Is it better than meth setup?
(#377)
Old

Car: Bmw 340i
Default 10-23-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes CPI is the real difference maker!
Is it better than meth setup and are the power numbers similar I havenít seen any dynos with cpi kits
(#378)
Old

Car: F30 340i / E70 X5-35i
Default 10-28-2019, 08:22 AM

Well - I was going hard on the commute into the office and I actually got a vehicle code "drivetrain malfunction" vs. JB4 switching from Map 7 to Map 8 (due to fuel pressure). Error was:

CDB309 No Description Found
10C155 No Description Found
11A002 Fuel Pressure Below Target

Turned car off and back on, cleared the code and went on my way with no issue.

I had about 3-4 times last week where the JB4 would switch from Map 7 (WMI) to Map 8 (safety map) due to "Last Safety" = 3 - Fuel Pressure Low.

I'm debating using an MHD OTS Map, but does anyone know how I can get my JB4 to solely control Meth or will everything just work? I guess, is there a way that I set the JB4 to NOT be my engine management/tuning device, but MHD is, and then I use just the JB4 for WMI Control?

Are there any updates/improvements to the BMS Maps coming that might help fix this issue?

This was a tank with basically all 93 OCT, might have been 0.5-1gal of remaining E85 in there.

Fuel Pressure errors are starting to get a bit annoying, maybe I need to lower my boost additive in WMI settings to 60-65 vs. 70.

Anyone have any thoughts? I want to go faster, but I think I'm all out of bolt-on's to do.

| 2016 BMW 340i | M-Sport |
| CG Catted + AWE | BMS Intake | FTP Turbo Inlet + CP | JB4 + MHD BEF | XHP Stage 3 | BMS Meth Kit | VP M1
(#379)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 10-28-2019, 09:20 PM

As a WMI controller, you should be able to just put additive to zero or a low number with everything else the same. That makes WMI active, but no boost added. Terry or Payam can confirm.

An additive of 70 is the highest I've seen on stock turbo. Are you hitting target? If not, drop it down and use the EGW bias to bring boost closer to target and back in range of what level you want.

For me, additive 50 asks for about 21-22psi. I hit about 19-20 with no closures since everything is happy. Good luck, post up logs if you want more assistance.
(#380)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default 10-29-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Timing is taking a real beating here on map4 with your fuel so don't run that... Let's see a longer run on map1.

2018-M140i, 300 mesh exhaust,
MHD BEF(RACE_3), 95 RON gas,

Terry, please check the log. Thank you very much.
I want to know, Which map,Suitable for my existing fuel.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-30 07_58_19_Map-1.csv (13.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-30 08_00_27_Map-1.csv (16.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Musewhale; 10-29-2019 at 05:59 PM..
(#381)
Old

Car: 340i 2016
Smile 10-31-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryClub007
Well - I was going hard on the commute into the office and I actually got a vehicle code "drivetrain malfunction" vs. JB4 switching from Map 7 to Map 8 (due to fuel pressure). Error was:

CDB309 No Description Found
10C155 No Description Found
11A002 Fuel Pressure Below Target

Turned car off and back on, cleared the code and went on my way with no issue.

I had about 3-4 times last week where the JB4 would switch from Map 7 (WMI) to Map 8 (safety map) due to "Last Safety" = 3 - Fuel Pressure Low.

I'm debating using an MHD OTS Map, but does anyone know how I can get my JB4 to solely control Meth or will everything just work? I guess, is there a way that I set the JB4 to NOT be my engine management/tuning device, but MHD is, and then I use just the JB4 for WMI Control?

Are there any updates/improvements to the BMS Maps coming that might help fix this issue?

This was a tank with basically all 93 OCT, might have been 0.5-1gal of remaining E85 in there.

Fuel Pressure errors are starting to get a bit annoying, maybe I need to lower my boost additive in WMI settings to 60-65 vs. 70.

Anyone have any thoughts? I want to go faster, but I think I'm all out of bolt-on's to do.
hi...my car was doing the same thing and getting the exact same codes..CDB309 keeps coming up and throwing the car into limp mode. i bought MHD stage 2 and no codes or limp mode since.
(#382)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340iX
Default Affect on MHD by Warrantee DEM update - 11-07-2019, 10:10 AM

BMW has required an update on my DEM software. If I had the MHD flash installed, what would the update do to the MHD flash? Would,I need to remove it first and then reinstall it after the update?

