N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger
Default Cpi or WMI - 09-02-2021, 04:26 PM

So what do you guys think? I have access to e85 fyi. I'm basically looking for more power, but want it to be worth it. If its only 10whp from 93/e30 ish it's probably not worth it. Anyone have dyno, track time, real world experience? Thanks.
(#2)
Old

Car: G70
Default 09-02-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8EATR
So what do you guys think? I have access to e85 fyi. I'm basically looking for more power, but want it to be worth it. If its only 10whp from 93/e30 ish it's probably not worth it. Anyone have dyno, track time, real world experience? Thanks.
If you have E85 readily available then I would go with CPI. Cheaper also. Both good options but CPI is less of a headache.

It opens up more tuning options and makes a lot more whp.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 09-13-2021, 07:20 AM

Wooohhh,
Let's not get crazy, CPI, Meth... Neither makes power. The tune makes power. I'm not sure about more tuning options either. How? Meth has different nozzles sizes, different locations, dual nozzle set up, progressive controllers, different meth/water mixes, ect. CPI is great, don't get me wrong, and can be tuned. E-85 is also readily available in some locations, so for some it makes sense, but saying it makes more HP is misleading.
JMHO
(#4)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 07:25 AM

Ok that's not really helpful at all and not what was asked. Thats like saying "exhaust doesn't add power, it just restricts less." So back to square one, which one ALLOWS more power to be made. And not in general, regarding the available hardware for the stinger, as not to confuse anyone further ��
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
With easy E85 access CPI is worth it. Lets you run up to E50 and max out the factory turbos. Easily 10-20whp over no-CPI.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Car: G70
Default 09-13-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Wooohhh,
Let's not get crazy, CPI, Meth... Neither makes power. The tune makes power. I'm not sure about more tuning options either. How? Meth has different nozzles sizes, different locations, dual nozzle set up, progressive controllers, different meth/water mixes, ect. CPI is great, don't get me wrong, and can be tuned. E-85 is also readily available in some locations, so for some it makes sense, but saying it makes more HP is misleading.
JMHO
My "and" should have been "to". "to make a lot more power"

Both WMI and CPI open up more tuning to make more power. Don't think I am wrong by saying that. Without tuning neither will do anything.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 10:13 AM

Sorry, your question is ambiguous. It's our polite way of saying you don't understand tuning. If someone says one is better than the other then they don't know what they are talking about. Too many variables. From this short discussion, I say go with E85/CPI for you. It's an easy setup, and you wont have to worry about all the variables advanced methanol tuning brings.
Your ultimate goal is to max your turbos like Terry said. Either option can do that fairly simple, and there are no hardware restrictions to either. If I had easy access to E-85, and CPI was out 2 years ago I might have gone that route. I obviously have Meth but I will tell you chances are I won't switch. I can get the same result with either. It boils down to access and easy of installation really.

Quote:
Ok that's not really helpful at all and not what was asked. Thats like saying "exhaust doesn't add power, it just restricts less." So back to square one, which one ALLOWS more power to be made. And not in general, regarding the available hardware for the stinger, as not to confuse anyone further ��
(#8)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 10:43 AM

I understand tuning just fine. Asking which one does more isn't wrong or misleading. So it's stupid to ask what part of the exhaust would more beneficial to change because of what I said earlier? Or saying e85 doesn't add power, tuning does, duh. That's not what's being asked.

Anyways, thanks Terry for properly answering my question
(#9)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 11:10 AM

Asking about an exhaust pipe, and the differences between complicated electronically controlled injections are two different worlds, and not a good analogy. Sorry for not entertaining it, and sorry for insulting your tuning knowledge, that wasn't my intent. I still stand by "one is not better than the other"