N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 09-23-2021, 06:24 AM

Did you ever try this on your Hyundai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona1.6t
since i try the wiper mod on my hyundai kona and it works,i wanna try this one too some day!!!! very good mod to race from a dig with some good tires!!!
(#252)
Old

Car: 2022 Kia Stinger GT1
Default 09-23-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Brake lights work.

The wire has to be cut at the ECU signal, you do not want to block the brake signal from the other modules. I don't know if that ECU wire extends alone from the brake pedal area. Probably but I didn't try to identify that. Maybe someone can find a diagram and find a spot? But the ECU wires are really easy to reach and it's a great spot for a stealthy switch.
I know this an old topic but I'm hoping it can be revisited. I would like to do this mod but I don't really want to cut into the harness. I'm hoping BMS could help with this. Maybe do something like the EWG harness. It doesn't have to hook to the JB4 but that would be sweet. I've done a bit of looking around and it looks like the brake light switch signal is split into 4 or 5 separate wires feeding to other modules, to do this Kia used a joint connector. Here is a view of the joint connector and the stop lamp wiring diagram.
Attached Images

(#253)
Old

Car: Ď22 Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion
Default 09-24-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitness
Does the brake light fuse off work exactly the same seem the location would be perfect for a interior switch
I pulled my fuse and played around for a few days with it removed. I finally just installed a SPST switch on the stop lamp fuse for when I want to do a booster launch or burnout.

It seems to be working flawlessly!
(#254)
Old

Car: 2021 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3tt
Default 09-24-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashcade
I pulled my fuse and played around for a few days with it removed. I finally just installed a SPST switch on the stop lamp fuse for when I want to do a booster launch or burnout.

It seems to be working flawlessly!
Do you have a picture on how you installed your switch?
(#255)
Old

Default 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight1130
Do you have a picture on how you installed your switch?
I donít have my final switch yet so I didnít drill the hole to mount it on my fuse cover.

However, it is just a two pole switch, which means two wires. So I cut the leads/pins out of a fuse and soldered them to wires and ran the wires to the two leads of the switch. One lead for each side of the fuse. When the switch is closed, it acts as though the fuse is in place, when the switch is (off) or open, it acts like you have snipped the wire!

That way if there is ever a problem you can simply pull the switch and put the fuse back in.
(#256)
Old

Car: 2021 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3tt
Default 09-24-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashcade
I donít have my final switch yet so I didnít drill the hole to mount it on my fuse cover.

However, it is just a two pole switch, which means two wires. So I cut the leads/pins out of a fuse and soldered them to wires and ran the wires to the two leads of the switch. One lead for each side of the fuse. When the switch is closed, it acts as though the fuse is in place, when the switch is (off) or open, it acts like you have snipped the wire!

That way if there is ever a problem you can simply pull the switch and put the fuse back in.
Ok I understand what you had done.Did you at least use an inline fuse so the circuit is still protected? I think what I may do is party your idea then h use a normally closed remote switch to avoid any drilling into the plastic. That way I could just use a remote to operate the mod.
(#257)
Old

Default 09-24-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight1130
Ok I understand what you had done.Did you at least use an inline fuse so the circuit is still protected? I think what I may do is party your idea then h use a normally closed remote switch to avoid any drilling into the plastic. That way I could just use a remote to operate the mod.
To me the fuse panel cover is a cheap piece. I already have whole drilled for my bass knob. I wouldnít worry about a remote switch. I didnít but out another in line fuse but I do have the means to do it as soon as I get the switch I decided on.