N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1676)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2019, 11:23 AM

Valet map remains map8 on V13.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1677)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
Looks like I need to bite the bullet and get the flash. Lol. Is it still in beta or mostly dialed in? Obviously, as we learn more we update it, just wondering where it currently stands. Thanks.
BETA still but been solid, go for it!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1678)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 06-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Valet map remains map8 on V13.
So how much psi+ additive is map 4 on v13 fud off supposed to be?
(#1679)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 06-13-2019, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
So how much psi+ additive is map 4 on v13 fud off supposed to be?
I am so curious as well. It seems Map 4 is a new defined Map in V13 without FUD bit6 on.
(#1680)
Old

Car: 2020 Z4 M40i
Default 06-18-2019, 04:12 PM

Just out of curiosity, should the B58 JB4 work on the 2020 Z4 M40i? I ask because I connected it up while on the dyno and, while it would read temps and such, it wouldnít read/clear codes and the dyno results showed no hp or tq gains. I updated to hex11 before starting the engine and doing a pull to be sure.

I figured itíd work since it works on the G01 X3 M40i. Any info, Terry?
(#1681)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 06-21-2019, 02:51 PM

Hi Terry... What is the "Virtual Sensor Offset" setting used for? I've noticed that some have it at 0 and the default settings show 0, but mine has always been at 128. My searches came up empty. Thank you, sir.
(#1682)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2019, 03:42 PM

It's not active yet for the B58. For other models we use that for our virtual E85 detection. I'll be adding it to the B58 in the future.

Burger Motorsports

(#1683)
Old

Car: M4
Default 06-26-2019, 10:30 PM

I have several questions on JB4 for B58, M140i.

Yesterday I installed it on my car and updated the firmware to v11 successfully.

I am not sure if this is the current status on the following.

1. The valve cannot be controlled when car is in P modus. The green arrow confirms the status but the valve stays open/ close. While driving it works.

2. In the JB4 dash menu the arrow for speed and rpm are going crazy and just moving up and down fast. The JB4 in my M3 does not show this behavior.

Thank you!
(#1684)
Old

Car: 135i e82 n54
Default 06-27-2019, 08:06 AM

Looks like alot to catch up on since i was last on here but to be clear, if i update JB4 to V13 can i use the absolute target maps without the BEF?

Can you use absolute target maps without EWG connector?

How do these compare to the previous additive maps?

What additional gains are there from running the BEF as well?

Current: M140i
Previous: N54 - Forge BOV - Forge Chargepipe - Airtec Intercooler - DCI - VRSF - JB4 - LCA
(#1685)
Old

Car: BMW 550i x drive
Default N63tu ? - 06-27-2019, 04:27 PM

Just ordered the b58 fuel connector for the N63tu. Im have trouble installing them because all of the pictures have one fuel rail and I have two of course. Just wanted to confirm How I should install to the amp connector. I saw in another thread that the b58 connectors arenít compatible for the N63tu. Just wanted to clarify if I can install or keep them for future use.
(#1686)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2019, 04:55 PM

They are not supported for the n63tu, return them. For n63tu we only support TMAP + optional BCM connections.

Burger Motorsports

(#1687)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_liam
Looks like alot to catch up on since i was last on here but to be clear, if i update JB4 to V13 can i use the absolute target maps without the BEF?

Can you use absolute target maps without EWG connector?

How do these compare to the previous additive maps?

What additional gains are there from running the BEF as well?
No BEF is required for the options.6 back end flash settings that enables the absolute target maps. See the BEF thread for specific details on what the BEF adds.

Burger Motorsports

(#1688)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4-M4
I have several questions on JB4 for B58, M140i.

Yesterday I installed it on my car and updated the firmware to v11 successfully.

I am not sure if this is the current status on the following.

1. The valve cannot be controlled when car is in P modus. The green arrow confirms the status but the valve stays open/ close. While driving it works.

2. In the JB4 dash menu the arrow for speed and rpm are going crazy and just moving up and down fast. The JB4 in my M3 does not show this behavior.

Thank you!
1) Could be a bug, should open/close in part as long as engine is running.
2) That is something we're working on for the new dash. Email me for the latest test firmware which I think corrects it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1689)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 07-02-2019, 05:32 AM

Anyone on the forums have the M340 yet? I e-mailed a leasing agent about this car just to get an idea of what the car is going for.. this is what the guy offered me

63K MSRP
2,300 down includes first month, bank fee, and Plates
$708 a month

Residual Value- 61%
MF- 0.00165

38.5K buy out

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#1690)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 07-02-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Anyone on the forums have the M340 yet? I e-mailed a leasing agent about this car just to get an idea of what the car is going for.. this is what the guy offered me

63K MSRP
2,300 down includes first month, bank fee, and Plates
$708 a month

Residual Value- 61%
MF- 0.00165

38.5K buy out
Wow thatís great any msds?
(#1691)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 07-02-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec800
Wow thatís great any msds?
Not sure what MSD means but if itís money down than yeah $2,300. This was just a quick quote to get an idea of what the car will go for without incentives

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#1692)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 07-08-2019, 02:26 PM

Hey all newbie here after some help.
I’ve got a UK 2016 340i with MPPSK Kit fitted, car runs on standard UK 95 octane fuel.
I’ve just picked up a JB4 from eBay that was being used on a 240i, once installed what map setting should I be using?

Thanks
(#1693)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M340iUK
Hey all newbie here after some help.
Iíve got a UK 2016 340i with MPPSK Kit fitted, car runs on standard UK 95 octane fuel.
Iíve just picked up a JB4 from eBay that was being used on a 240i, once installed what map setting should I be using?

Thanks
The normal map guide applies, probably map2 is a good starting point.

Burger Motorsports

(#1694)
Old

Car: Mini f56 JCW
Default 07-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Hi terry any test done on the m340?
(#1695)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Sure no issues at all.

Burger Motorsports

(#1696)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 07-11-2019, 09:36 PM

Terry... I'm messing with the IAT spoofing and have a question. Is there a way to log actual IAT vs Spoofed on the same log? Similar to ECU PSI vs Target when using absolutes. I'm just trying to see how it's acting across the pull. Thanks for the info.
(#1697)
Old

Default 07-12-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sure no issues at all.
Terry

I placed the order today for the board upgrade for b58.

How the setting would work on the new digital dash (live ****pit pro) ? Is same as previous dash ?

Thanks
(#1698)
Old

Car: M240i Sunset Orange
Default 07-13-2019, 10:49 AM

All honesty here, have not read through all of the pages here, but I'm noticing many people talking about the JB4 V13 firmware? I didn't notice it on the first page. Is this available for all (running B58/M240i)? Also, does this fix the onboard screen for the 2018 M240i digital cluster bouncing around?
(#1699)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 08:29 PM

Hi Terry, sent you an email, anyway I installed JB4 on the new M340i, and although seems working, the setting through dashboard seems is not compatible. Do you confirm ? Is any update to make the JB4 compatible with the live ****pit pro

Thanks
Antonio
(#1700)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive
Default 08-01-2019, 08:56 AM

I just upgraded my firmware from v11 to v13 on my 2016 340i xDrive. Looking at the new map guide ... are Map2 & Map3 essentially the same between the two versions? On v11 it states additive map with peak of 4 or 6 psi over stock ... while v13 states absolute map with peak boost of 16 or 18 psi.