N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4551)
Old

Car: 2022 G70
Default 08-02-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy7_12
Timing, trims and fuel pump look good. How are you liking the 2022? I have had my 2020 for about a year and it's amazing
I love the 2022! I think the matte paint looks awesome but the white gets dirty with brake dust almost instantly and, if it rains at all the things looks terrible. I pretty much only drive it on sunny days. I was cross shopping the new M3 as well as the Audi TTRS and I’m not disappointed in my choice. Both of the other cars are obviously much quicker but the G70 is IMO a better looking car, interior is unmatched, has a way better overall value, and with the JB4 is more power than I need for cruising around.

2022 Genesis G70 Launch Edition
(#4552)
Old

Default Map 3 - No Boost - 08-03-2021, 05:37 AM

After running Map 3 last night for the first time and getting solid logs (See 3 posts back) I lost all boost this morning! It seemed fine for the first half of my drive and then had no power at all. I pulled a log and there is literally zero boost. The car didn't go into limp mode and no check engine lights.

I'm attaching the log and graph to see if anyone has any ideas of what may have happened or what I should try to correct it.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 3_8-3-21.csv (9.4 KB, 38 views)

(#4553)
Old

Car: G80 Sport 2018
Default Hitting limp mode on Map 3 as well - 08-03-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonclarkusaf
After running Map 3 last night for the first time and getting solid logs (See 3 posts back) I lost all boost this morning! It seemed fine for the first half of my drive and then had no power at all. I pulled a log and there is literally zero boost. The car didn't go into limp mode and no check engine lights.

I'm attaching the log and graph to see if anyone has any ideas of what may have happened or what I should try to correct it.
I have the exact same issue with Map 3. It feels great, drives great, and then half way through random drives, I loose power. It goes into Limp mode(or so I believe). The first time, I received a code after a while as I didn't know what was happening(invalid turbo sensor). But now I see that if I stop, turn off the car completely, it clears. So that forced me back to Map 2.

One thing I was able see in the logs when this happens is that even though I am pushing the pedal down to 100, the Throttle never went past 50%.

Now, what I did was do a custom MAP 6. I have entered something that's between Map 2 and 3 and am testing that. So far I haven't seen the power loss. Still fine tuning the boost levels, but I like it.

2018 G80 Sport

Jb4 Map 6 with EWG & Fuel Wires
DYI Intake (half BMS intake)
BMS OCC
TB Coolant Bypass
Windbooster Pedal Tuner
(#4554)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 08-03-2021, 07:17 AM

Try updating your firmware to 24. It might not fix that issue but it does has some enhancements. Plus it will put the JB in a fresh state to start over so to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonclarkusaf

(#4555)
Old

Default 08-03-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalmsa
I have the exact same issue with Map 3. It feels great, drives great, and then half way through random drives, I loose power. It goes into Limp mode(or so I believe). The first time, I received a code after a while as I didn't know what was happening(invalid turbo sensor). But now I see that if I stop, turn off the car completely, it clears. So that forced me back to Map 2.

One thing I was able see in the logs when this happens is that even though I am pushing the pedal down to 100, the Throttle never went past 50%.

Now, what I did was do a custom MAP 6. I have entered something that's between Map 2 and 3 and am testing that. So far I haven't seen the power loss. Still fine tuning the boost levels, but I like it.
I just went on a 3-4 mile drive and everything was back to normal. I shut down the car completely, and drove the same loop a second time without issue. I guess it was an isolated incident. I'd still love to learn what may have caused the issue this morning just in case there is something I should be aware of but, for now it's back to being a blast to drive!

(#4556)
Old

Default 08-03-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Try updating your firmware to 24. It might not fix that issue but it does has some enhancements. Plus it will put the JB in a fresh state to start over so to speak.
Thanks for the suggestion, I just updated to V24. We'll see how this progresses

(#4557)
Old

Car: 2021 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD
Default 08-04-2021, 03:29 PM

Anyone run into false knock? Seem to always get 2.3 on cylinder 4 around 5k rpm give or take 100-200rpm. Always 2.3 and always in that range. Sometimes cylinder 3 chimes in with a 0.8.

