N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 velostsr turbo
Default 1.6t with flash tune map 6 help - 01-03-2021, 12:32 PM

Hello again, I know I've been posting a lot but I'm trying to enjoy the jb4. I'm not familiar with reading logs so I need help setting up map 6.

I have a stage 1 flash tune and I am running the jb4 over that. I'm also running 93 octane and I'm full Bolton minus wmi. I saw a spike on my log to 28psi which is pretty high from what I'm told and that's on map 1 with bit0 on and bit6 on. I'll attach the log. Anyways, I'm thinking about dropping the boost in map 6 I just need help to do it properly and make sure everything is running right.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3rd gear pull.csv (23.2 KB, 62 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2021, 03:59 PM

Do some longer full throttle runs on map0. Also set FUA = 2 to see if that gets timing 2-4 logging.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-03-2021, 04:03 PM

Yes sir. I'll do that tomorrow morning and send you the log around 7
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2021, 05:09 PM

OK just add it to this thread.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-04-2021, 07:03 AM

Here is the log. Tried a 2nd and 3rd gear pull. Was wheel spinning too much. Then did just a 3rd gear pull.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R4_210104_0653.csv (39.6 KB, 58 views)
(#6)
Old

Default 01-04-2021, 07:04 AM

It's was on map 0 with fua=2
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2021, 10:23 AM

OK good. Let's set 1st gear to 4psi to see if we can get wheel spin under control.

Then on map6 set all values to 1.5psi, and grab a log on map6.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 01-04-2021, 10:52 AM

Thanks again for the help. Ok, just making sure I'm understanding you correctly. You want me to go to settings and on MAX BOOST 1ST put 4psi? Is that adding 4 psi to first gear through the jb4 or is that limiting me to 4 psi in first? And I'll drop the values to 1.5 on map 6 then send you the log this evening.
(#9)
Old

Default 01-04-2021, 04:59 PM

Here is the map 6 log. 1st gear boost is 4psi,1.5psi across the board on map 6.

I did notice that on my last pull the jb4 reverted to map 0. I left it in map 0 the rest of my drive. Not running any maps until I hear from you. Car still runs great. No codes. But I heard it will do that to protect the motor if it detects abnormalities.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M6_R10_210104_1748.csv (65.6 KB, 62 views)
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2021, 05:55 PM

Last safety 1 means you exceeded your predefined boost limit. Maybe raise that up to 27psi. But log looks generally OK, you can change those 1.5 values to 2psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 01-04-2021, 06:46 PM

Yes sir. I'll do that in the AM. Did you want a log of that too?
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2021, 08:24 PM

Sure I can double check that

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 01-09-2021, 03:45 PM

Good afternoon Terry. I received my fuel wire adapter this week and I just installed it. I took 2 logs, one on black wire #2 and one with red wire. Could you tell me which one the fuel wire is working with if at all? I'm trying to run e30 with map 6.Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Red wire (fuel).csv (28.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: csv Black wire number 2 (fuel).csv (28.9 KB, 57 views)
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2021, 04:22 PM

We would need longer runs with each to evaluate. Like 40-100 or something, on a safe private track of course. It has to be under boost enough that fuel enrichment in the log goes up.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 01-09-2021, 04:35 PM

Yes sir
(#16)
Old

Default 01-09-2021, 04:54 PM

Hey Terry I just noticed on all my logs fuel enrichment has no activity but I did notice on the black wire log there is activity on my last pull. Does that man the jb4 is picking up the signal from the fuel wire? ��
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2021, 07:04 PM

Fuel enrichment is the request out and that is based on the ECU's AFR target. Fuel enrichment is dynamic so only kicks on when it needs to lean out the factory AFR. With your flash the mapping is going to be a lot different than a factory vehicle. But if you want me to evaluate it I'll longer sustained full throttle runs. Ideally something like a 1/4 mile pull on each for example.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 01-10-2021, 07:49 AM

Here you go. Hopefully this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Black wire Run .csv (22.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: csv Red wire run.csv (18.6 KB, 59 views)
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2021, 11:25 AM

For your model appears to be the red wire, but the base algorithm seems off causing us to enrich the AFR rather than lean it out. Leave it on the red wire, change FUA back to 0, and relog.

I'll need to add an additional FUA option likely for your model. Also let me know if the in dash map switching works on FUA = 0 or FUA = 2.

I'll get to work on an FUA = 4 option to get what we need here once I confirm the above.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 01-11-2021, 05:58 AM

Might not be long enough. Fua=0, red wire.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M6_R4_210111_0656.csv (42.3 KB, 57 views)
(#21)
Old

Default 01-12-2021, 07:34 AM

Here you go. Got a better run this morning.
Attached Files
File Type: csv red wire.csv (45.2 KB, 54 views)
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2021, 01:17 PM

OK thanks. Drop me an email and I'll send you a firmware update with a FUA = 4 option.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 01-12-2021, 03:07 PM

I sent you my email on FB messenger. Didn't see a way to DM you on here.
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2021, 03:32 PM

My email address is terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports