N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW X5 50i
Default Map6 removed for the n63? - 05-07-2021, 03:06 PM

E70 n63 firmware and app no longer allows me to choose map 6, only maps 0-3. Why was this changed? Also now it's not possible to use as wmi controller?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-10-2021, 12:25 PM

Unfortunately that's an old unsupported platform. I'd suggest sticking with your old firmware and not updating to the newer firmware as your platform won't be considered/tested in those updates. Sorry.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-10-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Unfortunately that's an old unsupported platform. I'd suggest sticking with your old firmware and not updating to the newer firmware as your platform won't be considered/tested in those updates. Sorry.
I didn't update the firmware when the option was removed. Everything was working fine, then something was changed on the app and the options for map 6 & 7 disappeared.

And if it's not supported anymore then why remove functions and honestly AND WHY does BMS still sell it for the n63 E70 on their website? That's pretty screwed up Steve, sell something but don't offer any support for it. I used to be a fan of BMS, but after this, I can no longer recommend a company that actively lists a product on their website for sale but could give a crap about supporting it. I hope Terry reads this too, this is complete BS and just plain bad business and it will catch up to your company.

Listen, I don't expect BMS to do much with this platform, I know it incredibly small fraction of your customer base but WHAT I DO EXPECT is for the product not to be continually degraded and downgraded from when I purchased it. I bought this to run custom map6 and to use as a WMI controller and control the wastegates. First BMS pulled support for the wastegate conroller making the extra money I spent on that usesless...Fine whatever I know the n63 can be difficult... but now at random map 6 and wmi support has been removed without any reason and you tell me "sorry ya we don't support it but we still sell it for the E70 N63". This crosses the line, you guys must be doing amazing business to treat your customers this way. BMS could at least be HONEST and to list this on your website that "no support and random downgrades will happen at anytime after purchase whenever BMS feels like it". At least your customers will know what they are getting into before they purchase.

Needless to say I am more this a little pissed. I finally got down into the 11's and with this change I can longer run the higher boost that map6 allowed and now have to buy a separate wmi controller. All of this done at random with no reason. Great job BMS.

Last edited by SR1975; 05-10-2021 at 01:58 PM..
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2021, 03:07 PM

To be frank, I'm not aware of any functionality being removed, I just know that additional updates and upgrades will not be made with the E7X platform in mind as it's an older platform with as you mentioned low #'s. However what you describe is kind of odd. You said you didn't do a firmware update but the app no longer shows map 6 and 8 as an option? That's odd...do you have a screenshot? Have you reached out to support@jb4connectkit.com to inquire about it. Could just be a glitch in one of the app updates, I'm honestly not sure as I haven't heard of that issue. I thought maybe you had updated the firmware and then noticed the issue.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-10-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
To be frank, I'm not aware of any functionality being removed, I just know that additional updates and upgrades will not be made with the E7X platform in mind as it's an older platform with as you mentioned low #'s. However what you describe is kind of odd. You said you didn't do a firmware update but the app no longer shows map 6 and 8 as an option? That's odd...do you have a screenshot? Have you reached out to support@jb4connectkit.com to inquire about it. Could just be a glitch in one of the app updates, I'm honestly not sure as I haven't heard of that issue. I thought maybe you had updated the firmware and then noticed the issue.
Believe me I understand the E70 N63 platform is incredibly small so I am not complaining about no future updates, what I am bitching about is the removal of functions that were there when I purchased the JB4.

What is strange is that I did not update the firmware in weeks and everything was working just fine in all maps, I was actually ready to pull the trigger on a BMS WMI kit and then noticed out of the blue I was in map2, went to change it and all other functions above map3 were gone.

Attached is a screenshot. I never updated the app either but perhaps when the phone connected to the home wifi it auto-updated? All I know everything was working great for weeks and then it changed suddenly. I will email the connect kit team. I hope this is a glitch and not more features being remove because of the n63.
Attached Images

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2021, 09:55 AM

Let me know what you find out from JB4connectkit support, then I can dig further if needed.

(#7)
Old

Car: X5 xdrive50i
Default 06-11-2021, 07:04 AM

Mine also did this today. Same screen as OP. Only boost gauge works. None of the others work. Just bought my jb4 few months ago very disappointed that they e70 is not going to be saported anymore. Why still sell it and market towards e70
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2021, 11:08 AM

For some, they just want to plug it in, run basic maps, set it and forget it.

Make sure your OBDII cable is connected properly of you wont be able to read gauges.

(#9)
Old

Default 06-13-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
For some, they just want to plug it in, run basic maps, set it and forget it.

Make sure your OBDII cable is connected properly of you wont be able to read gauges.
The problem is Steve is that it was working just fine and then someone at your company changed it and removed all other maps without warning and nobody seems to know why it was done. I've been to busy with work to get back to this but I will again soon and I would REALLY like to know why I can't even use it as a WMI controller. Is Terry really that scared of the n63 that he even took down wmi support? If so, WHY is it still be sold on your website for the E70 n63 when it's no longer supported????

Listen I am not expecting updates or any real development for the n63, I know it's a very limited customer base. However Taking away features that were once there after purchase is complete BS/borderline fraud and makes your company look WEAK like it doesn't know what it's doing. I haven't seen Terry in this forum In what a year? Guess money is so good he doesn't need to give a crap anymore. I mainly purchased this to be a WMI controller and it was working just fine then you guys pull support for wmi and all map6 support and ruin the firmware so it now's prevents the truck from going into sleep mode and kills the battery unless you disconnect ob2 connector before arming the alarm and nobody can even give a damn answer as to why. This had been confirmed now by multiple people but ZERO help from a product you completely changed from
when we purchased it with software updates that made it worse and no way to go back.

I know you dont have a E70 to test on so why release updates and screw it up? Buy one, they are cheap as hell or at least reach out to one is for beta testing, I know any of us would be happy to assist beta testing but to still actively sell a product and then offer no support or testing after is Absolutely Pathetic and inexcusable.

If your not going to support it then stop selling it and give us our money back. This is not the same product anymore I paid 700 dollars for.

Last edited by SR1975; 06-13-2021 at 11:09 AM..