N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F30 340i / E70 X5-35i
Default B58 Powered 340i Goes 11.40's on Meth @ 2,000' DA - PLUS Custom AWE Exhaust - 07-14-2019, 12:18 AM

Hi All,

I apologize in advance, I am terrible with any kind of video, hard to find the time with a 3rd kid on the way, but this is why I am posting it at 2am - ha.
Anyways, here is a video of the car. I'm looking forward to getting this car lined up in October in Wisconsin at a real strip with prep. I think it can go faster.

https://vimeo.com/347981794

All of the parts on the car fit great, don't throw codes, and they all work very well. Methanol is amazing, stock turbo.

Huge shoutout to the entire BMS team, especially Terry. He made himself available to review logs during dyno sessions, and answer all of my non-stop stupid questions. Really great partner in this. Guy is a flipping genius.

MHD BEF is totally killer. XHP Stage 3 Transmission tune is a monster, I launch the car in Manual 2 gear mode. 0-60 in 3.3, but I think it can do better. Don't even bother with a 1-2 shift anymore.

AWE was gracious enough to make me a custom 340i exhaust with an additional resonator in the mid-pipe (like the 320i had). This made the exhaust a bit more mellow and reduced the burble pops (also disabled in MHD). I'm not a fan of the burbles, and I personally love this exhaust. It sounds somewhat "exotic" at 3500rpm.

Car made the following on the dyno (45% Humidity, 88F, 29.3 in Hg):

Pull 1: 441 AWHP / 526 AWTQ
Pull 2: 447 AWHP / 493 AWTQ
Pull 3: 458 AWHP / 502 AWTQ

Car is probably 445 AWHP and 500 AWTQ.

Wife approved, emissions approved. If anyone has any questions - let me know.

| 2016 BMW 340i | M-Sport |
| CG Catted + AWE | BMS Intake | FTP Turbo Inlet + CP | JB4 + MHD BEF | XHP Stage 3 | BMS Meth Kit | VP M1
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 11:21 AM

Haha awesome! Killing it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 07-14-2019, 10:08 PM

What a beast! Congrats and thanks for sharing. I'm in the desert of SoCal where it's 110F+ now. When it cools down the BEF and XHP are getting done. Since I'm not AWD, those 60' aren't likely. Lol. I generally don't drag race anyway so from a roll she suits me fine.

Keep us posted on your progress... You give us all hope for stock turbo glory!
(#4)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 07-15-2019, 08:21 AM

What percentage meth? 100?

AWE is right up the road from me. They make great stuff for sure. It's a shame how expensive they got since I brought my VW there many years ago.
(#5)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default 07-17-2019, 02:21 AM

That's the way it should be done, well done.

What Map are you using on the Jb4, Map7 !
If you could post your log for the dyno run that would be great.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340ix
Default 07-27-2019, 10:53 AM

You have a really quick car. I'm hoping that I can break into the high 11's.
I have a 2016 BMW 340ix. I have the JB4 on Map2 using 93 octane gas, and an aFe low flow replacement air filter. I noticed that you have the catted down pipe. Did you find that the catted ** give you a good bang for the buck? Are you using 100% Methanol or a mixture like Boost Juice?
Is going to the MHD BEF flash an easy set up? When doing power upgrades it is much easier to follow the footsteps of a previous booster than just trying this and that. Thanks, John
(#7)
Old

Car: F30 340i / E70 X5-35i
Default 07-27-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaldoc
You have a really quick car. I'm hoping that I can break into the high 11's.
I have a 2016 BMW 340ix. I have the JB4 on Map2 using 93 octane gas, and an aFe low flow replacement air filter. I noticed that you have the catted down pipe. Did you find that the catted ** give you a good bang for the buck? Are you using 100% Methanol or a mixture like Boost Juice?
Is going to the MHD BEF flash an easy set up? When doing power upgrades it is much easier to follow the footsteps of a previous booster than just trying this and that. Thanks, John
I was using boost juice, still use it every now and then, but I primarily went to 100% M1. I usually run 2 gallons M1, 1 gallon boost juice.

******** was a monster upgrade, and emissions compliant (doesn’t stink). MHD BEF as well (super easy). XHP also just as easy as MHD.

With what you have, go ** and Meth and you’ll never look back. I pulled hard on an M2 yo to 140 on the highway the other day, this car is really a monster sleeper. Happy to help you with what you want to do, just let me know.

| 2016 BMW 340i | M-Sport |
| CG Catted + AWE | BMS Intake | FTP Turbo Inlet + CP | JB4 + MHD BEF | XHP Stage 3 | BMS Meth Kit | VP M1
(#8)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default 08-07-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryClub007
Hi All,

I apologize in advance, I am terrible with any kind of video, hard to find the time with a 3rd kid on the way, but this is why I am posting it at 2am - ha.
Anyways, here is a video of the car. I'm looking forward to getting this car lined up in October in Wisconsin at a real strip with prep. I think it can go faster.

https://vimeo.com/347981794

All of the parts on the car fit great, don't throw codes, and they all work very well. Methanol is amazing, stock turbo.

Huge shoutout to the entire BMS team, especially Terry. He made himself available to review logs during dyno sessions, and answer all of my non-stop stupid questions. Really great partner in this. Guy is a flipping genius.

MHD BEF is totally killer. XHP Stage 3 Transmission tune is a monster, I launch the car in Manual 2 gear mode. 0-60 in 3.3, but I think it can do better. Don't even bother with a 1-2 shift anymore.

AWE was gracious enough to make me a custom 340i exhaust with an additional resonator in the mid-pipe (like the 320i had). This made the exhaust a bit more mellow and reduced the burble pops (also disabled in MHD). I'm not a fan of the burbles, and I personally love this exhaust. It sounds somewhat "exotic" at 3500rpm.

Car made the following on the dyno (45% Humidity, 88F, 29.3 in Hg):

Pull 1: 441 AWHP / 526 AWTQ
Pull 2: 447 AWHP / 493 AWTQ
Pull 3: 458 AWHP / 502 AWTQ

Car is probably 445 AWHP and 500 AWTQ.

Wife approved, emissions approved. If anyone has any questions - let me know.
Can you post your jb4 setting? Including meth setting.
Did 11.9 @117
Thanks