N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1201)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 12-16-2018, 12:44 PM

I'd be fine with that. Still give customization through FUD. I'll be heading out shortly for a few runs to log.
(#1202)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-16-2018, 01:14 PM

There is no way for the system to tell whether fuel lines are installed and automatically do this?

I would think having the AFR wrong for noob customers is only going to cause you problems if they skip the step, and may even lead to uninformed FUD.
(#1203)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 12-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For v7 firmware working on a cool new double-PID fuel control algorithm, nice improvement in AFR control over the single offset algorithm we're using now. Fuel enrichment is bias for bank1, and I plugged bias for bank2 under "calc tq" for now.

Did a bunch of testing this AM and so far, so good. If anyone has time to run a few logs today I left the test firmware in this post. This specific firmware changes the fuel control logic, for it to work right you'll want to set ALL fuel bias values to 80.

I also made an adjustment to the passive delete function which some have reported causes a "pause" during startup. For those using it let me know if it corrects the pause.

*** EDIT have enough out there to get some data in. Will repost in the first post once we know it's solid ***
Hey Terry, I don't see the "calc tq" on my list of data points. Amy reason why?

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#1204)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
Hey Terry, I don't see the "calc tq" on my list of data points. Amy reason why?
The column might be called dutycycle in the CSV, I view in the app or windows interface and we renamed that column calc-tq awhile back.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1205)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 02:16 PM

Added the v7 BETA to the first post along with the interface changes and updated notes to get a wider range of test data. Once we know it's all solid we'll remove the "BETA" tag from the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1206)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 07:39 PM

I guess everyone testing v7 was arrested for speeding and is spending the night in jail instead of sharing logs?

Burger Motorsports

(#1207)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-16-2018, 07:51 PM

Trying to figure out how to upload a file. Got a couple lower gear pulls. Was raining ALL DAY so I couldn't get anything great.

Added the only multiple gear pull I got.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-16 14_02_53 Map-2 (Stock).csv (8.8 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by Vroomz; 12-16-2018 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Attachment
(#1208)
Old

Default 12-16-2018, 08:03 PM

Here are a few from earlier. Feels pretty good. I did get a p0400 error Tonight though. I cleared and will let you know if it comes back.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2018-12-16 16_24_33_Map-5.csv (7.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: csv 2_2018-12-16 16_33_29_Map-5.csv (7.0 KB, 156 views)
File Type: csv 1_2018-12-16 16_31_33_Map-5.csv (7.6 KB, 159 views)
(#1209)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 09:15 PM

p0400, exhaust gas recirc valve? Not sure how that could be tuning related. Ever gotten it before?

Burger Motorsports

(#1210)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomz
Trying to figure out how to upload a file. Got a couple lower gear pulls. Was raining ALL DAY so I couldn't get anything great.

Added the only multiple gear pull I got.
Thx!

Burger Motorsports

(#1211)
Old

Default 12-16-2018, 09:18 PM

I know.. Makes no sense. Especially since there is no EGR on this car unless it's internal to the head
(#1212)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 09:40 PM

We'll see if any other reports of it turn up. Maybe related to your exhaust mods? If hunting codes may want to turn passive delete off.

I made a change to passive delete in v7 that may prevent it from working in some situations. We'll have to keep an eye on that too.

Burger Motorsports

(#1213)
Old

Default 12-16-2018, 09:43 PM

Thoughts on the logs Terry?
(#1214)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
Thoughts on the logs Terry?
They are OK but some areas that need improvement. With the really cold weather and exhaust mods you're a special case, you'll need the IAT spoofing wire to get things better sorted in this cold weather I think. We can pick it up via email when you have it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1215)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 10:29 PM

Hit the private track for a few runs on the new v7 fuel control. Overall pleased to report it works well. Was able to set a new personal best.

Same mods as always: JB4, BMS intake, BMS WMI (50/50 mix), Enkei RPF1 18" rims w/ 555R tires, E30.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1216)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 12-17-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
<11.91 run @ 121mph>
(#1217)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 12-17-2018, 07:30 AM

Wish I would've checked this thread over the weekend.

Here is a quick run this morning. Still 1/2 tank of E30-ish. I didn't change any settings, just uploaded v7 beta and go.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-17 09_10_46 Map-3.csv (10.8 KB, 167 views)
(#1218)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 12-17-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumma022

Here is a quick run this morning. Still 1/2 tank of E30-ish. I didn't change any settings, just uploaded v7 beta and go.
Wow that looks smooth.
(#1219)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumma022

Looks solid to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1220)
Old

Car: 07 335i e90
Default 12-17-2018, 09:00 AM

Any way we can make an new WMI thread under Kia?
(#1221)
Old

Default 12-17-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Looks solid to me!
The afr looks so flat and stable now. Itís that because of the new programming in v7?
(#1222)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 12-17-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
They are OK but some areas that need improvement. With the really cold weather and exhaust mods you're a special case, you'll need the IAT spoofing wire to get things better sorted in this cold weather I think. We can pick it up via email when you have it.
What's the spoofing wire?
(#1223)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
The afr looks so flat and stable now. Itís that because of the new programming in v7?
Yes, v7 dynamic fuel control FTW.

Burger Motorsports

(#1224)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmania82
What's the spoofing wire?
It's an add on wire to the JB4 harness we're experimenting with that lets it adjust the IAT, originally was testing it for timing control but found it's more useful in situations where we need to increase the flash target. Like really cold weather, with primary *** deletes. For now it's just an experimental thing I'm testing with a couple customers.

Burger Motorsports

(#1225)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewdawg130
Any way we can make an new WMI thread under Kia?
Sure I'll make one shortly!

Burger Motorsports