N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: B46 F56S
Default No meth Map 3. Meth working Map 1?? - 09-16-2018, 12:46 PM

Interesting situation.

Meth stopped flowing on Map 3. Well on some random pulls it would turn on, but most of them no meth.

Map 1 on the other hand flows meth every single time. (Meth Trigger = 1).

Took these logs after lowering Min Flow Boost to 6psi. Still have issues.

Cooper S F56.

JB4. BMS Meth kit. DevilsOwn Size 7 Nozzle.

See attachments for logs.

Thank you in advance
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (129.3 KB, 26 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 03:14 PM

Attach the CSV files to the post directly, not in a zip folder.

Opened one or two, don't see what your issue is. Photo of the WMI user adjustment settings?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-18-2018, 06:49 AM

Map 1 and 2 flow meth perfectly fine.

Map 3 (meth map) stopped flowing meth completely for some reason. Or has random spikes of meth flow on occasion.

Out of precaution, I rewired the entire system for more reliable connections. Same issues unfortunately.

Must be something on the software side.

Thoughts?

Logs and settings attached.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 3 no flow.csv (9.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: csv Map 3 random flow.csv (6.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: csv Map 2.csv (8.7 KB, 17 views)
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-18-2018, 07:02 PM

What about meth trigger = 0, does map3 meth work consistently then?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 09-19-2018, 08:37 AM

Negative Sir.

Meth Trigger = 0. Still does not flow Map 3.

Meth Trigger = 1. Flows properly on Map 1 and 2. Not 3.

I would suspect some bugs in the MINI software. Also, when I let off throttle, AFR goes to 3.8 all the time. Don't think this is correct either.

Log attached.

Thoughts? Thank you
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 3.8 afr.csv (8.7 KB, 20 views)
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2018, 11:11 AM

AFR is correct when letting off gas as fuel is cut off. It's only valid under normal load levels.

Found a bug in the firmware. Try this.
Attached Files
File Type: hex MINI_B38_B48_OBDII_5_TEST1.hex (67.5 KB, 31 views)

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 09-20-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
AFR is correct when letting off gas as fuel is cut off. It's only valid under normal load levels.

Found a bug in the firmware. Try this.
Seems to be working fine now. Had 1 time where it didn't flow. Changed Min Flow PSI from 7 to 6. So far so good.

Trying to figure out boost. Boost Additive is at 65 and looks like I only get about 12psi. Unless I am reading it wrong.. (Logs attached)

Is it possible to do Map 3 as Map 1 boost levels and Boost Additive value ads on top of that?

With a tune I was running around 22psi (probably not reliable imo). I'd like to be around 16-18psi with JB4 if possible.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 3 3rd.csv (7.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv Map 3 4th.csv (9.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv Map 3 Gears.csv (11.9 KB, 19 views)
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 01:18 PM

The target is around 15psi, but without an EWG connector to drive boost to target it's going to make whatever the factory dutycycle tables allow.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The target is around 15psi, but without an EWG connector to drive boost to target it's going to make whatever the factory dutycycle tables allow.
I know its hard to install. But I can do it.

Can I buy the EWG connector? Or is it not available for MINI?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 02:32 PM

We have not done much work on that front. A few have bought them, then ever hear back on anything.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 02:53 PM

Will the software auto adjust if I connect it? Or do I need new firmware?

Will "JB4 F Series EWG Add On Connector BMW B48/B58" work? I can figure out how to install and report back with logs and such.

Will order today if you confirm it works. Thank you.
(#12)
Old
Jay1312

Car: BMW 320i and M5
Default 09-23-2018, 03:20 PM

Can we update to this firmware test 1 attached or is it specific to the meth issue. I am in the process of installing meth awaiting charge ***** for the grand tourer. EWG does work on the b38/b48 ; may improve low end torque as in my case.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2018, 06:05 PM

Yes anyone can load the test firmware if they are having a WMI issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 09-24-2018, 01:34 AM

Still a few occasional runs with no flow. Changed min boost to 4psi and seems more reliable for now.

Can I order EWG Connector? Or bad idea?