N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1351)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by washguy
Hi Terry had some good tier one 93 and 2 gals of e85....nice and cool out this was my first time using launch control....lol map3 v7beta3 run up to 100mph
the car hooked up real nice and pulledsuper hard...no hiccups I could feel please check me out......also did a couple of runs up to 140 but the 140mph never showed up on two different pulls....only showed like 104 and then a 114 on the other pull...but I know I was looking at 140....lol regards Wash
Log looks clean! On speed logging might be an app issue. Using latest version?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1352)
Old

Car: gt2
Default 12-30-2018, 12:50 PM

Hi Terry rev is 3.6 on the jb4......I guess I would go to playstore and chk rev? then dl new jb4 if im behind on revs? regards Wash
(#1353)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Veloster N
Default 12-30-2018, 01:53 PM

Does anyone know if the 2.0T spark plugs are the same as the 3.3TT? I assume they'll need to be replaced/gapped as well?

Any other considerations for the 2.0T platform I should know about? I know the extra fuel wires don't currently work with the 2.0T, anything else?

For reference I have a 2019 Hyundai Veloster N. Just ordered my JB4 yesterday, can't wait for it to come in!
(#1354)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2018, 02:02 PM

The plugs are different, and no fuel wire support yet, but everything else is the same!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1355)
Old

Default 12-30-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The plugs are different, and no fuel wire support yet, but everything else is the same!
Thanks for confirming, do you know if they'll still need to be gapped/replaced?
(#1356)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2018, 05:25 PM

Yes, the factory 2L plugs are even worse than the 3.3L plugs! I've been meaning to source Denso alternatives but so far haven't been able to. So just use the HKS plugs gapped at 0.022" for now.

Burger Motorsports

(#1357)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2018, 05:56 PM

Stayed in it during a 1/4 mile run today (11.95@120) just to see what the 60-130mph would be. Not bad at all.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1358)
Old

Default 12-30-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, the factory 2L plugs are even worse than the 3.3L plugs! I've been meaning to source Denso alternatives but so far haven't been able to. So just use the HKS plugs gapped at 0.022" for now.
Damn, that's not what I was hoping to hear lol. Which HKS plugs should be used for the 2.0T?
(#1359)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-30-2018, 06:31 PM

I suggest 0.022" for all applications, 2L and 3.3L. On the HKS plugs I don't know the part number off hand, but it's floating around the internet.

Burger Motorsports

(#1360)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 12-30-2018, 06:35 PM

Sir,

Quick question. Do you have to adjust the fuel bias if using rev7 firmware?
(#1361)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 12-31-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Better late than never... Finally released our BMS Stinger Intakes! In stock and ready to ship. Intro price $329.

Quick question; how do these seal to pull cold from the factory ducts in the grill? I see how they wrap around the back side of the boxes but the front is open and will pull air from the engine bay, right?

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#1362)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
Quick question; how do these seal to pull cold from the factory ducts in the grill? I see how they wrap around the back side of the boxes but the front is open and will pull air from the engine bay, right?
If they sealed we'd make the same power as the stock airbox as the restriction is in the airbox itself. The shielding and factory airbox bottom bias the air coming in to keep both inlet temps AND restriction as low as possible.

Burger Motorsports

(#1363)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ford
Sir,

Quick question. Do you have to adjust the fuel bias if using rev7 firmware?
No

Burger Motorsports

(#1364)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-31-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Stayed in it during a 1/4 mile run today (11.95@120) just to see what the 60-130mph would be. Not bad at all.
That's very impressive, e60 M5 territory right there. That slope though lol!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#1365)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2018, 09:02 PM

Found a diagnostic tool that has some of the logging parameters I've been wanting to add to the JB4. 2019 is going to be a great year for the Stinger!

Burger Motorsports

(#1366)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 12-31-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Found a diagnostic tool that has some of the logging parameters I've been wanting to add to the JB4. 2019 is going to be a great year for the Stinger!
Super Stoked!!!!!

-MurlinatoR

20 year Kia salesperson

30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
(#1367)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 01-01-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
How long will we be at the edge of our seats dying to know which parameters you found?
(#1368)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Found the PIDs for cyl 2-6 timing and knock adaption in each cylinder. As suspected I can confirm the ECU is running individual timing adaption values per cylinder, continually pulling and putting back in timing to stay as close to knock threshold as it can. Just like all of the other modern platforms we work with like BMW.

The knock adaption values isolated are difficult to add to the JB4 logging so I'm starting with the raw timing timing values for now as they give us most of what we want anyway.

Generally the raw timing values will all agree across all cylinders, unless timing is pulled from one specific cylinder, and then you'll see that cylinders timing drop lower than the rest, and then build back up over a couple of seconds.

Still some work to go though. I'm not 100% sure I have the cylinder numbering right on it. I've noticed my cylinder3 continually pulls more timing than the rest, at all boost levels, so I'm not yet sure if that is just a noisy/hotter cylinder, or if there is an issue with the logging translation. Anyway, exciting times for those who want to explore the power boundaries. This also makes the JB4 much more valuable to customers running flash maps too as they can't get this data from any other publicly available tool.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1369)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Found the PIDs for cyl 2-6 timing and knock adaption in each cylinder. As suspected I can confirm the ECU is running individual timing adaption values per cylinder, continually pulling and putting back in timing to stay as close to knock threshold as it can. Just like all of the other modern platforms we work with like BMW.

The knock adaption values isolated are difficult to add to the JB4 logging so I'm starting with the raw timing timing values for now as they give us most of what we want anyway.

Generally the raw timing values will all agree across all cylinders, unless timing is pulled from one specific cylinder, and then you'll see that cylinders timing drop lower than the rest, and then build back up over a couple of seconds.

Still some work to go though. I'm not 100% sure I have the cylinder numbering right on it. I've noticed my cylinder3 continually pulls more timing than the rest, at all boost levels, so I'm not yet sure if that is just a noisy/hotter cylinder, or if there is an issue with the logging translation. Anyway, exciting times for those who want to explore the power boundaries. This also makes the JB4 much more valuable to customers running flash maps too as they can't get this data from any other publicly available tool.
Now that is awesome!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#1370)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 01-01-2019, 12:54 PM

Amazing. Will next release have both timing and knock sorted?
(#1371)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
Amazing. Will next release have both timing and knock sorted?
The plan is to get raw timing logging cylinders 2-6 active in the next release.

If anyone is bored today and has time to do a log or two, email me and I can shoot an early version over.

Burger Motorsports

(#1372)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 01-02-2019, 01:09 PM

When you calibrate the pedal tuner, should you push all the way down to the “click” or stop just shy?
(#1373)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2019, 01:17 PM

All the way down to the floor past the click.

Burger Motorsports

(#1374)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
Today is the first sunny day here in weeks I can get you a log on the new firmware after work if you need me to
Sure thing just email me for it!

Burger Motorsports

(#1375)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 01-03-2019, 11:15 AM

Cracked the code for launch control yet???

-MurlinatoR

20 year Kia salesperson

30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can