N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 2021 Q5 - 04-06-2021, 12:46 PM

Hello Terry, how much extra power you looking to make with JB on a 2021 Q5 2.0T w/12v electrical system and when is the ETA?
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-06-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Hello Terry, how much extra power you looking to make with JB on a 2021 Q5 2.0T w/12v electrical system and when is the ETA?
We need to make a modification to the harness. Car should be good for around 315hp on 93. The 12V motor only works when cruising and on initial spool up.
Haven't looked and one of the PHEV yet.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 04-06-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
We need to make a modification to the harness. Car should be good for around 315hp on 93. The 12V motor only works when cruising and on initial spool up.
Haven't looked and one of the PHEV yet.
Tkx George.

Ok whats the eta on the harness?
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-13-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Tkx George.

Ok whats the eta on the harness?
I am having difficulty sourcing the one sensor so we can bench test it as its in back order so once that is done will be able to have a ETA. The current harnesses will work so most likely we will only need to swap a plug which we have stock of in house and not at the harness manufacturer. We make these in the US so there isn't major lead time regardless.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 04-14-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
I am having difficulty sourcing the one sensor so we can bench test it as its in back order so once that is done will be able to have a ETA. The current harnesses will work so most likely we will only need to swap a plug which we have stock of in house and not at the harness manufacturer. We make these in the US so there isn't major lead time regardless.
Ok waiting, what will be the price?
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-14-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Ok waiting, what will be the price?
$429, the same as the rest of the Group 6 units.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 06-07-2021, 07:49 PM

Hey man, is this ready?
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-08-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Hey man, is this ready?
We still working on it. It turns out two of the sensors are SENT technology so a new board needs to be used.
We working simultaneously on the MK8 R that I have with me and it has the same layout in terms of sensors so it will be a direct carry over of the R but with tuning suited to your engine.
Edited to add that only a Jb4 will be available.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 06-09-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
We still working on it. It turns out two of the sensors are SENT technology so a new board needs to be used.
We working simultaneously on the MK8 R that I have with me and it has the same layout in terms of sensors so it will be a direct carry over of the R but with tuning suited to your engine.
Edited to add that only a Jb4 will be available.
You said above it was 1 sensor. When will this be finished and thoroughly tested on a 2021 q5 not R?
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-09-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
You said above it was 1 sensor. When will this be finished and thoroughly tested on a 2021 q5 not R?
I would say in a months time at most.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 06-17-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
We still working on it. It turns out two of the sensors are SENT technology so a new board needs to be used.
We working simultaneously on the MK8 R that I have with me and it has the same layout in terms of sensors so it will be a direct carry over of the R but with tuning suited to your engine.
Edited to add that only a Jb4 will be available.
Does the MK8 R use the same turbo as the 2021 q5 2.0? Will u be able to make the same power as the R or 330+hp?
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-17-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Does the MK8 R use the same turbo as the 2021 q5 2.0? Will u be able to make the same power as the R or 330+hp?
330hp or so. Looking more into things it looks like the 262hp motor is closer to a Gen4 motor than a Gen3.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 06-18-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
330hp or so. Looking more into things it looks like the 262hp motor is closer to a Gen4 motor than a Gen3.
Do u have a 2021 q5 to test with?
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Lightbulb 07-21-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
330hp or so. Looking more into things it looks like the 262hp motor is closer to a Gen4 motor than a Gen3.
Looks like nowhere close to 330hp on 93/94, right?
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 06-18-2021, 08:44 AM

No, I am not....
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 07-04-2021, 10:24 PM

George, its been almost a month now. Do you have the q5 jb4 ready and how much power?
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-05-2021, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
George, its been almost a month now. Do you have the q5 jb4 ready and how much power?
We should have news and dynos this week.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 07-07-2021, 06:12 AM

Where do i see this?
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-07-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Where do i see this?
Will post here but if all goes well the unit will be also listed in Group 6 in the drop down menu with information on the sales page: https://burgertuning.com/collections...l-audi-porsche


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 07-13-2021, 07:15 AM

Any dyno sheet yet? Logs?
Reply With Quote
(#21)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-13-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Any dyno sheet yet? Logs?
AFter or on this weekend.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 07-13-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
AFter or on this weekend.
Does the 2021 q5 use the same motor/turbo combo as the gti or R? How much power more or less?
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,457
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-13-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
Does the 2021 q5 use the same motor/turbo combo as the gti or R? How much power more or less?
Engine is like new GTI and turbo remained the same as 248/252hp version. On 91 around 310hp and on 93 around 315hp or so on the 252hp version so the ouput should be more on yours.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 07-13-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Engine is like new GTI and turbo remained the same as 248/252hp version. On 91 around 310hp and on 93 around 315hp or so on the 252hp version so the ouput should be more on yours.
U mentioned it uses the same turbo and the 12v does not add hp just spool, so wouldnt the power be the same as the 2020?
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
TTM5 TTM5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: M5
Default 07-18-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
AFter or on this weekend.
Where is the dyno sheet george?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com