N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Finally got our hands on a new 2.5L! - 04-23-2021, 08:04 PM

BETA 2.5t and 3.5t JB4 system available here: https://burgertuning.com/collections...and-3-5l-turbo

Was able to track down a local 2021 Genesis GV80 2.5L today for a little long overdue JB4 development and dyno testing! This engine uses the same connector system as the new 3.5L, both of which will share a new JB4 2.5/3.5 harness variant.

Anyway, the 2.5L is pretty stout and responded really well to extra boost. Vehicle is 100% factory (factory plug gap too) and we did a few runs on 91 octane (didn't want to really push it on 91 since we were just borrowing it), and then added in a couple gallons of E85 for E20+91 testing which should be fairly similar to 93 octane. Result was a gain of around 65whp and 79wtq! I have no doubt once we spend a little more time with the tuning, add an intake, go up to E30, etc, this little power plant will see 350whp.

We will be adding BETA systems to our site shortly and will make another post talking about the connectors we're using that aren't quite right but good enough for the moment.

Name:  gv70_dyno.png
Views: 1225
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  gv70.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  220.9 KB

Name:  map0.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  map1.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  map4.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  48.8 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 04-23-2021, 09:24 PM

E20 is higher octane and oxygen content than 93 and it's not even close.

We should do a fuel test to show the JB4 is truly capable of.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
E20 is higher octane and oxygen content than 93 and it's not even close.
E20 just means 20% of the fuel is ethanol. That doesn't tell you what the other 80% is which plays a large role in effective octane. That other 80% can be anywhere from 87 octane (or lower!) up to 93 octane, providing a huge effective range. In this case the 20% E85 (80% ethanol, 20% 87 octane) was then mixed with 80% 91 octane. So we estimate the effective octane around 93. Plus or minus a point.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 04-24-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
E20 just means 20% of the fuel is ethanol. That doesn't tell you what the other 80% is which plays a large role in effective octane. That other 80% can be anywhere from 87 octane (or lower!) up to 93 octane, providing a huge effective range. In this case the 20% E85 (80% ethanol, 20% 87 octane) was then mixed with 80% 91 octane. So we estimate the effective octane around 93. Plus or minus a point.
True, the effective octane only tells part of the story. The bump in oxygen content is the real benefit of blending.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#5)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t
Default 04-26-2021, 01:57 PM

Sweet! I have and intake and 3” midpipe with 3” ***-back already on this N-line running 93 octane.

Really interested to see improvements with all that airflow restriction gone.

When can we expect to be able to get the nee harness to tie into our JB4s?

2021 sonata N-Line 2.5t, AEM Intake, HKS SSQV BOV, CP-E 3 midpipe w/high-flow-caat, CP-E Austentine caatback, Rev-9 Hyper Street 2 coil-overs
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnhp
Sweet! I have and intake and 3 midpipe with 3 ***-back already on this N-line running 93 octane.

Really interested to see improvements with all that airflow restriction gone.

When can we expect to be able to get the nee harness to tie into our JB4s?
Should have the BETA systems on our site tomorrow. They are made to order so we'll see on shipment times, I don't expect that to take too long though.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 2015 Kia Optima turbo
Default 04-27-2021, 10:06 AM

What kind of gains are you getting on 91 alone?

2021 kia K5GT.
(#8)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 04-29-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer
What kind of gains are you getting on 91 alone?
30ish whp 40ish wtq based on the dyno
(#9)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t
Default 05-12-2021, 09:19 AM

Definitely can tell difference rolling to 100+. Car gets up in speed quicker now. Off lone I’ve only been able to get like 5.4sec dragy 0-60 with launch control in sport+ mode letting it shift automatically. That’s probably mostly me needing to practice and adjust launch rpm and manually shift, and finding a nice spot as close to 0 degree incline as possible outside going to dragway.