Did it with 93 octane on map 1 and still with e30 mix on map 3.

Was thinking of ordering a new plug since it's an easy one to get to. Plugs were put in about a week ago. Denso ikh24 @.022.
(#4558)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 08-04-2021, 04:31 PM

Yes had it happen to me just a couple weeks ago. Sticking 0.8 on cylinder 3 I asked Terry can be a fluke could be more. I refilled up with new gas a couple days ago and temps in my area cooled off no more. Literally the same things as me. Try a fresh tank of fuel and also a ecu reset wouldn’t be surprised if it goes away. Either way not enough I would worry about

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD CERAMIC SILVER W/RED INTERIOR
JB4 W/FUEL WIRES & EWG WIRES
BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
STOPTECH FRONT AND REAR PADS
DENSO 5346
SEIBON CARBON FIBER OEM HOOD
NICHE 20" WHEELS MATTE BRONZE
LLUMAR STRATOS CERAMIC WINDOW TINT
STEK DYNOSHIELD FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA
CERAMIC PRO SILVER PACKAGE
OEM PUDDLE LIGHTS INSTALLED AFTERMARKET
OEM FRONT AND REAR SPLASH GUARDS
DRONE MOBILE REMOTE START
(#4559)
Old

Car: 2021 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD
Default 08-04-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone
Yes had it happen to me just a couple weeks ago. Sticking 0.8 on cylinder 3 I asked Terry can be a fluke could be more. I refilled up with new gas a couple days ago and temps in my area cooled off no more. Literally the same things as me. Try a fresh tank of fuel and also a ecu reset wouldn’t be surprised if it goes away. Either way not enough I would worry about
What's the best way to reset ecu? Disconnect battery for a while?
(#4560)
Old

Default 08-04-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytheum
What's the best way to reset ecu? Disconnect battery for a while?

Yes disconnect wait 5 min reconnect might take a day or so for your true timing numbers to show up you’ll see 0.8 across all cylinders for a while till everything is relearned

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346

Last edited by Jaybone; 08-04-2021 at 05:39 PM..
(#4561)
Old

Car: Hyundai Veloster Turbo 1.6T
Default Throttle opening and closing. - 08-08-2021, 09:07 AM

Hey guys curious if anyone else is having the same issues or solved the issue, but my throttle is opening and closing during heavy acceleration.
Veloster turbo 1.6t
Jb4 running map 2 on 94
Bms throttle controller
Afe intake
Plugs gapped to .022 like the guide suggested.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Throttle.csv (45.5 KB, 34 views)
(#4562)
Old

Default 08-08-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissanta94
Hey guys curious if anyone else is having the same issues or solved the issue, but my throttle is opening and closing during heavy acceleration.
Veloster turbo 1.6t
Jb4 running map 2 on 94
Bms throttle controller
Afe intake
Plugs gapped to .022 like the guide suggested.

Try a map 0 pull for comparison

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4563)
Old

Default 08-08-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Try a map 0 pull for comparison
Here's map 0, and 1. I'll have to find the other log I did last week where it happened all through maps 0, 1, and 2. Ended up pulling the negative off for the night and when I drove the next day it was gone, then started happening again the last couple days.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R1_210808_1336.csv (256.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_210808_1340.csv (112.3 KB, 30 views)
(#4564)
Old

Default 08-08-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissanta94
Here's map 0, and 1. I'll have to find the other log I did last week where it happened all through maps 0, 1, and 2. Ended up pulling the negative off for the night and when I drove the next day it was gone, then started happening again the last couple days.

