N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW X6 M
Default Newly installed JB4 on BMW X6 M power reduced - 07-14-2021, 02:30 PM

How long does the car need to adapt? If I give an estimated 80% throttle or more the car goes into reduced power mode right before it should have shifted. I have attached an error log from my Foxconn NT 510 elite. If I shut the car off and restart it everything is back to normal.

Thanks, Jack
Attached Images

(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2021, 04:00 PM

Looks like the main problem is a misfire in cylinder6. And a variety of other issues you'll want to evaluate. Like the coolant pump.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-16-2021, 10:01 AM

I replaced the #6 coil and all codes have disappeared except the 2 for the coolant pump which I have confirmed is bad. What troubles me is I have no idea how long the pump has been bad and only found this issue after having misfires because of a bad coil.

Any idea how important the pump is? I assume with an inoperable pump the turbo temps will be higher than they should which will decrease the lifespan of the turbos. Is it possible that once the pump is fixed and the turbo temps are dropped I could see a slight performance gain?

Thanks, Jack
(#4)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-25-2021, 10:55 AM

You will have high IATs and risk detonation and reduced power. Replace you pump asap. There are 2 on the F85/f86 so make sure you diagnose the correct one for replacement.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-26-2021, 08:50 AM

I replaced the pumps but a few weeks later I developed these codes.

2EC3
2F1D
2F1E
30FF
310B

I am getting oil on my heatshield which I hope is from a leaking crankcase hose that connects the airducts. As I was inspecting my crankcase system I noticed that the airducts were not tight into the turbos so I am replacing the turbocharger intake tube gaskets in addition to the crankcase hose.

I hope this fixes these issues and restores power to my X6.

Any thought on these codes?

Thanks
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2021, 07:27 PM

Have a current log to check the basics on the tuning end?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-13-2021, 08:51 AM

Hey Terry, so I had multiple issues that were exacerbated by the JB4 tune box. My initial issue was I had a coil fail. After I replaced the coil the car ran great for maybe a week or 2. But with the increased air pressure through the turbos a slight leak in the crankcase ventilation breather hose got a lot worse. At that time I decided to do a thorough inspection and found that turbocharger intake gaskets were very loose. I replaced the breather hose and gaskets several weeks ago and have not had a problem since.

Thanks for checking in with me.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-13-2021, 03:20 PM

Yes, any time you start running more boost that will tax things a bit more and expose any weaknesses. Glad you found the culprits!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.