2021 sonata N-Line 2.5t, AEM Intake, HKS SSQV BOV, CP-E 3 midpipe w/high-flow-caat, CP-E Austentine caatback, Rev-9 Hyper Street 2 coil-overs
(#10)
Old

Car: 2021 Sonata N-Line
Default 05-16-2021, 08:21 AM

Do you suggest replacing plugs on the 2.5T tune?
(#11)
Old

Default 05-16-2021, 08:27 AM

What plugs are in the 2.5T?

2021 kia K5GT.
(#12)
Old

Default 05-16-2021, 03:33 PM

Why replace plugs in a brand new car?

Re-gap them down to whatever Terry suggest.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdumont
Do you suggest replacing plugs on the 2.5T tune?
Too early to say, most customers are running factory plugs, and even the factory gap, without issue. We'll see how it pans out longer term.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 2022 2.5L Stinger
Default 05-19-2021, 04:59 PM

Hi Terry, any ETA for intakes on the 2.5? From you guys or any other manufacturers.
Patiently waiting for your MAP connectors .
(#15)
Old

Car: Hyundai Sonata N-Line
Default 05-20-2021, 12:00 AM

Installed mine a week ago, definitely an improvement. I've been blending e85 to at least an e30 mix, using map 3 but considering trying to use map 4. Is there anything I should be worried about? Since the car is otherwise stock, I'm pretty sure boost will stay under control; I'm not familiar with this platform but in the past I've had issues with boost creep for lack of backpressure (after removing the cats).
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.5stinga
Hi Terry, any ETA for intakes on the 2.5? From you guys or any other manufacturers.
Patiently waiting for your MAP connectors .
We haven't started development on that yet, car is still too new. But down the road expect to see an intake from us for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 05-20-2021, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the info! I would totally let you guys guinea pig the car if I was in cali.
Best of luck guys.
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher
Installed mine a week ago, definitely an improvement. I've been blending e85 to at least an e30 mix, using map 3 but considering trying to use map 4. Is there anything I should be worried about? Since the car is otherwise stock, I'm pretty sure boost will stay under control; I'm not familiar with this platform but in the past I've had issues with boost creep for lack of backpressure (after removing the cats).
Post up the CSV log so we can take a look!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#19)
Old

Car: Hyundai Sonata N-Line
Default 05-21-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Post up the CSV log so we can take a look!
About that......LOL

I say "installed," because technically it's connected to the sensors and working. However, I haven't had time to connect the cable to the OBD2 port. Hopefully I'll get it done this weekend.

I have a BT OBD2 adapter and can log using my Torque application, but somehow I don't think that will be enough.
(#20)
Old

Default 05-26-2021, 01:33 PM

So I am assuming there are no fuel wires or EWG wires for the 2.5 yet.

Terry was that dyno run done using ONLY the JB4 installed? I wanted to wait for proper MAP connectors before ordering but my JB4 tuned license plate is making me feel like a poser haha.
(#21)
Old

Car: Genesis G80 Sport
Default 05-26-2021, 02:28 PM

Great numbers. I see you mentioned intake, when are the G80 3.3T guys getting an intake?
(#22)
Old

Car: 325
Default 07-12-2021, 05:20 AM

I have a 2021 G-80 with the 3.5 TT. It's a nice powerplant but could use some "Oomph" to keep up with the German Guys.
* Is this setup good for the 3.5 that's in the G80's??
* Has there been any testing done with the 3.5TT for gains with the JB-4 ??
(#23)
Old

Default 08-03-2021, 10:21 AM

Are you able to get readings from all 4 cylinders on the 2.5T K5GT /N-Line?

2021 kia K5GT.
(#24)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 08-10-2021, 10:43 AM

Any update on when this will get out of Beta or when the connectors will be available?
(#25)
Old

Car: Hyundai Sonata n line
Default 08-10-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddi85
Any update on when this will get out of Beta or when the connectors will be available?
I've taken the next step of going to hyundai myself for my Sonata N line to get the connectors to make it somewhat safe but Hyundai is not selling the connector part currently probably due to covid. the only way is buying the harness and no one is going to do that lol... so maybe this is why its holding them back so hard. since the 1.6 and 2.5 are 2 totally different connectors which is dumb