Can you posted a wot run 40-80 mph + that log is long and nothing sustained

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4565)
Old

Default 08-09-2021, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Can you posted a wot run 40-80 mph + that log is long and nothing sustained
Here's map 2, 1 and 0 40-80mph pulls. Looks like timing in map 2 is not good today if I'm reading it properly. But the throttle issue is non-existent today...
Attached Files
File Type: csv throttleissue.csv (70.0 KB, 48 views)
(#4566)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2021, 08:45 AM

Map2 looks fine to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4567)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default Checkup on logs please - 08-20-2021, 05:06 PM

Would love it if someone could please check these logs. It's only using map2, but standard air intakes, std exhaust, not even bi-modal, std plugs but new plugs are on their way and I'll gap them tighter.
NOT using the fuel wire on the JB4.
I'm a bit worried about the AFRs getting a bit lean?
Also the timing goes a bit low?
Running 95 fuel (Australia). Should I use 98 to have these numbers look a bit healthier?

Just looking at the logs more and I see IGN1 is all over the place.... could be a spark plug? Or ign lead?

Also, does anyone know why my jb4 software shows MPH as 9? 5000rpm in 5th is def faster than than....haha
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs 20 aug 2021.csv (25.3 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by laynevans; 08-20-2021 at 05:37 PM..
(#4568)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynevans
Would love it if someone could please check these logs. It's only using map2, but standard air intakes, std exhaust, not even bi-modal, std plugs but new plugs are
Looks like fuel quality is pretty bad. Log map1 next, might be a better fit. AFR and speed look normal.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4569)
Old

Default 08-20-2021, 09:18 PM

Thanks for that. Will get a similar log on Map 1 for sure. Then will use 98 fuel next fillup and check again. Any thoughts on the erratic IGN1 but? That worries me... Or is it possible the one cylinder is doing the bulk of the work to accommodate for fuel octane deficiency?
(#4570)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 08-21-2021, 06:55 PM

Ign1 is normal, it bottoms out on shifts.... It's the way it's read... no issues. The MPH is just a format thing from the graph, just move the decimal over one place.
(#4571)
Old

Default 08-22-2021, 03:01 AM

Thanks. I will worry less about the weird IGN1 now And MPH was just a weird thing I noticed. Would like KPH ideally anyway. haha
(#4572)
Old

Default 08-22-2021, 11:39 PM

Attached is a short burst with Map1. Hard to find quiet enough roads for much more than this.
Also trying to burn up this tank of fuel to put 98 fuel in and test again.
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs 23 aug 2021.csv (10.0 KB, 35 views)
(#4573)
Old

Car: KIA FORTE GT 2022
Default 08-23-2021, 12:37 AM

Hey Guys,

I have the latest 2022 KIA Cerato/Forte/K3 GT in Australia running the 1.6L Turbo.
I would like to know if the JB4 is compatible with the latest 2022 model and I have a few questions I want to ask:

What is the difference/improvement in 0-60 time you get? Currently my car does the 0-60 in 6.6s.
Also what else do I need to look out for apart from getting new spark plugs (as some of you have installed air intakes (I have no idea what it does other than cool down the engine to make it perform better or is it required as the JB4 will overheat the engine?)
How does installing the JB4 affect Fuel Consumption? Does it require 91 Octane or it needs at least 95 Octane Fuel?

Thanks Guys!
(#4574)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynevans
Attached is a short burst with Map1. Hard to find quiet enough roads for much more than this.
Also trying to burn up this tank of fuel to put 98 fuel in and test again.
Seems OK for map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#4575)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL
Hey Guys,

I have the latest 2022 KIA Cerato/Forte/K3 GT in Australia running the 1.6L Turbo.
I would like to know if the JB4 is compatible with the latest 2022 model and I have a few questions I want to ask:
Yes but I'm not sure which JB4 system it uses. Photos of your MAP/TMAP sensors?

Needs at least 91 RM2 octane, which is 95 RON in AU.

Burger Motorsports