Thank you

2017 340iX with M track handling package, 6 speed manual, BMS intake, and JB4 piggyback; EWG and FP wires; 93 octane; and fun with Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#383)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340i 6sp
Default 11-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Hello all, new to these forums as I recently made the move from a 335d to the 340i. I recently ordered all the stuff required for stage 2 with meth (er ******* ********, jb4 with BT, and their wmi kit with all the fixings). My plan is to run those with a MHD BEF and as I was reading this I saw several of you have basically the same setup. I was wondering if any of you were local to me in NJ 07936 area? Just curious if I ran into any issues or questions one fellow car guy can help out another.
(#384)
Old

Default 11-07-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboh
BMW has required an update on my DEM software. If I had the MHD flash installed, what would the update do to the MHD flash? Would,I need to remove it first and then reinstall it after the update?

Thank you
Yeup... Go back to stock flash and disconnect JB4 from OBD. Should be good from there. After dealer service, put it all back. Easy peasy.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
Boostane Additive (95-96 Octane)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#385)
Old

Default 11-08-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
Yeup... Go back to stock flash and disconnect JB4 from OBD. Should be good from there. After dealer service, put it all back. Easy peasy.
Thanks!

Still debating the MHD. Not sure if I would be better off with WMI instead.

Suggestion?

Alex

2017 340iX with M track handling package, 6 speed manual, BMS intake, and JB4 piggyback; EWG and FP wires; 93 octane; and fun with Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#386)
Old

Default 11-09-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks!

Suggestion?

Alex
Our cars really need the flash for maximum tuning. It removes certain limiters and gives more control. The next hurdle is fuel. Whether WMI or CPI, you'll need another source to maximize boost and unlock this car's potential.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#387)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

Suggestion?

Alex
They address different things. Even with our BEF you're still going to benefit from the extra octane, cooling, and fuel volume of WMI.

What fuel are are you using? Pump or do you have easy E85 access?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#388)
Old

Car: 2018 X3 M40i
Default 11-11-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Our cars really need the flash for maximum tuning. It removes certain limiters and gives more control. The next hurdle is fuel. Whether WMI or CPI, you'll need another source to maximize boost and unlock this car's potential.
I'm curious if anyone know's the extent of how much of those limits are removed. I interpret it as with the JB4 alone fueling limits are one restriction but with the BEF how much does that unlock the fuel limits since it seems as if you hit that ceiling again pretty quickly, hence the need for WMI or CPI.

Asking b/c without BEF I can run Map 2 with 92 gas, just fine but jumping to Map 3 (+6psi) my trims max out and I'm not hitting targets, even with mixing in 2G of E85. Just wondering if the BEF alone will let me run +6psi safely. I'm not looking to get nuts with WMI or CPI, yet at least. I've been waiting till my warranty expires before taking the plunge but I think I might just scratch the itch and flash already.

Ron
2018 X3 M40i | JB4 map 2 on 92 pump
(#389)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2019, 04:16 PM

The BEF lets you run more E85 than you can run JB4 only, but you will hit a limiter eventually and require hardware updates. Overall if you don't mind the risks of flashing and want to use E85, I'd say go for it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#390)
Old

Default 11-11-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
They address different things. Even with our BEF you're still going to benefit from the extra octane, cooling, and fuel volume of WMI.

What fuel are are you using? Pump or do you have easy E85 access?
I run 93 only. The JB4 map 6 at 5.5 psi flat appear to really kick nicely and deliver around 400 hp but lacks smoothness. So, if I like what I have, will the BEF do better? WMI is ok but I do live in the cold region so high ambient temps are around 70-80 F and fairly infrequent. I would love to see some dyno results.

Appreciate your input.

Alex

(#391)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I run 93 only. The JB4 map 6 at 5.5 psi flat appear to really kick nicely and deliver around 400 hp but lacks smoothness. So, if I like what I have, will the BEF do better? WMI is ok but I do live in the cold region so high ambient temps are around 70-80 F and fairly infrequent. I would love to see some dyno results.

Appreciate your input.

Alex
The BEF smooths things out and boosts torque, all in all it is a good next step if you want more than you can do JB4 only.

Burger Motorsports

(#392)
Old

Default 11-12-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
The BEF smooths things out and boosts torque, all in all it is a good next step if you want more than you can do JB4 only.
I will look more closely at BEF. Thank you.

