N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
Default Couple of Accord questions - 03-15-2019, 04:51 AM

Hi,

I have a 2018 1.5T Accord Sport CVT, with a 7-year bumper to bumper, so after months of reading, the JB4 is the obvious move.

I do not intend on the track or anything else, just want something to bump the power because modding is fun. I do not see myself running over Stage 1 because I have the CVT, and the car is already quick now. As far as install, I noticed I would make a few connections under hood, and then I need to get the OBDII through the firewall for that connection correct? I setup a nice phone holder near the cup holders so I can run the app when I am in the car, which I assume its best to go BT adapter for? I use carplay all the time, so if the JB4 app is up, will the music app still play OK?

I like this setup because it can be removed without trace with the warranty concern, and other than the app readouts, is there any drawback to just running the under-hood module with the OBDII connection?

2018 Honda Accord 1.5T CVT
PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#2)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 03-15-2019, 07:44 AM

Hi gadgtfreek,

I use android and can use all the functions of android auto while JB4 is up. I have the bluetooth module and it is really useful for connecting to the jb4. It really maximizes your purchase and the readout isn't available without a connection.

Keep in mind:
- you need to buy the JB4 connect app.
- if you choose to go the cabled route, then you cant connect to the car while connected to the jb4

Really recommend the wireless kit!
Good luck and welcome!
(#3)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the input!

PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#4)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 03-15-2019, 02:27 PM

If you use apple car play your fine as it can support multiple BT connections and wired via cable to your head unit, for Android it would depend on your device. As for the OBDII you can go through the door jam, makes it easy to get back out or hide but the CRV has a plastic garnish in the engine bay along the whole side from the door, hood right to where the jb4 would sit to hide the cable.
(#5)
Old

Car: Honda Accord EXL 1.5 Turbo
Default 04-25-2019, 01:24 AM

Three questions regarding the Accord 1.5 installation:
1. ODB cable is short to reach placement of JB4 next to CPU. Is it OK if JB4 is placed behind battery and in front of firewall?
2. I use 98 Octane. What is the recommended Map?
(#6)
Old

Default 04-25-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klpaleo
Three questions regarding the Accord 1.5 installation:
1. ODB cable is short to reach placement of JB4 next to CPU. Is it OK if JB4 is placed behind battery and in front of firewall?
2. I use 98 Octane. What is the recommended Map?
3. What is the current firmware version? Is there any updated version available that I need to download?
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2019, 08:44 AM

v5 is the latest firmware! If it's a new system we should be shipping with it.

JB4 for Honda Turbo 1.5L 2L Applications - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 04-25-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
v5 is the latest firmware! If it's a new system we should be shipping with it.

JB4 for Honda Turbo 1.5L 2L Applications - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Thank you Terry!
Also regarding the other two questions about the placement of the unit and the recommended map, would you have any input?
(#9)
Old

Default 04-25-2019, 10:23 AM

I put 3M double tape on top of the fuse box and stuck mine down. I run Map 2 with 93 octane all day every day.

PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klpaleo
Thank you Terry!
Also regarding the other two questions about the placement of the unit and the recommended map, would you have any input?
Most run map2, placement is anywhere you want. See photos in guide for how we placed ours.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.