JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#151)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 06-13-2018, 09:50 AM

This new batch from Phoenix has upgraded cores for all of the intercoolers we sell.

All 3 intercoolers on our site now have one of the best if not the best cores in the market. Can't wait to see reviews of the 5 inch N54/n55 intercooler and the F series N20/N55 intercooler.

I don't see why anyone would pay more for same or lesser quality intercooler.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#152)
Old

Car: BMW 335i N54
Default 06-14-2018, 02:24 AM

Wow they look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What are your end goals? I would just go for the bigger Phoenix, it won't hurt and will leave headroom for the future. I don't really see any intercooler competing with it for the quality and price.
The 5inch might be right for me after all. I plan on staying with stock turbo's for now. MHD Stage2+ max but i am also interested in the upcoming MHD FlexFuel solution.
Overall i do short pulls most often, but i also visit Germany often when i floor the car for a longer period. That is really the only reason why i'm looking at the larger (7inch) intercooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
What crap.
VRSF has not been delivering quality lately in both thier intercoolers (Dents,scratches, damaged fins) and down poipes (bad fitment)
There have been a lot of complains about this, usually on the more popular forums like E90post but because VRSF is a "Forum sponsor" or whatever, All critics and complains are deleted. Very bad way of doing business. It's an acknowledgement of thier after-sales support.
Not to mention the "sales" they have had in the past while there was no intercoolers in stock. People paid their money for a good deal up-fromt but where left waiting for thier IC for months! Really bad.

Last edited by Ballistic; 06-14-2018 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: Why is the word "p i p e s" not allowed :/
(#153)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 06-14-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic
Wow they look awesome!

The 5inch might be right for me after all. I plan on staying with stock turbo's for now. MHD Stage2+ max but i am also interested in the upcoming MHD FlexFuel solution.
Overall i do short pulls most often, but i also visit Germany often when i floor the car for a longer period. That is really the only reason why i'm looking at the larger (7inch) intercooler.

VRSF has not been delivering quality lately in both thier intercoolers (Dents,scratches, damaged fins) and down poipes (bad fitment)
There have been a lot of complains about this, usually on the more popular forums like E90post but because VRSF is a "Forum sponsor" or whatever, All critics and complains are deleted. Very bad way of doing business. It's an acknowledgement of thier after-sales support.
Not to mention the "sales" they have had in the past while there was no intercoolers in stock. People paid their money for a good deal up-fromt but where left waiting for thier IC for months! Really bad.
VRSF sent me the wrong ******** and wouldn't own up to it. It was an "old model" apparently but the fitment was total ****. I had to file a Paypal claim against them. I've bought a lot from them over the years but I'd rather burn my money than give them any more of it. Tiago is a total pain in the ass to deal with now.

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#154)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM

This 5inch with new core is awesome!
You should get it and post logs so we can see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic
Wow they look awesome!

The 5inch might be right for me after all.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-14-2018, 11:29 AM

They defininetly look very clean, you guys ditched the black paint :-)
(#156)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 06-14-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roywillems
They defininetly look very clean, you guys ditched the black paint :-)
Couldn't do a clean enough job on it. Silver looks much better.

Burger Motorsports

(#157)
Old

Default 06-14-2018, 11:57 AM

Are you going to make the race core also that clean?
(#158)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 06-14-2018, 12:03 PM

Yes.

Burger Motorsports

(#159)
Old

Default 06-14-2018, 12:05 PM

Than i got a race core for sale
(#160)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 06-14-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roywillems
Than i got a race core for sale
How much?

07 E90 335i 6mt
(#161)
Old

Car: '09 135i
Default 06-14-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
This new batch from Phoenix has upgraded cores for all of the intercoolers we sell.

All 3 intercoolers on our site now have one of the best if not the best cores in the market. Can't wait to see reviews of the 5 inch N54/n55 intercooler and the F series N20/N55 intercooler.

I don't see why anyone would pay more for same or lesser quality intercooler.

