N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1601)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2019, 09:01 PM

The JB4 virtual flex fuel sensor is a work in progress, it's just there for us to collect data off of currently.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1602)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 02-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 virtual flex fuel sensor is a work in progress, it's just there for us to collect data off of currently.
Or sorry I did not mean about the virtual sensor I was just wondering when the page says itís safe up to a 30% mix of E85 does that mean 30% E85 to gas or does that mean a e30 mix. Iíve been doing my mix to a e30 mix and thatís more then 30% because of E85 is only 85% ethanol. I hope that makes sense itís kind of confusing even typing it out.
(#1603)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2019, 09:28 PM

It's normally not that sensitive. 5-6 gallons of E85 to a full tank of pump for example, is what we run here.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1604)
Old

Default 02-04-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
It's normally not that sensitive. 5-6 gallons of E85 to a full tank of pump for example, is what we run here.
Ok thanks Iíve also been putting in gas then putting in the E85 later on with a jerry can wonder if itís not mixing 100%.
(#1605)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 02-04-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
Ok thanks Iíve also been putting in gas then putting in the E85 later on with a jerry can wonder if itís not mixing 100%.
I always put E85 in first on my cars, then pump 93 on top of it. It might still take a little bit of driving for the new fuel to make it's way up to the engine; I usually act like it's straight 93 until ~50-75 miles into the new tank unless I've been running a mix for several tanks
(#1606)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-04-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
I always put E85 in first on my cars, then pump 93 on top of it. It might still take a little bit of driving for the new fuel to make it's way up to the engine; I usually act like it's straight 93 until ~50-75 miles into the new tank unless I've been running a mix for several tanks
Usually takes about 10-15 minutes as the fuel is pumping through and returning back into the system so it is mixing inside of the tank.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#1607)
Old

Default 02-04-2019, 04:59 PM

Hey terry I went out did some more pulls today in map 5. Did not have any issues and car pulls hard but I’m still getting some dips into the 8s for fuel pressure. Can cool weather cause this? It’s almost 0 here right now. Im just wondering if this is somthing I should be conserned about? Car has never gone into safe mode or anything like that.
(#1608)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2019, 10:21 PM

The colder the weather the more power you're making for a given boost pressure, so that would certainly have an effect!

If it's pulling smoothly no problem. If it stumbles drop down a map until it doesn't.

Burger Motorsports

(#1609)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
The colder the weather the more power you're making for a given boost pressure, so that would certainly have an effect!

If it's pulling smoothly no problem. If it stumbles drop down a map until it doesn't.
Ok thanks. Iím kind of worried now maybe I have a bit of a weak fuel pump but just hoping itís because of the cool weather and the fact that Iím at sea level. I even added some more gas and went from a e30 to a e20 mix and I still get the dips. Even map 3 can dip to the 9 for fuel pressure but only if I load it up at a lower rpm and Iím getting 17psi on map 3. Itís kind of weird it does it mid power band and not higher rpms over 5500 or so.
(#1610)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-05-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Ok thanks. Iím kind of worried now maybe I have a bit of a weak fuel pump but just hoping itís because of the cool weather and the fact that Iím at sea level. I even added some more gas and went from a e30 to a e20 mix and I still get the dips. Even map 3 can dip to the 9 for fuel pressure but only if I load it up at a lower rpm and Iím getting 17psi on map 3. Itís kind of weird it does it mid power band and not higher rpms over 5500 or so.
Time to add methanol

Burger Motorsports

(#1611)
Old

Car: Stinger gt2
Default 02-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Time to add methanol
whats the biggest WMI jet that you guys have tried on a stinger so far? i am using a BM10 right now in the adapter you guys make and wanted to see if i can go bigger then a BM10 and use that as a supplement for more fuel??
(#1612)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-05-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger0618
whats the biggest WMI jet that you guys have tried on a stinger so far? i am using a BM10 right now in the adapter you guys make and wanted to see if i can go bigger then a BM10 and use that as a supplement for more fuel??
I personally don't know anyone that is using anything higher than a BM10
BM10 should be pretty sufficient but it depends on your setup etc. How are your logs looking?

