N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old

Car: Ď22 Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion
Default 07-29-2021, 10:57 AM

Terry,

I seem to have a newer issue looking at my logs. Am running the Denzo plugs that came with the 450WHP kit gapped to .022. Car logs used to look great. I have been seeing higher timing corrections on everything down to map 1 and 2. I have attached a log for map 2 running 100 octane fuel. It seems to have high timing corrections.

I order a new set of Denzo 2 step plugs from your site yesterday. But can you look at this log and maybe give me an idea of what is going on. Iíll also attach a log of Map 5 on the same fuel from a few weeks back.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R4_CC_210729_0917.csv (37.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: csv P21_M5_R1_BMF-roll on to 150 map 5.csv (53.7 KB, 45 views)
(#402)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 07-29-2021, 11:14 AM

This one is easy, you can't run Map 5 on 1 step plugs and expect them to last. I looked at both logs and Map5 was not good at all.
(#403)
Old

Default 07-29-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
This one is easy, you can't run Map 5 on 1 step plugs and expect them to last. I looked at both logs and Map5 was not good at all.
What part of Map 5 are you saying isnít good? I would think some timing variation especially with the IATs would be expected and those numbers didnít look horrible.

But for map 2 to be as bad as it is now, I am assuming my plugs are ****! Iíll pull a couple after the car cools down and look at them.

Are you thinking the plugs have just degraded enough to be the cause of even Map 2 having issues currently?
(#404)
Old

Default 07-29-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
So I pulled 3&6 and both plugs have not run lean at all. I tried Boostane at one point and so I assume that is what this Orange is on the plugs, but the plugs look like they are borderline running on the richer side. I did already order the 2 step colder plugs to help, but Iíd like to hear why you say my Map 5 looks bad.

My Map 5 log that I posted got the OK from BMS tech back when I ran it. A little retarding is ok. My current map 2 log looks worse to me on timing deviations than the Map 5.

So what part are you saying looks bad?
(#405)
Old

Default 07-29-2021, 01:00 PM

OK,
3 snips from your map5, If you're pulling 3 and more deg consistently you have issues. Here, you are...... Over 20 psi on 1 step plugs isn't going to last. That's why your Map2 looks the way it does now. The log isn't the worst but if you want the car to be happy, get those 2 steps in and send another log. The car WILL be faster do to increased timing and you will have a larger window for variances in octane. I've always agreed with Terry (who can't) when he says never tune for zero deviations, but at some point you have to support the boost with the right hardware.
Attached Images

(#406)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 07-29-2021, 08:43 PM

Simple solution: Sunoco GT-260+ which is 13% E85 mixed with 100 octane unleaded.

Boostane made less power again in testing vs fuels with Ethanol mixed to boost octane because those fuels are oxygenated by the Ethanol.

The cooling effect lessens the need for colder plugs. Your timing problems would go away.

I run E20 every fill up. 1% observed loss in fuel economy. 450 miles to empty

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)

Last edited by Djfourmonie; 07-30-2021 at 03:28 AM..
(#407)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default Top end log after EWG connectors - 07-30-2021, 07:38 AM

I was in Mexico long enough to get a couple upper end pulls. For you here who can read the matrix (logs), Is it better to have a longer log with a little before and after info? Or just capture the target foot mash to foot lift?

Thanks for all the help
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R2_210729_1956.csv (27.6 KB, 51 views)
(#408)
Old

Default 07-30-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
Simple solution: Sunoco GT-260+ which is 13% E85 mixed with 100 octane unleaded.

Boostane made less power again in testing vs fuels with Ethanol mixed to boost octane because those fuels are oxygenated by the Ethanol.

The cooling effect lessens the need for colder plugs. Your timing problems would go away.

I run E20 every fill up. 1% observed loss in fuel economy. 450 miles to empty
Iíll go back to adding a few gallons of E85 and see how it tracks. What sucks is road trips, itís hard to find E85.

Iím not a big fan of the Boostane **** at all. I figured Iíd get a couple cans and try. But I do have a couple thing going against me. One I am at 5100í elevation and ambient temps are close to 100*.
(#409)
Old

Default 07-30-2021, 11:42 AM

Map 2 looks clean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerbob19
I was in Mexico long enough to get a couple upper end pulls. For you here who can read the matrix (logs), Is it better to have a longer log with a little before and after info? Or just capture the target foot mash to foot lift?

