Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 08-01-2021, 11:02 AM

reboot the phone and try again..
(#77)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default Installation Instructions? - 08-21-2021, 06:28 AM

I am looking to pick up the CPI kit, but generally look at the install first to see how difficult/damaging it would be. Is there a link to the install for this product?
(#78)
Old

Car: 20' G70 3.3T
Default 08-21-2021, 08:07 AM

It’s fairly easy hookup. If your using the stock intercooler, you will need a 1/4 npt bit to make the hole for the injector for the charge pipe. (Passenger side) .
You can follow the diagram on the top of the thread. Also for the FSB controller, same instructions for the water/meth kit.
Only thing you have to usu caution with it the tapping of injector and making sure the pins are in the correct spot.
(#79)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooF
I am looking to pick up the CPI kit, but generally look at the install first to see how difficult/damaging it would be. Is there a link to the install for this product?
Just the photos in this thread.. We've been meaning to make a better guide but it's a fairly easy install.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 08-23-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBeeAirsoft
Itís fairly easy hookup. If your using the stock intercooler, you will need a 1/4 npt bit to make the hole for the injector for the charge pipe. (Passenger side) .
You can follow the diagram on the top of the thread. Also for the FSB controller, same instructions for the water/meth kit.
Only thing you have to usu caution with it the tapping of injector and making sure the pins are in the correct spot.
"you will need a 1/8" npt bit"

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#81)
Old

Default 08-24-2021, 11:34 PM

Is there any benefit to this when running E30? Or do you need E50 all the time? When you drive on E50 you only get like 11-13mpg,
(#82)
Old

Car: G70
Default 08-25-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
Is there any benefit to this when running E30? Or do you need E50 all the time? When you drive on E50 you only get like 11-13mpg,
You can run up to E50. You don't have to run E content at all though. You can still run straight 91.

The whole advantage is to run more E content which will raise overall octane level allowing you to run more boost and timing (not having timing corrections). Also relieves pressure on the HPFP and prevents it from crashing due to too much Ethanol.

The sweet spot I have found is E40-E45.

I didn't buy the car for MPG so can't tell you what I average. If i had to guess... 15mpg? But I have a heavy foot
(#83)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 08-25-2021, 09:01 AM

Yes, you can run E30...if running 91, I'd turn off CPI. Agreed, E40 is where you want to be for optimal performance.

The purpose of CPI as mentioned is to assist your HPFP so it doesn't crash and keep your trims from maxing out.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#84)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 09-01-2021, 12:26 PM

Just ordered the CPI kit and EWG wires and will be here tomorrow. Wont be able to get it installed for a bit but had a quick question on plugs. Currently have a 2018 GT2 AWD Stinger with AEM intakes, MBRP Catback, JB4 with fuel wires running the Denso "1 step" 5346 plugs gapped to .022. Should I switch to the Denso 5347 "2-step" plugs when I install the CPI kit and EWG wires or will the 5346 be fine. I have noticed some pulled timing most noticeably on the number 4 cylinder when running 93 octane on Map 3. Thinking the 2 step plugs with the CPI is the right way to go but wanted advice.

2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black. JB4, AEM Intakes, MBRP Catback.
(#85)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 09-01-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver
Just ordered the CPI kit and EWG wires and will be here tomorrow. Wont be able to get it installed for a bit but had a quick question on plugs. Currently have a 2018 GT2 AWD Stinger with AEM intakes, MBRP Catback, JB4 with fuel wires running the Denso "1 step" 5346 plugs gapped to .022. Should I switch to the Denso 5347 "2-step" plugs when I install the CPI kit and EWG wires or will the 5346 be fine. I have noticed some pulled timing most noticeably on the number 4 cylinder when running 93 octane on Map 3. Thinking the 2 step plugs with the CPI is the right way to go but wanted advice.

Logging will tell you if you need to. I run a heavy set up and the 5346 work well for me.

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD CERAMIC SILVER W/RED INTERIOR
JB4 W/FUEL WIRES & EWG WIRES
BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
STOPTECH FRONT AND REAR PADS
DENSO 5346
SEIBON CARBON FIBER OEM HOOD
NICHE 20" WHEELS MATTE BRONZE
LLUMAR STRATOS CERAMIC WINDOW TINT
STEK DYNOSHIELD FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA
CERAMIC PRO SILVER PACKAGE
OEM PUDDLE LIGHTS INSTALLED AFTERMARKET
OEM FRONT AND REAR SPLASH GUARDS
DRONE MOBILE REMOTE START
(#86)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 09-02-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can always drill/tap the factory chargepipe for the CPI nozzle. 1/8" NPT.
Received my Fuel-it/CPI kit today and had a couple questions

Is there a recommended spot in the factory charge pipe to drill and tap for the injector or will anywhere work?

For putting together the injector there were two extra black o-rings in the package. They appear to be close to the same size as the o-rings that were already on the injector. Are those spare o-rings or are they used somehow?

Is the protection diode that is included needed for the CPI application or is that for just the WMI pump? If it is needed how is that hooked up?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Excited to get this installed and get back to the track

2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black. JB4, AEM Intakes, MBRP Catback.
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2021, 05:26 PM

1) For the nozzle placement further from the throttle body is better, but anywhere along the chargepipe should be fine.

2) Might be an oring for the assembly that screws in to the chargepipe, been awhile since I packed one of these so not 100% sure what they include these days.

3) Just for WMI pump

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#88)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-03-2021, 12:22 AM

Black O rings are extras.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#89)
Old

Default 09-08-2021, 10:47 AM

What kinda gas mileage is everyone getting on E50?

11-13mpg?
(#90)
Old

Default 09-08-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
What kinda gas mileage is everyone getting on E50?

11-13mpg?
Around there. Longer drives and just cruising like 17-19.
(#91)
Old

Default 09-10-2021, 11:30 AM

On a side note, If you put too much E85 in (above E50) you get a lean code and JB4 wont connect. Has happened twice now. Had to drive around for a bit and then put more 91 octane in.

Then its a weird process. Have to disconnect JB4 from the car, start the car for a second, turn off, reconnect JB4 then start it up again. Then JB4 will allow you to connect to clear the code.
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2021, 01:49 PM

Can't think of any reason for the JB4 connection to be related to E85 mix. But you will get a lean code from the higher fuel trims at idle.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Car: G70 3.3
Default 09-19-2021, 11:16 AM

Got my CPI installed today and am trying to update the firmware over the serial USB. I'm showing under the website a 21 - Kia/ Hyundai that I assume is for the 3.3s but it only has a firmware 21 or 24, also having tried both neither is successfully writing to the JB4, any suggestions?