JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default Boost going over Boost Failsafe on Map 5 - 05-16-2021, 03:24 AM

Hi

I am in the process of installing FMIC, Chargepipe and ********. I already have cooler plugs and new eldor coils but something is going on with fuel. I keep getting 11A002 Fuel pressure below target when on map 5. But.... I am assuming I am getting this because Boost is going over 25? I have my Boost Safe setting at 20 so I am not sure why I am reaching values of 25?

The attached is not a WOT just general driving but I am getting a bit worried about boost exceeding boost failsafe of 20 PSI.

I have the 3.5 Bar TMAP sensor

F10 N55 535i

Any ideas of why boost is exceeding failsafe and is in excess of 25 something I should be worried about? I am guessing yes..

Thanks

Ben
Attached Files
File Type: csv P12_M5_R4_210515_1510.csv (13.5 KB, 111 views)

F10 535i N55 PWG JB4 with Bluetooth
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-17-2021, 10:42 AM

You're overboosting and running lean so you get kicked to map 4. My guess is that you have a hardware issue causing you to go to full boost. Stuck wastegate, wastegate hitting something... ???

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 05-18-2021, 05:59 AM

Hi Steve

Thanks for your feedback. I thought boost failsafe was meant to stop boost going past the 20psi ceiling in my case? I am not getting errors with regards to wastegate (not sure if I am meant to) but after I install FMIC, DP and Charge pipe I will take it to a decent shop to give it the once over before running map 5 again.

Thanks

Ben

F10 535i N55 PWG JB4 with Bluetooth
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2021, 09:03 AM

If there's a hardware issue and the wastegate isn't modulating boost, there isn't much the JB4 can do. This will likely happen on every map, including map 0.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2015 435i xdrive gran coupe
Default 05-19-2021, 10:04 AM

Boost failsafe is the limit you set for the jb4 to kick you to the safety map. If you exceed the set value for more than a couple seconds, it will send you to map 4.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435gc
Boost failsafe is the limit you set for the jb4 to kick you to the safety map. If you exceed the set value for more than a couple seconds, it will send you to map 4.
You are correct IF the JB4/DME have control over boost. In this case it doesn't appear they do.