Alex

(#393)
Old

Car: 340i xDrive MPPSK
Default 11-16-2019, 09:15 PM

Alright I really tried to figure this out without throwing the 'I'm ****ing lost' flag but I'm ****ing lost. Seems like there are a few versions of instructions on this process out there and some seem older than others and are contradictory.
Here's where I'm at:
-I've completed the JB4 firmware update via the cell/bluetooth connection.
-I've downloaded the MHD app and paid the $249 license fee
-I've downloaded the latest MHD-JB4 backend flash file and unzipped it using Win Zip. This resulted in 6 files labeled- B58_Stock.bin, B58.xdf, JB4_B58_e85_3.bin, JB4_B58_e85_WMI, JB4_B58_RACE_3.bin, and JB4_B58_RACE_WMI_3.bin

One of the older sticky threads says I need to "go into the JB4 app settings tab, read only tab, find the correct version of your car, IJEOS or I8AOS" because I'll need that later to determine the correct Backend Flash file. Well there is no read only tab in the JB4 app settings and those alpha-numeric designations don't seem to correlate to any of the 6 files I have to choose from. Is this a step I can ignore now?

I just don't want to set up the charger and initiate the flash and get to a step I don't understand or don't know which file to select.

For reference, the car is a 2016 340i xDrive MPPSK. I'm running ******* ** and intake and plan to use the BEF to move to an E50 or E60 blend with 93 octane.

If I had to guess, I'm assuming it's the JB4_B58_e85_3.bin file I want to flash but I do NOT want to guess.

Can anyone advise or direct me to more updated instructions that apply to my vehicle? Most of the YT videos I've watched are older 335's and so the file and firmware info is incorrect so they aren't any help.
(#394)
Old

Default 11-16-2019, 11:47 PM

Simple...
1) Disconnect JB4 OBD2 connecter. (May not be needed, but won't hurt)
2) Update JB4 Firmware to latest... Should be V14.
3) Set FUD bit6 to on in the JB4 settings. JB4 then knows you're on a flash tune.
4) Flash your car with appropriate tune using the "back end flash" option. You mentioned using E85 so go with that one.
5) Reconnect the JB4 OBD connector.
6) Set JB4 to map 1.
7) Drive the car and get some pulls in, get a log and email it to Terry@burgertuning.com. He'll assist from there.

That's all there is to it. Hope this helps.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#395)
Old

Default 11-18-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Simple...
1) Disconnect JB4 OBD2 connecter. (May not be needed, but won't hurt)
2) Update JB4 Firmware to latest... Should be V14.
3) Set FUD bit6 to on in the JB4 settings. JB4 then knows you're on a flash tune.
4) Flash your car with appropriate tune using the "back end flash" option. You mentioned using E85 so go with that one.
5) Reconnect the JB4 OBD connector.
6) Set JB4 to map 1.
7) Drive the car and get some pulls in, get a log and email it to Terry@burgertuning.com. He'll assist from there.

That's all there is to it. Hope this helps.
Thank you!! This worked.
For anyone else reading this in the future, in the latest JB4 revision, the "Future Use D" section isn't clearly called out. You just click "View" next to "Options" under Future Use A and then select the 6th unlabeled option to "ON".
Just about drove myself crazy trying to find a section called Future Use D.
(#396)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme
Alright I really tried to figure this out without throwing
Not quite sure where the confusion is. The only directions that are relevant are what we have in the first post. If something is missing there let me know so we can update it!

You start with the RACE BEF usually unless you plan to use lots of E85 then start with the E85 BEF.

Burger Motorsports

(#397)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Thank you!! This worked.
For anyone else reading this in the future, in the latest JB4 revision, the "Future Use D" section isn't clearly called out. You just click "View" next to "Options" under Future Use A and then select the 6th unlabeled option to "ON".
Yes that has been changed in newer app versions! I'll update the first post to make sure it's clear.

Burger Motorsports

(#398)
Old

Default 11-18-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Thank you!! This worked.
I don't use Bluetooth for JB4, I use my laptop. The laptop software shows FUD options clearly and, as you cycle through them, each bit provides details as to what it does. Apologies for any confusion there. Glad you got it sorted.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65)
(#399)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Not quite sure where the confusion is. The only directions that are relevant are what we have in the first post. If something is missing there let me know so we can update it!

You start with the RACE BEF usually unless you plan to use lots of E85 then start with the E85 BEF.
I think part of the confusion is that the MHD app has a PDF user guide in the app that includes a specific JB4-MHD flashing flowchart section towards the back. It's actually a cut and paste of a sticky made by Forum Member Chris, LCVETTE. It's mostly correct, but it references looking for the 'correct version of your car, IJEOS or I8AOS', which I've since gathered is an N54 or N55 reference and doesn't apply to B58.
You're supposed to use this info to select the correct MHD flash file, but it doesn't match up with the latest B58 file names, so it's definitely confusing.

All's well in the end, I should have referenced this page only and ignored other info from the MHD app/other forums. I do recommend that MHD update their PDF. Their list of supported engines doesn't even mention B58 anywhere.
Thx
T.