Thanks for all the help
Attached Images

(#410)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 08-08-2021, 05:43 PM

Add me to the list of owners that get a CEL with the EWG wires hooked up. I suspect my eprom is the old version because I got my JB4 back in 2018. I installed some waterproof wire connectors so I could dead head the EWG wires while leaving them in place and put the mating connector on the wires going to the JB4. Now I can have them installed or bypassed with ease. To clear the CEL I had to unplug the ODBII connector and both of the sensors on the engine, I left the fuel wires plugged in and it got rid of the CEL on next start up. I then plugged everything back in except the EWG wires and still no CEL, everything working as it should. Will get the new chip and report back.

Received the new chip, replaced and connected my EWG wires up again. No CEL, everything appears to be working great. I had to buy a cheap ODBII dongle off Amazon to delete the codes, the JB4 will not do it. Now I need to figure out what I'm supposed to do with the phone app to take full advantage of them. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by St1nger Guy; 08-17-2021 at 11:48 AM..
(#411)
Old

Car: kia stinger gt2 2020
Icon1 Log with EWG connectors. - 08-17-2021, 06:51 PM

P21_M2_R3_210817_1201.csv

I have intakes ,******* down *****, Hks plugs, jb4 with fuel wires and EWG connectors. Ando said my trims are maxing out wondering what I can change. I can do some other pulls and take logs of those if needed. Running 93 octane on map2. EWG connectors are at the settings that are the default.
(#412)
Old

Default 08-17-2021, 08:22 PM

None of these pulls you were at WOT. Can't asses a log with 70% or less
Please do a 3rd 4th gear wot pull, pedal to the floor. Or a slow rolling start to about 100 or 4th gear
(#413)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2021, 11:19 AM

Inflation finally caught up to us on these and we had to raise the price to $100 per pair. Still well worth it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#414)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 08-25-2021, 11:06 AM

UGH I should have ordered them last week. Actually had a set LONG when you 1st released them but never installed them worried about the CEL issues, so I sold them to a local.
(#415)
Old

Default 08-29-2021, 06:55 PM

Terry,

Can you check this log? I just got the EWG wired in.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R7_210828_1530.csv (50.4 KB, 30 views)
(#416)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 08-30-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
Terry,

Can you check this log? I just got the EWG wired in.
Looks pretty good to me.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#417)
Old

Default 08-30-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Looks pretty good to me.
Thanks Steve, shoild I perhaps bump the FF up from 50 to 60 (or more), I thought saw earlier in the thread others were testing higher and higher values. Just wondering..
(#418)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 08-31-2021, 09:44 AM

No need...boost is on target.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#419)
Old

Car: 19' Stinger GT2 RWD
Default 08-31-2021, 09:57 AM

Hello,
I just got my JB4 and EWG wires installed yesterday. I went very slow, made sure the right pins are in the right place and everything is solidly connected as directed.

Before when WOT i could clearly hear my intakes making a loud sucking noise the entire time. Now a few seconds into WOT the sucking noise stops (I assume the gates are opening?). The car isn't making more than 4lbs of boost and threw a CEL with code 25A0.

If i go in the app and disable the EWG control everything runs fine and strong.

Today just to be sure I removed everything double checked it all seated well and was in the correct place. Issue persists.

The only odd thing i can think of is I do have connector 1 going to the drive's side and C2 going to the passenger's side, unlike the install example. (Noticed it after i locked in the pins.)

Current Mods:
Mishimoto FMIC
Mishimoto Catch can
JT Intakes
Velocitech Scoops
HKS Plugs
Break snip

Logs:
First log, first 1/2 EWG enabled 2nd 1/2 EWG disabled
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M1_R8_210830_1821.csv (82.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv P21_M1_R9_210831_0913.csv (72.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: csv P21_M1_R6_210831_1211.csv (38.1 KB, 23 views)
(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2021, 10:57 AM

Something is clearly wrong. Revert EWG connectors to factory first and do a log on map0 and map1 to confirm boost comes back up to normal.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.