N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default Evil1: Trying out a JB4+MHD 6466 OTS Map - 04-06-2018, 03:19 PM

After seeing Terry's recent thread and 6266 results (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52337) , I was curious to see if I could feel a difference between my custom tune+BEF and the latest off the shelf maps that are sticky'd on this forum.

The custom tune that came with the car (Evil1) from Tony (Trickcruiser) was definitely strong and ended up putting down 637/533 to the wheels (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50525), but I still didnít think it was as smooth as my previous cars.
I also had hard starts/rough idle on initial startup if it sat for more than a couple hours.

Since Tony and his family came out to Dallas to visit, we decided to update the firmware on the JB4 and reflash the car using the ĎJb4_BB2_i8aos_st_e85_pi_ts_thr.biní file.
This was a 100% OTS map pulled from this forum. The only adjustment I made was cranking the pedal input to 5 based on personal preference.
I figured that the worst case was that I didnít notice a difference and I could flash back to my custom tune.

We flashed the 20lb map and did some datalogging, just to make sure everything looked safe (which it did), then stepped up to 23, and finally 26.
EVERYTHING felt better. Smooth consistent power that kept pulling hard with no sign of surging or fluctuation. Even starting the car and initial idle was better.
It only took one pull on the 26lb map to be an OTS map believer and honestly don't see a need to go with a custom tune.

Now I need to hunt down a 1/4mi track to around here to get some additional data as well as tossing it on the rollers to see what it puts down now.

Mods:
JB4 + MHD BEF
VM 6466 top mount
RPI exhaust
100% E85 (tank fluctuated between E79-E86)
CPE port injection w/ Fuel-it return line
BMS PI controller
Fuel-It E85 fuel lines + analyzer
Fuel-It Stage 3
DIY FMIC (Big Tom?)
PR Coils
1 step colder plugs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-04-04 22_03_43.csv (13.9 KB, 75 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2018, 08:45 PM

Happy to help! Our OTS back end flash maps are very well calibrated and perfect starting points for common setups like a VM 6466 or 6266 kit.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-06-2018, 09:30 PM

Amazing work and customer service as always from Terry! My only issue at this point is the need to up the power of my M3 ASAP! She feels so slow after driving the 1 again. LOL