N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3601)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friss
Hey Terry I've tried updating to v20 and v21 and I keep getting timeouts once it gets to 407/408 blocks. Is there any way to update the timeout past the 30 you can set in the app? Seems silly that it can make so much progress then timeout...
With the v3.7 adapters a timeout value of 10 is required and anything over 20 has no chance of working, needs to be blocked from app. If you need addl app support email support@jb4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3602)
Old

Car: 2018 Elantra GT Sport
Default 2018 Elantra GT Sport log - 09-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Hey Terry, if you could take a quick look at the log and let me know if anything looks out of the ordinary. Running latest alpha 21 firmware, Map 2 on 93.
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200902_1935.csv (20.1 KB, 92 views)
(#3603)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-03-2020, 12:55 PM

No full throttle but from what I can see looks OK so far!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3604)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 09-03-2020, 01:38 PM

Can you tell us more about the v21 Experimental feature? I see the setting is 0-100 but 60-70 was the sweet spot. what would we notice on 100? what is it doing?
(#3605)
Old

Car: Stinger gt 3.3T
Default 09-04-2020, 08:25 AM

Hey terry.
Can you check the log Map5?
Regards
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M5_R2_200904_1621.csv (11.1 KB, 97 views)
(#3606)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
Can you tell us more about the v21 Experimental feature? I see the setting is 0-100 but 60-70 was the sweet spot. what would we notice on 100? what is it doing?
No additional information to provide other than what we posted in the firmware. We've noticed a slight surge especially when cold at higher levels so we'll be correcting that before moving it out of alpha, but looking fro general feedback on how pedal response feels at various DWP settings.

Burger Motorsports

(#3607)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boelli134
Hey terry.
Can you check the log Map5?
Regards
Not long enough to see much. Would need more info re: mods, fuel, etc, a well.

Burger Motorsports

(#3608)
Old

Default 09-04-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not long enough to see much. Would need more info re: mods, fuel, etc, a well.
Okay tomorrow i make a New log.
Mods air Filter plate.
And 102 oktan Aral ultimate fuel.
(#3609)
Old

Default 09-05-2020, 08:40 AM

Here the New log from Map5.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R5_200905_1618.csv (40.4 KB, 95 views)
(#3610)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2020, 04:37 PM

Seems OK to me here
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3611)
Old

Default 09-05-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Seems OK to me here
Nice thank you.
Do you mean the next step is ewg?
(#3612)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Nice thank you.
Do you mean the next step is ewg?
Probably meth, fuel pressure is already dropping here. EWG will likely just make it worse by further increasing boost/fuel demand.

Burger Motorsports

(#3613)
Old

Default 09-06-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Probably meth, fuel pressure is already dropping here. EWG will likely just make it worse by further increasing boost/fuel demand.
Okay is the map5 safe beacause of fuel pressure ?
(#3614)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Okay is the map5 safe beacause of fuel pressure ?
If it's pulling smoothly yes, no knock seen in logs. Just not ideal on fueling.

Burger Motorsports

(#3615)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2020, 09:13 PM

Anyone tested the v21_T1 firmware with the DWP setting? I've been running a setting of 100 and it seems pretty good. Curious if anyone else likes it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3616)
Old

Default 09-07-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
If it's pulling smoothly yes, no knock seen in logs. Just not ideal on fueling.
Yes pulling is smoothly.
I make a longer log.
I test it 3-4 gear.
(#3617)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3
Default 09-08-2020, 01:23 AM

I put it in yesterday but have not test it yet. Today car is at my mechanic shop to get bigger end silencer and also 2, 4" inches tubes in the middle. All this to take the drone away, very annoying after a while. Now I will have the quiets Stinger around but the fastest. Did 0-100 km/h at 4.2 now still waiting for primary DPs with high flow cats and EWG connectors...

Last edited by Corleone1; 09-08-2020 at 01:41 AM..
(#3618)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 09-08-2020, 08:38 AM

Got the fuel wires installed and ran map 3 for some 1/8th mile pulls. I was on 93 + 2.5 gals of E85 (turned out I had more 93 in the tank than I thought)

Car was running faster even with a second person in the car and car pulled hard after a few feet (I'm only using built in launch control)

Mods:
K&N Intake
VT Snorkels
MBRP Catback
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200904_215603.csv (16.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200904_214427.csv (95.5 KB, 91 views)
(#3619)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-08-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Anyone tested the v21_T1 firmware with the DWP setting? I've been running a setting of 100 and it seems pretty good. Curious if anyone else likes it.
Updated firmware yesterday to V_21.

Did an ECU reset after. Put 100 on Jb4 DWP setting and just revd it a bit. ( Car was warmed up already) CAr then started to stutter so i shut the car off and switched it back to 0.

This morning on start up it was louder and a bit rougher than usual? I found it strange....
(#3620)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays_stinger
Updated firmware yesterday to V_21.

Did an ECU reset after. Put 100 on Jb4 DWP setting and just revd it a bit. ( Car was warmed up already) CAr then started to stutter so i shut the car off and switched it back to 0.

This morning on start up it was louder and a bit rougher than usual? I found it strange....
Would need to see a log for any tuning advice on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3621)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friss
Got the fuel wires installed and ran map 3 for some 1/8th mile pulls. I was on 93 + 2.5 gals of E85 (turned out I had more 93 in the tank than I thought)

Car was running faster even with a second person in the car and car pulled hard after a few feet (I'm only using built in launch control)

Mods:
K&N Intake
VT Snorkels
MBRP Catback
Log looks fine to me
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3622)
Old

Car: 2018 Elantra GT Sport
Default 09-08-2020, 12:11 PM

Here is a log for a 1.6T on the new 21_T1 firmware on map 2, DWP set to 80. Seems to run a little smoother than the base 21 firmware from my experience.

Current Mods:
Velossa Tech Big Mouth
K&N drop in air filter
SXTH FMIC kit
GFB BOV
Pierburg EBCS
MAC BOV solenoid.
AFE axel back exhaust.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200907_2223.csv (248.6 KB, 80 views)
(#3623)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 09-08-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I ran V21 with DWP at 65 and the pedal response felt a lot less "mushy", especially for partial throttle to partial throttle (e.g. 20% - 70%) response, like when you're passing someone on the highway.

I just tried 21_1 with DWP at 100 and it seems even better than before.

These cars are weird, and for whatever reason when you're driving in automatic shifting mode the way to accelerate most quickly isn't always to press the pedal down further. I've heard this referred to as "super spool" on the Stinger forums.

I guess what I'm saying is, the car feels more consistent changing pedal positions and my foot is going to have to relearn the pattern. But I'm happy for the change because this was one of my biggest gripes with the platform and it really benefits daily drivability.
(#3624)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 09-08-2020, 04:22 PM

Please forgive the ignorance. But what does 'DWP' stand for?

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3625)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 09-08-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
Please forgive the ignorance. But what does 'DWP' stand for?
Default Wastegate Position.

It's a misnomer in this context because Terry just used the DWP setting box as a place to enter the new setting. Now that you brought it up this parameter does need a proper (cool) name.