Looking forward to getting my 5" with that ever so pretty core for my e82 n54!
Will post review, if possible with direct, same day, log comparisons

1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD / xHP / DCI, PR CP & 7.5" Race IC / N55 mid & Borla
. . WL RSFI, Koni, Eibach & Dinan CP's, M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's

Last edited by 1and1; 06-14-2018 at 03:36 PM..
(#162)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-14-2018, 04:03 PM

Ahh. All the motivation I needed. This will be the fmic to go along with my ST kit and I will have a bolt on CX Racing kit for sale.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#163)
Old

Car: E90 LCI 335i
Default 06-15-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
This 5inch with new core is awesome!
You should get it and post logs so we can see
So the new 5 inch core has the same fin density as the race core ?

Some vendors on E90post were claiming it was barely a upgrade and not worth it when it initially came out.

I'll be FBO + Inlets but no intercooler. Been shopping around for the best option for my setup. Stock Turbos, Dual nozzle Meth, Spirited Driving mostly, moderate climate (Philly)
(#164)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 06-15-2018, 09:30 AM

That is correct. So the difference in Race version now is just it's massive size.

Anything over OEM intercooler is better. Those vendors can say whatever they like
We just now need more people to post logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#165)
Old

Car: '09 135i
Default 06-15-2018, 09:49 AM

What's particularly chuckle-worthy is that a stock replacement, at least for an n54 135, is ~$500 + shipping.

Yup, for my modest goals I'd pick up this 5" every time.
Oh, wait.... I did

1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD / xHP / DCI, PR CP & 7.5" Race IC / N55 mid & Borla
. . WL RSFI, Koni, Eibach & Dinan CP's, M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's
(#166)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1
What's particularly chuckle-worthy is that a stock replacement, at least for an n54 135, is ~$500 + shipping.

Yup, for my modest goals I'd pick up this 5" every time.
Oh, wait.... I did
So true! Compared to stock the old Phx IC was great and with these updates really second to none. The only complaint people can make is about the stock fittings which are 2" but that is more than enough for 500whp, and keeping the stock fittings makes it a true drop in replacement intercooler. Easy install.

For those who want the best possible flow we've got the Race IC with it's 3" fittings and soon will have a matching 3" J PIPE kit to match our 3" chargepipes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#167)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-15-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
So true! Compared to stock the old Phx IC was great and with these updates really second to none. The only complaint people can make is about the stock fittings which are 2" but that is more than enough for 500whp, and keeping the stock fittings makes it a true drop in replacement intercooler. Easy install.

For those who want the best possible flow we've got the Race IC with it's 3" fittings and soon will have a matching 3" J PIPE kit to match our 3" chargepipes.
What would that 3" J-pipe kit mean? What does it replace?
Does the "race" IC fit on "stock" CP/connections?
(#168)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-15-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Replaces stock plastic up pipe, or lower cold side charge pipe in other words.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#169)
Old

Car: BMW 335i N54
Default 06-15-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Anything over OEM intercooler is better. Those vendors can say whatever they like
We just now need more people to post logs.
Send me a discount code and i'll order one right away
(#170)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
The factory connection point is 2.5", and the intercooler includes couplers to reuse the factory 2.5" Jpipe. The new 3" pipe which has some photos posted in this thread takes everything up to 3" all the way through. Tight fit but good way to go with larger turbos.

Burger Motorsports

(#171)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 06-17-2018, 09:56 AM

Guys, I'm in some serious need of help. Got the new 5" Phoenix intercooler. Got the old one out, but having a hell of a time figuring out how to transfer the c-clips. No documentation, and there are not any external notches on the piping similar to how the OEM one has. How do you attach the C-clips to the new FMIC?

Car is my DD and its sitting in pieces until I can get this sorted.

OEM

Phoenix

Last edited by milfriez; 06-17-2018 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: photo resize
(#172)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 10:38 AM

I don't see the clip in your photo. Missing it?

Burger Motorsports

(#173)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't see the clip in your photo. Missing it?
I have the clips. But if you look on the OEM, there is a notch on the external side where the clip seats into.

On the Phoenix, there is no external notch, so there is no way for it to lock in?
(#174)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 10:48 AM

None of your photos show the clip. The clip just snaps in like stock. If you wind up needing additional help just email in to our tech support. I don't have photos at home but I've installed plenty of them and they always snap in like stock. There is a grove all the way around the clip slips over.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 10:52 AM