N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 335is
Question Heavy sputter on acceleration only - 02-28-2018, 09:57 PM

Hey folks, I'm very new to the tuning of my n54 so bare with my ignorance. My n54 335is runs pretty smooth for the most part but once and awhile when I punch this thing or I try to get out of a jam in traffic, it sputters like crazy only upon heavy/quick acceleration. When idling or cruising smoothly its fine but when punching the throttle 70-90% it sputters randomly and no codes come up. I pretty much have all bolt on mods besides the turbos and I have replaced all the common problems: injectors, plugs, coils, and walnut blasting and this car still does it. I can't for the life of me figure this out and apparently no mechanic can figure it out. O2 sensors? MAF sensor?....but wouldn't codes pop on my if those were not good. Love the n54 but its mood swings are so frustrating. Sucks that I have to worry when I want the urge to punch it. For the love of God someone please help? Thanks!
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-01-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolj
For the love of God someone please help? Thanks!
LOL...please upload a JB4 log of the issue in the support forum and we'll take a look at it. Be sure to disable log heavy throttle only if the issue is at partial throttle.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-02-2018, 12:58 PM

I donít have a jb4 but I do have a Cobb. Hope thatís not a problem but once I get the log I will post it. Thank you
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-02-2018, 04:43 PM

That's a problem...need to upload a JB4 log. Cobb is outdated and way behind the times.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Default 03-02-2018, 05:32 PM

Dam really? Why is everyone so gun hoe with the jb4? I was guided to the Cobb cuz it was easy plug and play. Could the actual tune be the problem? I think the guy was going to hook me up with jb4 but I think it was a problem here in California or something. Maybe replacing the plugs to NGKs? Itís funny too...when I plug in for a log the car will pull fine but when out it messes with me. This car might belong to Satan