Burger Motorsports

(#1613)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 02:17 PM

Does the stinger have a safety measure if the fuel pressure drops to low?
(#1614)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Does the stinger have a safety measure if the fuel pressure drops to low?
I believe Terry is working on that on the JB4 side. Most of these new cars have their own safety systems in place too.

Take a look at a customers log. Fuel pressure drops and you can see ECU PSI lowering boost because of that as it's own safety precaution.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1615)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 08:31 PM

Yes, OEM strategy will pull boost and throttle if to drops.
(#1616)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
Yes, OEM strategy will pull boost and throttle if to drops.
Have you had any issues with your car with fuel pressure dropping?. Mine can dip into the 9s briefly on some pulls on map 3 and can go to 8 on map 5. Has not caused any issues and my afr look ok but most logs of other people stick in the 10-11 range. Maybe Iím hitting limit of stock fuel system because of almost freezing weather and being at sea level.... I just hope thereís nothing wrong in my fuel system.
(#1617)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 08:58 PM

I'm having fp drop in the cold weather. Cold air had more oxygen, needing more fuel in a closed loop fueling system to maintain target AFR. Seems like fp upgrades are going to be needed sooner than later
(#1618)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
I'm having fp drop in the cold weather. Cold air had more oxygen, needing more fuel in a closed loop fueling system to maintain target AFR. Seems like fp upgrades are going to be needed sooner than later
Thanks so much that makes me feel much better. What map do you get the drops?
(#1619)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 02-06-2019, 11:06 AM

Put in JB4 with fuel wire/blue tooth and plugs. I am loving the results but have a few question that i cant find a clear answer on.

First, I live in Louisianan and DD with map 2 on 93 shell gas. Can i run map 3 on just 93 shell gas reliable? (no other mods or fuel additives).

Second.. I installed and updated to v7 on the JB4. Is there any recommended setting changes than need to be made in the app? I see people talking about the fuel wires and it needing to be enabled and values entered in but i am seeing mix info.

Thank for the help!
(#1620)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 02-06-2019, 11:49 AM

I just update the firmware to v8, are my settings saved from the previous version or would I have to reinput everything?
(#1621)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MekstingerGT
I just update the firmware to v8, are my settings saved from the previous version or would I have to reinput everything?
Settings are always saved.

Burger Motorsports

(#1622)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgeoisx
Put in JB4 with fuel wire/blue tooth and plugs. I am loving the results but have a few question that i cant find a clear answer on.

First, I live in Louisianan and DD with map 2 on 93 shell gas. Can i run map 3 on just 93 shell gas reliable? (no other mods or fuel additives).

Second.. I installed and updated to v7 on the JB4. Is there any recommended setting changes than need to be made in the app? I see people talking about the fuel wires and it needing to be enabled and values entered in but i am seeing mix info.

Thank for the help!
Post a log on map2 and let's see how timing looks now, and go from there.

No setting changes are required for v7.

Burger Motorsports

(#1623)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 02-06-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Post a log on map2 and let's see how timing looks now, and go from there.

No setting changes are required for v7.

Dont know if this one will work as i was just dicking around the other day. I can do a few good long runs and post once off work today.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-03 11_21_27_Map-2.csv (4.6 KB, 192 views)
(#1624)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 02-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Thinking about picking up a bigger intercooler - Are any of the current maps tuned to take advantage of this upgrade yet?

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Mods: Tork Intake | Ark Grip Catback | JB4 | Eibach Pro-kit Springs
(#1625)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 02:34 PM

We just put a prototype BMS Stinger IC on our development car.

All maps will take advantage of it but should have some better upgraded IC metrics soon.

Burger Motorsports