I think I lower FF value to 40
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R9_210918_1149.csv (114.2 KB, 31 views)
(#12)
Old

Default 09-19-2021, 07:08 AM

And question do I need bit6 turn on or off I don't really understand what's for it ?
Previously I had some sucks ECU tune on base ECU, I asked to put back some default ECU settings to not broke car, I think they did is this my case ?

Last edited by Denys_Flexer; 09-20-2021 at 03:30 AM..
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2021, 07:11 AM

Bit6 is only if you're currently flashed with an ECU tune.

Either way if you continue to have over boost continue to lower FF. 35, 30, 25, etc as needed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.